• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Each countries greatest XV

Dan Rouse
Greg Smith
Deacon Manu
Ifi Rawaqa
Sekonaia Kalou :D
Dominiko Waqaniburotu - if he hadn't already played for fiji in 2009 it really wouldn't have surprised me if graham henry picked him in the ab's after his season in the 2010 ITM Cup
Akapusi Qera
Sisa Koyamaibole
Moses Rauluni
Seremaia Bai
Rupeni Caucau
Tabai Matson - legendary for canterbury, but sadly never got more than two games for fiji, not sure why, otherwise i'd go with Rabeni
Vili Satala
Vilimoni Delasau - his 15's career started off slow, imo he wasn't a good 15's player until 2007 where he suddenly became good, a shame he's chosen not to play in the 2011 world cup coz imo he's easily fiji's best winger right now
Alfred Uluinayau

Rouse never played after 2000

15. Glenn Metcalfe, the best of the "kilted Kiwis", a member of the 1999 5 nations winning side and I also remember him making a far better effort than Scotland's wingers in tackling Rupeni Caucaunibuca who was creating havoc in the 2003 World Cup against Scotland
14. Chris Paterson, unlucky not to go on the 2005 Lions tour, when he was younger he used to be a good attacking winger, however more recently he's become slow in attack but has made up for it by improving his kicking to be one of the most accurate kickers and is also a good defender
13. Max Evans, I can't believe how poor the quality of Scotland's centres have been since 2000, ideally I wouldn't choose somebody who has merely 19 caps half of which came from the wing, but previous wearers of this jersey include the likes of ... Andy Craig, Nick de Luca, Marcus di Rollo and James McLaren, even Joe Ansbro with 6 caps has already done more in the dark blue jersey than those names
12. John Leslie, it's the same at inside centre, other options include Andrew Henderson, Graeme Morrison and Rob Dewey, all awful, Leslie wasn't great but did okay, and was an H Cup winner, interestingly no Scottish outside back has made one of the last three Lions tours
11. Kenny Logan, a tight decision here between Sean Lamont who I considered but he's simply not a good finisher, Thom Evans was the best but did not play long enough to prove it, so I selected Logan who although not great was solid enough and overall in his career is probably better than Lamont
10. Gregor Townsend, a good player, the mastermind of the 1999 5 nations win and 1997 Lions tour winner, was highly rated by England captain Martin Johnson who said he was disappointed that he wasn't selected for the 2001 Lions tour
9. Mike Blair, Scotland's best position, Gary Armstrong retired from Scotland in 1999 so isn't considered, Bryan Redpath and Chris Cusiter are probably as good, but Blair is selected for his 2007-2009 form, until he went downhill from the 2009 Lions tour
1. Tom Smith, a two time Lions tourist, he was the reason Scotland got through to the quarter finals of the 2003 World Cup due to him getting penalties at scrum time against the Fiji front row
2. Gordon Bulloch, a good servant for Scotland, retired at 30 which was too early in my opinion, he could have made the 2007 World Cup, Ross Ford's stock is also rising currently
3. Euan Murray, the only Scottish tighthead to make a Lions tour, he has harmed his career due to his refusal to play on Sundays but there are no other options here really
4. Nathan Hines, I could have opted for Doddie Weir or Stuart Grimes but Nathan Hines who is going through a late resurgence in his career and is now an H Cup, Top 14 winner and a Lions tourist all after his 30th birthday, his physicality complements Murray's lineout skills
5. Scott Murray, a former Scottish basketball player, the second most capped Scottish player ever behind Paterson, still around playing for Castres and could have done a job for Scotland for a couple more years but has been pushed out due to Scotland's strength at lock
6. Jason White, between 2005 and 2007 he was Scotland's talisman, and a brick wall in defense, a key member of of the side Sale had when they were good, but nowadays due to injury and the strength in Scotland's back row he has disappeared from the radar
7. John Barclay, a tight decision him and Budge Pountney but Barclay edges due to Pountney turning his back on Scotland after just 31 caps at a time Scotland needed him, Barclay's career should still go upwards and he is in my opinion the best seven in the British Isles currently
8. Simon Taylor, Simon Taylor never achieved up to the potential he had, but still is a two time Lions tourist, he has the potential to Scotland's Parisse but just simply never lived up to it, he has now been forgotten about after retiring from international rugby despite some good reports on his form at Bath

My Fiji Team:

1. Graeme Dewes
2. Greg Smith
3 . Deacon Manu
4. Kele Leawere
5. Apisai Naevo
6. Koli Sewabu
7. Akapusi Qera
8. Sisa Koyamaibole
9. Mosese Rauluni
10. Seremaia Bai
11. Rupeni Caucau
12. Seru Rabeni
13. Aisea Tuilevu
14. Vereniki Goneva
15. Norman Ligairi

My Fiji Team:

1. Graeme Dewes
2. Greg Smith
3 . Deacon Manu
4. Kele Leawere
5. Apisai Naevo
6. Koli Sewabu
7. Akapusi Qera
8. Sisa Koyamaibole
9. Mosese Rauluni
10. Seremaia Bai
11. Rupeni Caucau
12. Seru Rabeni
13. Aisea Tuilevu
14. Vereniki Goneva
15. Norman Ligairi

Graham Dewes Fijis greatest ever loosehead? How bad are Fijian props?

Graham Dewes Fijis greatest ever loosehead? How bad are Fijian props?

You obviously havent been watching a lot of Fiji's game have you??? and besides, this is a team picked from players who have played for Fiji from 2000 till to date.

Richard Harry
Jeremy Paul
Patricio Noriega
Dan Vickerman
John Eales
Owen Finegan
George Smith
Toutai Kefu

George Gregan
Stephan Larkham
Joe Roff
Tim Horan
Dan Herbert
Andrew Walker
Matt Burke

My England team from 2000 to date would have to be

1 Jason Leonard
2 Steve Thompson
3 Phil Vickery
4 Martin Johnson
5 Courteney Lawes
6 Richard Hill
7 Neil Back
8 Martin Corry
9 Matt Dawson
10 Jonny Wilkinson
11 Chris Ashton
12 Mike Tindall
13 Will Greenwood
14 Jason Robinson
15 Ben Foden

Struggled a bit to stray from RWC 2003 winning team, but I think Lawes would have been awesome alongside Johnson and Foden & Ashton would have brought something special to a plodding back line! (That and Dallaglio would have been in if he had have quit a little earlier rather than getting picked on reputation for several years)

My England Team from 2000 to present (and year I beleive they were at their peak):

-1- Andrew Sheridan (2005)
-2-Steve Thompson (2003)
-3- Phil Vickery (2004)
-4- Martin Johnson (c)(-)
-5- Simon Shaw (Pretoria 2009 to be specific)
-6- Neil Back (2003)
-7- Richard Hill (-)
-8- Lawrence Dallaglio (2002-2003)
-9- Matt Dawson (2003)
-10- Jonny Wilkinson (Any world cup)
-11- Josh Lewsey (2003)
-12- Mike Catt (2001)
-13- Will Greenwood (2003)
-14- Jason Robinson (2003)
-15- Ben Foden (Present)

-16- Dylan Hartley (Present) < Strapped for decent Hookers
-17- Jason Leonard (2000) < can cover either side of the scrum
-18- Courtney Lawes (Present)
-19- Martin Corry (2006)
-20- Harry Ellis (2009)
-21- Toby Flood (Present)
-22- Riki Flutey (2009)

Quite difficult, especially in the backs to decide but that would be my team.

My Wallabies Team:

1. Benn Robinson
2. Brendan Cannon
3. Ben Alexander
4. Dan Vickerman
5. David Giffin
6. George Smith
7. David Pocock
8. Toutai Kefu
9. Will Genia
10. Stephen Larkham
11. Lote Tuqiri
12. Elton Flatley
13. Dan Herbert
14. Digby Ioane
15. Chris Latham

1.Rowntree
2.Thompson
3.Vickery
4.Johnson
5.Kay (more consistant at international level than Shaw and Englands best forward in the 2007 WC)
6.Hill
7.Back
8.Dallaglio
9.Dawson
10.Wilkinson
11.Luger
12.Catt
13.Greenwood
14.Robinson
15.Perry

Shame its after 2000 would have liked to have included the likes of Dooly, Teague and Richards but nevermind!

Woa woa woa, does Sheridan ring a bell?

Rouse never played after 2000

oh i didn't know it was from 2000 onwards, in that case i'd put Henry Qiodravu or Jone Railomo, not sure if they played loosehead though, i think Yalayalatabua is underrated too but since he's in the military or something he can't play in nz. i'll take out Uluinayau too since his best from was in the 90's, i'm not a fan of Ligairi at fullback i think he's better as a winger, but its between him and Ratuvou, i think Matavesi is the best but he hasn't played enough

Tonga

1 - Soane Tonga'uiha
2 - 'Aleki Lutui
3 - Alisona Taumalolo
4 - Steve Mafi
5 - Viliami Vaki
6 - Epeli Taione
7 - Nili Latu
8 - Finau Maka
9 - Taniela Moa
10 - Pierre Hola
11 - Viliami Iongi
12 - Suka Hufanga
13 - Siale Piutau
14 - Fetuu Vainikolo
15 - Vunga Lilo

My Fiji Team:

1. Graeme Dewes
2. Greg Smith
3 . Deacon Manu
4. Kele Leawere
5. Apisai Naevo
6. Koli Sewabu
7. Akapusi Qera
8. Sisa Koyamaibole
9. Mosese Rauluni
10. Seremaia Bai
11. Rupeni Caucau
12. Seru Rabeni
13. Aisea Tuilevu
14. Vereniki Goneva
15. Norman Ligairi

No Nicki Little ??

My England Team from 2000 to present (and year I beleive they were at their peak):

-1- Andrew Sheridan (2005)
-2-Steve Thompson (2003)
-3- Phil Vickery (2004)
-4- Martin Johnson (c)(-)
-5- Simon Shaw (Pretoria 2009 to be specific)
-6- Neil Back (2003)
-7- Richard Hill (-)
-8- Lawrence Dallaglio (2002-2003)
-9- Matt Dawson (2003)
-10- Jonny Wilkinson (Any world cup)
-11- Josh Lewsey (2003)
-12- Mike Catt (2001)
-13- Will Greenwood (2003)
-14- Jason Robinson (2003)
-15- Ben Foden (Present)

-16- Dylan Hartley (Present) < Strapped for decent Hookers
-17- Jason Leonard (2000) < can cover either side of the scrum
-18- Courtney Lawes (Present)
-19- Martin Corry (2006)
-20- Harry Ellis (2009)
-21- Toby Flood (Present)
-22- Riki Flutey (2009)

Quite difficult, especially in the backs to decide but that would be my team.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! no... Ellis? Flood? Foden? Hartley? Lawes? I'm not angry, just disapointed

Tallshort
5.Kay (more consistant at international level than Shaw and Englands best forward in the 2007 WC)

To be fair Shaw was never in competition with Kay, who was a loose head lock. Shaw was unfortunate that he was playing at the same as the best England tighthead lock in Johnno.

Johnno-Shaw would not have been a complimentary locking pair.

Latest posts