• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

EB games lie again

S

sanzar

I know most of you predicted this would happen, but I thought I'd post this anyway.
I preordered my copy a few weeks ago and they said they were pretty much certain it'd be out by the 10th... I rang up today and they say it's been delayed till the 17th... I know we all knew it would happen, but still.

Didn't everyone figure this out already? NZ and Aus release is 17th.
EB were beating the 10th horse even even thought it was never slated to be released in Aus and NZ until the 17th (unless you included that global release crap).

Everyone on here based in Aus says "don't trust EB".

Originally posted by lemon@Mar 10 2005, 11:04 AM
Everyone on here based in Aus says "don't trust EB".
Everybody everywhere says don't trust EB.

<

Jamie Gough

Everyone in the USA says, trust EB!!!!!!

Got mine when they said I would!!
<

True, Boltman, as did I, but...

well, I just said it in the PS2 in the USA thread -- I phoned a few other EB Games looking for early shipments and i got a few, "No idea, dude," and one, "I don't think the game's being released in this country."

Boltman, we might have lucked out and found the only two EB Games worth their salt in SoCal!

In the US it is gamestop that sucks......EB has always been reliable when I have used them.

yeah gameplanet i very good for anyone in nz and aus always bang on for release dates. The dispatch well as well like the day before release they send it out so you get it the next day. Central park aren't too bad in nz either. Eb though is completely crap for most things especailly pc games thier range in most stores sucks.

Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 10 2005, 10:53 AM
I know most of you predicted this would happen, but I thought I'd post this anyway.
I preordered my copy a few weeks ago and they said they were pretty much certain it'd be out by the 10th... I rang up today and they say it's been delayed till the 17th... I know we all knew it would happen, but still.
hey sanzar

being a chook, was this at EB bondi junction??

coz thats my local EB, and the people that work there are headf***ed

i cannot believe they had the nerve to say, "its been delayed till the 17th"

coz thats bullshit, it was never delayed

when i pick up my GT4 copy this arvo, i'll let em know it wasnt delayed, ur date of the 10th was horsecrap, and the 17th was always the official release date

Originally posted by ak47+Mar 10 2005, 12:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Mar 10 2005, 12:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Mar 10 2005, 10:53 AM
hey sanzar

when i pick up my GT4 copy this arvo, i'll let em know it wasnt delayed, ur date of the 10th was horsecrap, and the 17th was always the official release date [/b]
Nah, not anymore anyway, I live in the CBD now so my local EB is centerpoint. When I went there first they said "we're pretty much positive it'll come out on the 10th", then I called on monday and they said "Our computer says the 10th" and today they said "sorry but not till the 17th..."
Wankers...

Originally posted by sanzar+Mar 10 2005, 01:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Mar 10 2005, 01:00 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Mar 10 2005, 12:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Mar 10 2005, 10:53 AM

hey sanzar

when i pick up my GT4 copy this arvo, i'll let em know it wasnt delayed, ur date of the 10th was horsecrap, and the 17th was always the official release date
Nah, not anymore anyway, I live in the CBD now so my local EB is centerpoint. When I went there first they said "we're pretty much positive it'll come out on the 10th", then I called on monday and they said "Our computer says the 10th" and today they said "sorry but not till the 17th..."
Wankers... [/b]
At the preview they said the game will be released on the 17th of March. EB was bullshitting everyone. But i guess this happens when they get your hopes up.

I second (or third, or whatever) the positive thoughts for EB in the U.S. (Minnesota, specifically)---got my game today just like they said I would. I have never had a problem with release dates with my local EB, unlike my dealings with some of their competitors. #1 rule of retail: never overpromise and underdeliver when your customer can easily go to a competitor.

Enjoying the game so far; the tutorial was helpful for a noob like me. Seems like there's a fair amount of nuance in the game for better players.

Originally posted by chicago23@Mar 10 2005, 03:19 PM
I second (or third, or whatever) the positive thoughts for EB in the U.S. (Minnesota, specifically)---got my game today just like they said I would. I have never had a problem with release dates with my local EB, unlike my dealings with some of their competitors. #1 rule of retail: never overpromise and underdeliver when your customer can easily go to a competitor.

Enjoying the game so far; the tutorial was helpful for a noob like me. Seems like there's a fair amount of nuance in the game for better players.
It's good to hear they're reliable in the US... It's a shame they're totally f***en useless everywhere else they station themselves in the world though...

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 10 2005, 11:44 AM
True, Boltman, as did I, but...

well, I just said it in the PS2 in the USA thread -- I phoned a few other EB Games looking for early shipments and i got a few, "No idea, dude," and one, "I don't think the game's being released in this country."

Boltman, we might have lucked out and found the only two EB Games worth their salt in SoCal!
Very true Mate!!!

Very true indeed! Either way, props to us, and let us play on!!
<

Latest posts