• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dubai Sevens

dudeabides

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
United States
Is anyone watching this? I don't think they are at the stadium but Canada just took out France 20 to nil, and the Australian's beat the United States 19 to 12. Late night (where I live) live rugby is all kinds of fun to watch.

Emirates-Airline-Dubai-Rugby-Sevens.jpg

Last edited:
All the results bar the Canada/France one have been really close and generally competitive games.

Been refreshing this season with the new core teams, just need teams like Russia and Japan to replace dross like Scotland and the season would be really exciting.

Is anyone watching this? I don't think they are at the stadium but Canada just took out France 20 to nil, and the Australian's beat the United States 19 to 12. Late night (where I live) live rugby is all kinds of fun to watch.

Emirates-Airline-Dubai-Rugby-Sevens.jpg

I took a bit of a break to quickly watch SA vs England and Samoa vs Portugal. That Samoa vs Portugal game was a bit of a spectical even if the defensive efforts was a bit of a joke at times. SA need to improve greatly if we are going to compete for a ***le. A lack of consistency ITO personal certainly doesn't help though.

I really hope 7's gets a bit more exposure and support here in SA as I really do have a lot of time for it and think we could do well to push for an olympic medal.

The Joining Jack Charity veteran team won their first three matches, hope they get to their final.

2nd round of matches about to start including Fiji v Scotland, Argentina v Wales & England v Samoa but first up France v USA.

Portugal just beat the Blitzbokke with the final play of the game. :eek:

Thrilled with Canada's performance on the first day two wins and a hard fought comeback draw against Oz to win our pool!! Got Kenya coming up tommorow and I think we match up well against them, a win and this could be heading towards Canada's best ever 7's event.

Congratulations, I nodded off after USA/France and didn't get to see that huge loss to your side 26 to 7. Well done winning a tough pool!

I know the USA is in a tough pool and don't have necessarily their strongest side, but at some point we need to see results. It's great that Magelby wants to build cohesion and depth, but at some point we have to start seeing results. Sitting 0-3 with some moral victories doesn't cut it. Magelby had the preparation time for this tournament with the players he wanted. Emirates sponsored their flight over to arrive a week early to train and acclimate, and the best we can put forward is 0-3, losing leads, and getting blown out by Canada? We are training year round with somewhat pro players (salaries are measly) but it's sad to see this team just not go anywhere. I'm sorry but our automatic spot on the series will be in jeopardy if we continue to not play the best rugby we can. The 3 recently promoted countries Canada, Spain, and Portugal are all quality, plus Wales and Scotland gave us a whopping at Gold Coast. It is frustrating as an American fan to see us struggle so mightily to close out games or even just executing skills like handling and receiving.

They've just beaten England as well.

Anyone have a good reason why England did go for the posts then?

Yeah I just saw the replay! Almost thought they were going to get pipped right at the end. Go Portugal!

Wellington Lions | Wellington Hurricanes | All Blacks | 'Ikale Tahi & now England!

Well, our Canadian fans can be really pleased with what they saw on the first day! I don't know if there are any Portuguese here, but I like this country very much, so I can fill this place if necessary ;) Actually been impressed with Portugal's play last year when they won their promotion to the regular status and I support their team. Not to the point of supporting them against the All Blacks though, sorry. So we've got two new regular teams in the quarters, awesome! Anyway, bring on the NZ-Fiji final again, we should be able to watch games between these two best teams as often as possible!

Last edited:
Well, our Canadian fans can be really pleased with what they saw on the first day! I don't know if there are any Portuguese here, but I like this country very much, so I can fill this place if necessary ;) Actually been impressed with Portugal's play last year when they won their promotion to the regular status and I support their team. Not to the point of supporting them against the All Blacks though, sorry. So we've got two new regular teams in the quarters, awesome! Anyway, bring on the NZ-Fiji final again, we should be able to watch games between these two best teams as often as possible!

I've been impressed with the play of all three promoted sides(though Canada did finish higher than some core teams last season) I was a little worried about how Spain and Portugal would compete but they have more than held their own. Could be a real battle to stay up for next season which is exciting. Hopefully the invited teams can perform well, Tonga are decent but aside from that I'm worried the 16th team could be a non factor in most tournaments.

USA just got off their winless streak, with a close win over Spain in one of the consolation tournaments. And they play the winner of Russia v South Africa in a few hours (Russia has a 2 pt. lead in that one in the first half.)

USA just got off their winless streak, with a close win over Spain in one of the consolation tournaments. And they play the winner of Russia v South Africa in a few hours (Russia has a 2 pt. lead in that one in the first half.)

Once again the USA are shaky in a second half and nearly give another game away. Guarantees us at least 5 pts for the tournament. Good to see them start a day with a win though, been awhile since I recall them winning the first game on the second day. Hopefully it continues!

Does Zack Test play XV as well? How does / would he fare at that?

South Africa just reached bowl final by defeating USA 4 tries to 2...

Latest posts