• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dual international Mat Rogers announces retirement

TRF_woosaah

Academy Player
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Dual international Mat Rogers has announced his retirement from professional sport after a glittering NRL and rugby union career.
The 34-year-old will finish up with the Gold Coast ***ans at the end of 2010, after four seasons with the fledgling NRL club, who were struggling to come up with enough money to keep him.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/4028771/Dual-international-Mat-Rogers-announces-retirement

Great player in both rugby and league. I really did enjoy watching him play, even though i didnt like him (mainly because he was so good and not in the team i was cheering for)

he had definatly had a great career in rugby and in rugby league

He was awesome to watch whether he was playing Rugby or League. Excellent player hope he does something in the backgrounds like coach or something like that. His knowledge would be an asset to any team in both codes.

This is a bit of a shame really cause they guy clearly looks like he could have another couple of seasons in him!!

Yeah no doubt he was and still is a good League player and when he played Union he fit right in. Like Brad Thorn a champion convert.

So becasue they didn't offer enough money he decided to call it a night on his career? Sad. Should've kept playing for the sake of being able to play. My opinion, I know.

So becasue they didn't offer enough money he decided to call it a night on his career? Sad. Should've kept playing for the sake of being able to play. My opinion, I know.

It's all about the money!! Everybody has their price!! HAHAHAHAHA (Million Dollar Man)

Latest posts