• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eb Maddness

defintely is odd but its eb they are the retailers and no nothing. they are knowen for spouting crap all over the place. I am not really worried at all as the only real danger is a shipping problem to the stores and that happens vere rarely these days.

Yeah, and a shipping problem should result in a short delay, not one or two months.

yep shipping delay would be very short maybe a week possibly but not more than a month thas for sure

There still seems to be alot of speculation about a delay over at the RL2 forums. According to some members alot of u.k. and now aussie retailers have the game pushed back to the 17th, this seems a bit odd, although, mario and alan have assured people that short of a plane crash or somthing, that there will be no delay, but thats a small comfort after september. Anyway, I checked gamesman and its still the 8th. Does anyone know of what any other n.z. sites or retailers have the release date as? EB told me it will be delayed 2 months, but I think thats crap.

hope not gamestation still have it as dec 8th

if that is the case and it is out on the 8th everywhere except at EB ill just go to one of hte other places.

keep in mind EB's suppliers or distributers have resumes soaked in puss

every game that gets released, EB gets it last.

Target
Kmart
Websites - all get it earlier than EB

EB have the worst process of distribution

I never go there anymore and ask for anything

I go in and look at the shelf...walk out, and go to the internet cafe if I wanna know the truth.............

I goto EB because rarely... and I mean rarely they have the best price.

Dick Smith are usually the cheapest, and have a preety good track record, at least in NZ. Gameplanet also are preety good (just bought FM 2005 off them for 19.99 + 5 dollars p&h, most places have it full price still)

I avoid eb at all cost if i can help it. their games are generally over priced and their stock selection shocking. the only good thing i got from eb was half life 2 for $50 we they had a sale on. dse and gameplanet are aweseom. they always have good prices compared to the others. the gamesman gets a mention as well great staff there. this whole 17th december thing has been sparkd by knightsmania who is proabbly about to get banned from the sidhe forums.

I go to EB because pf there 7 day return policy. and Ive found both gamesman and EB to be equally useles with release dates. Ive pre ordered it with eb but if they dont hav it on the 8th ill go straight to gamesman, coz i know i wont return RL2.

Well, its started up again over at the RL2 forums, it seems that more amd more EBs are saying that the pc version is delayed til next year. The only difference is that this time mario and alan arent saying a word, peps at the RL2 forum think this is coz they are tired of repeating themselves, or could it be true this time! I would hav thought that we would be safe this close to release.

I didnt realise how many people seemed to hav ordered this for pc, I thought only the odd person would, but most seem to realise that the pc is the better version. If it gets delayed now sales will be crushed.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 2 2005, 08:31 AM
Well, its started up again over at the RL2 forums, it seems that more amd more EBs are saying that the pc version is delayed til next year. The only difference is that this time mario and alan arent saying a word, peps at the RL2 forum think this is coz they are tired of repeating themselves, or could it be true this time! I would hav thought that we would be safe this close to release.

I didnt realise how many people seemed to hav ordered this for pc, I thought only the odd person would, but most seem to realise that the pc is the better version. If it gets delayed now sales will be crushed.
so it can be modded and we all know this game will need a patch for one reason or another

Mario/Alan silent game is just another example of poor PR...even if they are tied of repeating themselves.........its their forum, they set it up........answer the bloody fans that put the dosh in ur families pocket.

I agree that they should answer, if they havent by the end of the working day today, then I will hav to start worrying about pc delay again.

well they should answer for sure but they do have lives you know and they could be extremely busy in the lead up to launch day. The forums yes are set up by Sidhe but that doesn't mean they have to answer every single question that people ask. Some developers that have forums do but other like ubisoft are basically non-exsistient. There is no delay at all and it is just eb being stupid.

Your probably right, but its always nice to get reassureance! Im sure they are busy, and that there will be no delay, as it will kill huge amoutsn of their pre-orders and sales. I still worry a little though, nothing is sacred in this industry and anything could happen yet.

yeah true I guess. it is interesting though how many people are actually getting on pc. I thought a lot more would be getting it on ps2 but it seems like there is a fair proportion on the sidhe forums and this forum that are getting it on pc

If the game is scheduled or release on thursday, then surely it has gone gold and is ready for shipping on monday. So a delay should be next to impossible, unless its already happened but been hushed.

Latest posts