• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EA Supa Rugby

M

Mr. Laxative

This thought has been burning for months.
EA Supa Rugby:
All normal modes + Street mode and a new life mode*
New tournies including a world cup qualification
All licences
More stadiums
A Madden like Create-a-Player
etc.

*Life Mode. Create a player and his club. Get put into a World League with pre-created clubs which u must complete before advancing. Advance your way up the rankings and have contract discussions with overseas or interstate teams that r interested. Play through all tournies possible for player's nationality. Control coaches and select teams for all tournies. Control your player's life outside rugby and work out his career. Obsticals await.

Please tell me if u think this is good enough. Maybe add some more suggestions as well.

Originally posted by Jacko@Apr 9 2005, 02:49 AM
EA Supa Rugby:
All licences
More stadiums
etc.

*Life Mode. Create a player and his club. Get put into a World League with pre-created clubs which u must complete before advancing. Advance your way up the rankings and have contract discussions with overseas or interstate teams that r interested. Play through all tournies possible for player's nationality. Control coaches and select teams for all tournies. Control your player's life outside rugby and work out his career. Obsticals await.

Please tell me if u think this is good enough. Maybe add some more suggestions as well.
Wow. I don't get it.

Soz mate.

Baically with Life Mode (better name maybe?) u create a player and his club. You compete against other pre-created clubs to get recognition. Completing this on top is one way to finish World League. Anyway once signed on to a ZP or S12 team u go from there. Controlling the team, struggling with form and controlling this players career and businesses. Get recognition for a test side and ultimately help your nation win the World Cup.

Don't think i can get much more explicit.

Originally posted by Wally+Apr 9 2005, 02:54 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Apr 9 2005, 02:54 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jacko
@Apr 9 2005, 02:49 AM
EA Supa Rugby:
All licences
More stadiums
etc.

Wow. I don't get it. [/b]
ROFL!!!

lol
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
.......me 2
<

Originally posted by Jacko@Apr 9 2005, 02:59 AM
Soz mate.

Baically with Life Mode (better name maybe?) u create a player and his club. You compete against other pre-created clubs to get recognition. Completing this on top is one way to finish World League. Anyway once signed on to a ZP or S12 team u go from there. Controlling the team, struggling with form and controlling this players career and businesses. Get recognition for a test side and ultimately help your nation win the World Cup.

Don't think i can get much more explicit.
I still don't get it
<

Personally I like just playing the game. And I don't know how much appeal "Street Rugby" would have. A franchise mode with signings could be a possibility, but that essentially is the world mode.

Hopefully EA will concentrate on improving the already great gameplay rather than coming up with new and different competitions. The real ones that exist are more than good enough.

lol I understand it I think anyway, u basically create a player and create a team which is a lower league team and you play controlling your players team against other fictional teams the player you created at first is then recognised by a ZP or a NPC side etc and you sign a contract with and then have control of that team that signed you. You then get recognized by the country of your players chosen nationality and you also have to balance your life outside of rugby too as in if you have a really bad week and make bad decisions and stuff your performance on the pitch wont be as good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
life outside rugby[/b]

Does that mean I have to collect the kids after school and make the dinner too? Sounds like The Sims to me...
<

I think EA should probably stick to the rugby, rather than a sports life management game hybrid thing........

Could we give our 'player' some REAL messed up problems like real pros? Get about 2 families goin, 14 illegitimate kids... 3 mistresses... a gambling addiction and a huge crew.

Gotta manage all that and play the game... eesh... how do NBA players do it?

Originally posted by cavan@Apr 9 2005, 04:12 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
life outside rugby

Does that mean I have to collect the kids after school and make the dinner too? Sounds like The Sims to me...
<
[/b][/quote]
Nah, mate. I mean like business off the field.

A good franchise mode, with real contracts(no trade points), ageing players and new rookies every year is all I want. If you want to include off feild bnusiness then the only thing there is really, is sponsorship deals, or the like, and this would involve your player making money, if he makes money he will have to spend it , so there will be some pointless crib or something, all a waste of time, l want to play rugby, manage a rugby team, and its coach and players, any thing else would be a pointless gimmick distracting developers from their task.

Read my above. Most players here in canberra have a/or work for a business outside the brumbies. I think if you control this it should influence the players performance. Now if a player takes bashing up taxi drivers as a career (H. Veratau) u may have to discuss release from club until this sorted out. Basically build skills and get recognition. Maybe have a career spanning from 10-15/20 years and once over start agin if wanted. This is pretty in-depth gameplay which is something i think '05 is lacking.

Could someone give suggestions for more modes or updates to the game. Maybe commentary ideas?

sorry, forgot to add, Street mode!!!....(Shudders) Jacko, are you one of EAs quick cash in minions? I can see you in their office going "and what about a unique and cool new street mode" and them going " yes, yes....I like were your going with this." and me going noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Just a solid franchise mode, like most other sports ***les, anthing extra and the devs will have to start cutting corners to get the game out on time, we dont need anymore rushed, and underdone rugby games. In a perfect world id like to see a sevens mode.

Screw this player manager thing, just have this thing where you have to start off as the coach of a lowly NPC, ZP e.t.c team, and you gotta work your way up. You get offers from others teams.

If you dont meet the expectations expected by the Fans and CEO you get your arsed fired e.t.c

Nice, clean, easy. ''No Fuss, No Muss''

Maybe have a thing similar to crib mode where the you have your own virtual office and as you get higher paychecks from higher teams you can upgrade it

Latest posts