• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dwayne Chambers for Castleford?

I give it approximately 37 seconds before the RFU and Saracens offer him a deal to become the new savior of English Rugby Union.

SAVE_US.DWAYNE [/b]

To much wrestling :p

I dont think he honestly now can cut it! Hes 30 and requires 6 months of reserve rugby, then a full preseason and then needs to mentally toughen up to take tackles which he wont!

No chance that's what ya got!

who in their right mind in professional rugby league would offer him a deal at this point?

what a burden to get him fit and ready...he'd be more useful to a club if they just have him run sprint demonstrations at halftime :lol:

I reckon a side below the Super League will pick him up ... but why would he bother, he wants to do this full time but no one wants him!

I heard a rumour he was looking to join Bradford. Apparently his agent is full of bull.

let's be realistic...he could maybe be a super-sub for a national league 3 reserve grade game at this point...

he wouldn't survive a practice session with the bulls, who play a very defined smash and hit-up game...

he'd be better off trying his hand at gridiron again....short sprint and catch at WR and then he can go for a rest...his lack of endurance wouldn't be significantly tested.

let's be realistic...he could maybe be a super-sub for a national league 3 reserve grade game at this point...

he wouldn't survive a practice session with the bulls, who play a very defined smash and hit-up game...

he'd be better off trying his hand at gridiron again....short sprint and catch at WR and then he can go for a rest...his lack of endurance wouldn't be significantly tested. [/b]

The only problem with him going back to gridiron is that he is to old. At 30 he really only has 3-4 years years left in his career and I doubt a NFL side would take him. He would have to really wait for the NFL combine before making the grade. Also his catching is very poor and when he was with the Hamburg Sea Devils the coach commented that his handling was of a poor nature.

Also with NFL Europe closed it will be hard for Chambers to improve on it quickly!

I wasn't really thinking NFL - more like CFL or Arena Football or the German Football League...lol

Latest posts