• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Sports has Rugby now on Website in US

yep seeing it udner construction a few days ago made me and captainamerica very happy!

i am most pleased. unless that release dates just for the US?

uk release is the 10th I believe. that feb 14th date is just for the US. aus/nz is 23rd feb

unfortunate that they've added diddly squat regarding content.

yes, yes i did expect something more.

<

if its an american site...why do they have irish players only on their cover?

Because alot of Americans have Irish Heritage, and theres more chance of name recognation.

Yeah - see the movie Gangs of New York - good movie. Tells the story of the Irish migrating to a sprawling NYC. Has Daniel Day-Lewis, Cameron Diaz and Leonardo Di Caprio. I think the American accent has a part in the irish migrating....i may be wrong.

ahhhh but its america!!

they should put american players on...not irish players..

yeh guys like...ummm...and ....uhhh...and....that blonde dude...the black dude whos really fast?..i think...?...correct me if im right..uhhhh..
and....NOBODY

shud be an international cover for the countries that are not too familiar with rugby...surely joe rokocoko and jonny wilkenson are more famous and proberly more appealin to the ladies..then there own players

i can only name that hercus guy..hes pretty impressive the fly half for america whos an aussie...hes a class player..cant name the rest but i reckon they shouldve gone for an international cover for these places that are gud markets but not really keen on the sport..i dunno i see it as appealing if they had 3guys on the cover with 3different jerseys from different countries under the ea banner....wud be more appealing than a bland one colour one...

Originally posted by maddog79@Feb 5 2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah - see the movie Gangs of New York - good movie. Tells the story of the Irish migrating to a sprawling NYC. Has Daniel Day-Lewis, Cameron Diaz and Leonardo Di Caprio. I think the American accent has a part in the irish migrating....i may be wrong.
You are pretty spot on with that one bro.

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 5 2006, 10:03 PM
ahhhh but its america!!

they should put american players on...not irish players..
It wouldn't make a rats arse in difference, someone known thats American like David Fee still would not be recognized as Rugby still isn't that big on a national scale here in America.

I like the move to put Irish on the cover. If it were up to me they would have to put an All Black on the cover, but hey thats just me.
<

yea america is ridiculous with irish

every person is irish

asian irish, black irish, mexican irish
they all want to believe they are

i am over 50%

uhhhhh man...dont u guys feel a bit disturbed about having another nation on your national cover!?!?...

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 6 2006, 04:32 PM
uhhhhh man...dont u guys feel a bit disturbed about having another nation on your national cover!?!?...
i really couldn't care either way
<

Would be nice to see an Americas version of the cover maybe have Mike Hercus, Morgan Williams, Felipe Contepomi on the cover.

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 6 2006, 04:32 PM
nah, i could see a US cover, but ireland and the US are my two favorite national teams, and i follow ireland a lot more than the US, because the US do not play to many tests, and ireland is in the six nations and autumn tests..when the churchill cup rolls around is when i usualy follow the US more