• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

E3 2011 Coverage : Rugby World Cup 2011

He must have been impressed, like I said those screens musn't give us the full picture but I was also sceptical about some of these 'new features' that are already on Rugby 08, oh and the fact he said 'As a result, 505 Games have created one of the best HD, current gen rugby games around.' ...I didn't realise there were many other current gen rugby games around?

But all in all exciting stuff.

It's not like the very few people who've played Rugby Challenge were any more informative for having played it.

and lets not drag this one down into a SIDHE/HB comparrison eh? :)

Last edited:
I hope in tour mode your players can trip over in the street whilst drunk, get themselves injured and then make up stories to try and find their way out of it. That would be a nice touch.

Or get ****** and wake up in a randomers wardrobe in a hostel at 5 in the morning

yeh I like this too, though I would have liked to see a career type set up. where you start by making a summer tour, then the november internationals, then the six nations, warm up matches and finally...the world cup! the groups decided by placing in six nations etc. but thats just me

after readin that i pre ordered it only 78 i think days to go :)

Yeah, but this wasn't about RC. People got excited... and those who write articles are full of hot air. :)

yeah i know that each article is gonna be biased, its the same with the NZ review of RC. But it just makes the games sound awesome which is great! feels me with confidence again that this game is great, one interesting thing he raises is that they are still busy in the development stage so theres alot of progress still to be made. Just want sidhe to give a release date so i know when we can start playing rugby on the next gen.

Very excited after reading that. Wonder what he means exactly where he says that you'll need to practise at first just to hang on to the ball. More dynamic rucking? Perhaps a bit more skill involved in passing? Extra screenshot too which looks quite tidy.
An online world cup mode like Fifa World cup would be awesome- brilliant game mode.

Makes for some great reading...

Once we had run over the modes, I was taken right into the action and was truly lost for words. Graphically the game looks sharp and while I can't really say a lot on this topic given the game is still in development, what I can say is that 505 Games have reached a point where any rugby fan would be happy with. But they want to take it to this game to the next level and if the current quality is anything to go by, this game is going to knock the proverbial socks off any fan doubting 505.
Hmm. So graphics are up to par... All right..

Now we have 2 great rugby games coming out... Lovely.

I just read an article that had this pic. I hadn't seen it previously so i thought i'd chuck it up here...

R11_E3_2011_003.jpg

There are a whole lot of promising tidbits in that article, but one line was puzzling:

Place Kick Shootout is the mode fans have been asking for.

Place kicking in any game (Rugby, League, Madden etc) is bloody boring.. I would figure that a place kicking shootout would be an easier game type to code out, but packaging it as "what the fans have been asking for" seems a bit off the mark.

Well if those graphics amazed him anything in regards to gameplay must have been impressive. So this article doesnt mean much. The article on rugbychallenge got me to appreciate sidhes effort alot more. Seems all the effort Sidhe put into going to sevens matches to record crowds, going down to Sky to get presentation tips, and attending Rugby practice paid off. I had doubts after Sidhes RL efforts, but they have shown passion for your product pays off.

HB and 505 having no real rugby games to attend (like sidhe at the wellington 7s and ITM cup for crowd recording and presentation) no real teams to work with (Jonah Lomu and The All Blacks for mo-cap) are at a disadvantage, but I cant help but I feel this game has been rushed with the game ***le changing mid way through production and graphics well below what HB is capable off.

Heres hoping both ***les do well and we get Rugby ***les released on a more regular basis.

Hmmm... I don't really know what to take from the article - while the guy is enthusiastic, it seems he's a bit misguided.

A number of the 'new' features he's listed have been around for a while - shoulder charging, fend offs and the like.

He also says it's the best looking current generation rugby game, though of course it is the only current gen rugby game at the moment, so I'm not really sure what this means.

Obviously the graphics are better than most have assumed, but other than that it doesn't sound like there are too many improvements.

The fact that he is misguided about a number of things makes me worry he hasn't actually played rugby games much, if at all, in which case I'm also unsure about the difficulty of the game.

All in all, the article doesn't make the game sound any worse, but I'm not sure if it makes it sound hugely better than what we've seen/heard so far.

Yeah I doubt the bloke who wrote this article has actually played a Rugby video game before!

I'm not going to get too excited (about either game) until I read an objective, unbiased preview by someone who's had hands-on time with the game.

Latest posts