• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

E3 2006, What are you looking forward to?

So they are targeting kids under seven or something? I would think that size aside, kids would be the ones to sruggle more with the controllers?

Originally posted by CeeJay@May 17 2006, 05:34 PM
So they are targeting kids under seven or something? I would think that size aside, kids would be the ones to sruggle more with the controllers?
coz kids can use the Wii with ease in comparison to 360 and ps3 my take on the sitch is that they will make more game for kids than anyone else

ie nothing has changed :bleh!:

wow heaps of kids gonna be naggin their parents for a Wii..

ima get mahself a ps3 then ima wait for a rugby game!!

in that time...ill play my ps2 game collections..with no loading and a wacky framerate!

Ima get a Wii... Undoubtedly they will be a lot cheaper than a PS3, and GTA is coming out on Xbox as well as a whole load of cool 360 exclusives that I'm interested, I may skip out on the PS3 for quite some time...

Originally posted by kinkon89@May 17 2006, 06:17 AM
wow heaps of kids gonna be naggin their parents for a Wii..
I can hear it now,

(Mother & Son out shopping)

Kid: Mum, I want a wii
Mum: Can't you wait until we get home?
Kid: No mum you don't understand, I WAN'T A WII!!!
Mum: Jesus f***ing Christ, wait until we get in the house. You should of gone before we left.
Kid: :wah: :wah:

Yeah!! Stupid f**kers didnt think of that one did hey!

Thats the best wii joke so far, and its funny coz its true!

well i am a bit slow, i downloaded the halo3 trailor last week and have only got around to watching it now, it looks wicked.

looks like a movie, hopefully the gameplay will be good.

if i get a 360 ill get it :D

wii has good potential I think I will defintely consider getting one when they come out. the price is also a winner proabbly going to be way cheaper than the ps3 and proabbly x-360 as well maybe. wii sports has me hooked on a wii.

also games like madden and red steel are coming out on the wii hardly kids games.

I duno about the Wii. The level of games that will be made to go with this console is the biggest problem. I hope it wont be another game cube, but unless im proven otherwise it wont be going anywhere near my bank account!

Madden is a game for all ages, its hardly an "Adult" game, I first played it when I was 6 back in the megadrive days.

How many of the games like NFL and Call of duty and such will be using the new controller technology?

Originally posted by gjohn85+May 15 2006, 03:41 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@May 14 2006, 12:38 PM
What happened to that game for the PS3 at e3 last year? I can't remember what it was called but it had the most impressive video. It seemed like a war game but set in the future.
Are you stoned again, Wally?

Nope can't remember that game Wally. [/b]
It was Killzone 2.

Originally posted by Ripper@May 19 2006, 11:25 AM
Madden is a game for all ages, its hardly an "Adult" game, I first played it when I was 6 back in the megadrive days.
well there really is no adult game then because there are kids that play gta at 7 years old etc.

and i somehow doubt a 6 year old would understand all the stratetgy etc that is possible in a game like madden or even understand fully how the franchise/career mode works.

Originally posted by esoj+May 19 2006, 02:31 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@May 19 2006, 11:25 AM
well there really is no adult game then because there are kids that play gta at 7 years old etc.

and i somehow doubt a 6 year old would understand all the stratetgy etc that is possible in a game like madden or even understand fully how the franchise/career mode works. [/b]
Keep in mind Madden has evolved like no other game

Like Ripper - I too got my first taste of Madden on the Megadrive

Had alot of fun.........i played every edition since

If I was 10 again and loaded up Madden 2006...........i'd still be able to play it, but wont understand all the extra intricacies within NFL, that can be morphed onto a video game today.

Even now i hardley use all the extra things like double coverage, bump n run etc

I just kick-off, and play as per the play-call...........which i guess is why everyones beating me now, when 10 yrs ago, nobody could stop me.

I cant wait for the next Madden...........360, franchise, mini games - its time to taste the fruits!!!!

Still hanging for a rugby or cricket release on next gen!!!
And what did codemasters do @ E3...........i havent heard an iota of info from them :wall:

ah yeah fair enough ak mate well put.

codemasters I hear are making a new brian lara game as for rugby don't know codemasters are up to.

on other codemasters news they are making a new sensible soccer game and micro machines.

I hate it how everybody insists on making the darks very dark and the brights very bright in their visuals these days... Looked cool in Doom3, doesn't in a freaking soccer game[/b]

Damn straight, the likes of Nintendo should be applauded for sticking to their guns and trying to evolve the EXPERIENCE of game playing, even if the ideas in the game are tried and tested.
The best games play well because of the mechanics of the design and player interaction, not becuase the characters look like they are really sweating while running around.
Mario Galaxies looks fantastic, I bet the play mechanics will be more hardcore than those in Gears Of War (which got my vote for 2nd best game of the show).

My brains switches off after seeing another future war fps set in some dystopia to be honest.
Us developers are guilty as hell for sticking with these cliches but to be fair, the money men who fund these games want to see something which is a safe bet. Its a double edged sword... it would be great to see more ICO's or Beyond Good and Evil being made, but until those kind of games start shifting serious numbers they will always be on the fringe.

Latest posts