• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dwayne Chambers for Castleford?

Why cant they trial him by letting him play in a local club team rather than the big stage? thats the thing about high profile people. Just like the League boys, straight in the starting line up at the Waratahs lol

If he cant get a chance at a sport so paranoid about its image that it wont give him a second chance why not?.I hope that he gets a decent chance because he will have to learn the basics etc and that will take time.A person who can run 100m sub-10 is no slouch under any conditions so i dont think that will be a chance.

I hope that he and the club are serious because this is taking away a chance for a serious RL player to step up.

I'm willing to bet he won't even play a single game personally Aspect.

Chambers will play !!!

At the Sea Devils he was 4th string Wide Reciver! Whatever the coach said was ********, because Inside Sport did a interview with him and he even admitted along with is coach that he could not catch a nfl ball correctly! However catching this type of ball carries a certain technique that a rugby ball does not need!

Chambers has a pretty strong build for a runner so people saying hes going to get hit and not get back up is a bit harsh in my opinion! Chambers could be a good find for the side.

Chambers will play !!!

At the Sea Devils he was 4th string Wide Reciver! Whatever the coach said was ********, because Inside Sport did a interview with him and he even admitted along with is coach that he could not catch a nfl ball correctly! However catching this type of ball carries a certain technique that a rugby ball does not need!

Chambers has a pretty strong build for a runner so people saying hes going to get hit and not get back up is a bit harsh in my opinion! Chambers could be a good find for the side. [/b]

If he tries to play rugby league he will get dominated. Fact.

<div class='quotemain'> Chambers will play !!!

Chambers has a pretty strong build for a runner so people saying hes going to get hit and not get back up is a bit harsh in my opinion! Chambers could be a good find for the side. [/b]

If he tries to play rugby league he will get dominated. Fact.

[/b][/quote]

What fact? He aint even had a game and people are writting him off! How can you say he will get dominated until he plays? He might well get dominated but its not a fact !!!

I think it's a little offensive to Rugby League that he gets given the chance to play.
Steveo was saying the other night that he's fast and he's got the build for the sport. Yeah, but he's a freaking nancy boy who's built all his strength in the gym. He hasn't been out on the field slugging it out for 80 minutes, he hasn't been taking contact training sessions reguarly, he hasn't had the pressure of some of hte top league players in the world sending a high ball his way and let him deal with it whilst some mean machine absolutely munches him.
Think about how many people can actually cope with a contact sport on a regular basis. A lot of people don't make it pro becuase their bodies cannot cope with it. Also you have to be very lucky with injury so as not to leave the sport early.
Something tells me dwayne isn't conditioned for this sport.
He will not be match fit when he enters the field, so when he's that little bit tired, his performance will drop and he'll be easy pickings.

I think it's a little offensive to Rugby League that he gets given the chance to play.
Steveo was saying the other night that he's fast and he's got the build for the sport. Yeah, but he's a freaking nancy boy who's built all his strength in the gym. He hasn't been out on the field slugging it out for 80 minutes, he hasn't been taking contact training sessions reguarly, he hasn't had the pressure of some of hte top league players in the world sending a high ball his way and let him deal with it whilst some mean machine absolutely munches him.
Think about how many people can actually cope with a contact sport on a regular basis. A lot of people don't make it pro becuase their bodies cannot cope with it. Also you have to be very lucky with injury so as not to leave the sport early.
Something tells me dwayne isn't conditioned for this sport.
He will not be match fit when he enters the field, so when he's that little bit tired, his performance will drop and he'll be easy pickings.

[/b]

Yes that may all well be but Chambers has been a biggish lad all his life, I have it on good authority that this is ture! From a former coach of his that Dwayne has been a big build athlete!

Whether he is a nacy boy, time will tell that!

If he plays one game I will be stunned.

If he plays five games you'll need to shut my mouth for me.

If he plays on the wing against Meli at least he won't be the worst winger on the pitch :p

What'll make me really giggle is when he gets bogged down on a heavy pitch and gets skinned by anyone used to running on slippery surfaces.

I heard a brief clip of his interview today and i heard him admit that he doesn't know much about rugby league, and then he goes on to say (and i'm paraphrasing here, but he said something very similar to this), Instead of running forwards, I'll be required to run left and right as well.

Someone, please give the man a clue.
[/b]
He's probably ace at dry humping.

Castleford need to get over 12000 in their ground, Chambers will play I think, with Castleford hoping he boosts attendances. I hope he does well though.

CHAMBERS APPEARANCE CONFIRMED

The Tigers are now able to confirm the appearance of Dwain Chambers in Sundays's Reserve Grade friendly after he was today included in the 17.
Subject of course to his not suffering any routine injuries between now and Sunday, Dwain will make his first appearance for the Tigers against York City Knights, and in turn (we understand) become the fastest man to have played the game.
The game kicks off at 3.00 and we are charging the regular Reserve Grade admission fee of £3 adults/£1.50 concessions. As a shared gate it will be an all-pay game

in turn (we understand) become the fastest man to have played the game.[/b]

Assuming he can sprint with a ball in hand, wearing studs, on grass.

9 seconds? Doubt it.

could be quite interesting...

hopefully some of this game winds up on youtube or sky's website or something

might get tasty out there with some of the more experienced RL players giving Dwain a welcome!

Latest posts