TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Okay, so I guess all of us gamers are looking forward to hear and see what's going to happen at this year's E3 Conference that happens in a month's time.

So let's discuss everything regarding E3 right here.

I'm most looking forward to what Rockstar games will present, and I hope that it will be Red Dead Redemption 2.

For more info on E3, here's a link to their official page.
https://www.e3expo.com/

Okay, so I guess all of us gamers are looking forward to hear and see what's going to happen at this year's E3 Conference that happens in a month's time.

So let's discuss everything regarding E3 right here.

I'm most looking forward to what Rockstar games will present, and I hope that it will be Red Dead Redemption 2.

For more info on E3, here's a link to their official page.
https://www.e3expo.com/

Red Dead 2? Yes please!

But will it be a continuation with the character the first game finished with? (no spoilers)

I'd hope it was completely new, like the previous red dead games.
Really hope there is one announced, though, RDR is probably my favourite game of all time

Rumours are that it is a prequel. Same character, different area. You guys know the map leaked last month, right?
https://www.vg247.com/2016/04/18/red-dead-redemption-2-leaked-map-appears-to-be-genuine/

- - - Updated - - -

Heineken, are you a console gamer or do you play on pc?

I'm a bit of both. But I'm very specific in what I play.

On PS4 I play Assassin's Creed, Fifa, Mortal Kombat, Shadow of Mordor and Sleeping Dogs & GTA
On PC is play Simcity and Civilization as well as Command & Conquer.

I can't play FPS. I have a medical condition where the movement makes me vomit.

I'm a bit of both. But I'm very specific in what I play.

On PS4 I play Assassin's Creed, Fifa, Mortal Kombat, Shadow of Mordor and Sleeping Dogs & GTA
On PC is play Simcity and Civilization as well as Command & Conquer.

I can't play FPS. I have a medical condition where the movement makes me vomit.

Ah okay so by the sounds of things you generally stick to the single player games. I guess you won't be able to play many VR games then either?

This is me:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/peppokai/
I'm a pc gamer, I'm not very discriminate when it comes to genres.

Have been reading reports that the next generation consoles will be announced at E3: PS4k (Neo), XBox (Scorpion) next Nintendo console.

Not sure if next gen is right wording if their specs are true.

More performance buff on the current gen.

(Not including Nintendo in this)

Ok next half gen. But I think we'll see more upgrades of consoles every 2-3 years from Sony and MS to try and keep pace with technological advances.

Nintendo need a big one next gen or they'll go the way of Sega and just make games.

Steep is the Winter sports game i have been waiting for since SSX.

Get on that Beta list boys.

http://steep.ubisoft.com/game/en-GB/home/

Also South Park Game looks fun, loved stick of truth.

For honor looks sick, but i have doubts over Ubi on this.

Also pretty happy, about the mutliplay thing with Xbox games and windows 10, Forza!!!

Last edited:
Sony with some heavy hitters.

My Wallet is in tears TBH.

Can't wait for
Horizon Zero Dawn (Might even be sad enough to by the collectors edition)
Battlefield 1
Spiderman
GoW
TLG
Days Gone
Detroit (I liked heavy rain)
South Park fractured But Whole
Steep
For Honor
Forza (Windows 10)

On fence about
Death stranded
Infinity Warefare (Looked better)

Heard there's a remastered Skyrim for PS4 and Xbox coming out with mod support and everything.

Looks very pretty tbf, decent boost to graphics!

also released it on PC which seems pretty pointless TBH given all the mods for it already.

My thinking is it's a goodwill thing, and it does allow for more modding as it is a 64 but version. Also those on pc who already own all skyrim stuff (the game and expansions is what is assumed stuff means) get the new one for free.

Last edited:
Steep looks sick!
I've not been following E3 properly, just seeing the occasional game on Reddit/social media, but everything I've seen so far looks quality.
Looking forward to seeing how the Spiderman game goes, hopefully it's got proper web swinging (as in it connects to the buildings/lamp posts and uses momentum) like in some of the older games.

So hyped for Crash Bandicoot as well.

Usual suspects for me. Fifa gets an NBA 2K style story mode which could be interesting. Madden gets a much needed refresh, new commentary team, like the "be the moment" style gameplay where instead of playing every down you control the "big" moments. Halo Wars, Forza Horizon 3, ***anfall 2 is interesting, can it be the game the first one should have been.

The growth of VR is a fascinating aspect, as the tech grows more developers will use it. The fact Sony and Microsoft will be using it strongly in the next year to 18 months could take it to the next level.

No KOTOR remake announced yet. BOOOO

Here are the games that tickled my fancy:

For Honor
Watchdogs 2
Fifa 17
Madden 17
Civilization VI
Injustice 2
Tekken 7
Mafia 3

I'll be honest, nothing this E3 has really blown me away. I only have a pc so Nintendo doesn't really interest me and the biggest news out of the Xbox consoles was two new consoles in a period of between 12-18 months. Sony had loads of games but at this point I don't really know which ones will make it to pc, but nothing really made me feel like I was missing much anyway. Steep looked interesting and a new spiderman that is good would be nice (but that looks like an exclusive lockdown). Watch Dogs 2 looks pretty and I like the idea of San Francisco, but I'm a bit tired of city open world games. I was hoping for something more from Bethesda.

My only real hope for being excited by this years E3 is if the surprise x-box game on the last day is RDR2 and that it goes with windows. Otherwise my highlight for this E3 is watching Funhaus getting absolutely smashed with an E3 drinking game on their stream.

Edit: I just remembered that I liked the look of We happy few and Mount and Blade Bannerlord looks good (but no release date still).

Last edited:

Latest posts