• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eddie Jones furore .......

A guy who whimpered and moaned about being abused on public transport recently yet openly mocking the opposition countries or principalities, and the people in them. But of course he was in the safety and security of some kind of clubhouse or whatever when he made those 'jokes'.

You are drawing an equivalence, you talk about him 'whimpering and moaning' about the abuse he received, before immediately saying 'yet openly mocking'. What else are you doing? There was no need to make the link.

You could make a link between him saying players/ex players shouldn't make comments such as 'Everyone hates the English' and him making these comments and happily call him a hypocrite, but you always seem drawn back to almost mocking him for the abuse and intimidation he was on the end of.

I personally think his comments are stupid especially due to the position he is in. The Irish comment seemed more aimed in jest at the lad he was on stage with, who knows what else had been said throughout the night.

The Welsh comment was a little more barbed. Can understand why many feel offended, National pride and all that.

He shouldn't have said it, but he shouldn't lose his job over it.

Last edited:
You are drawing an equivalence, you talk about him 'whimpering and moaning' about the abuse he received, before immediately saying 'yet openly mocking'. What else are you doing? There was no need to make the link.

YES THERE WAS. IT WAS THE MOST RECENT ISSUE WITH EJ. AND IT WAS 'IRONIC' MORE THAN ANYTHING. BUT THE LINK IS THERE LIKE IT OR NOT. ITS ANOTHER EJ 'THING'.

You could make a link between him saying players/ex players shouldn't make comments such as 'Everyone hates the English' and him making these comments and happily call him a hypocrite, but you always seem drawn back to almost mocking him for the abuse and intimidation he was on the end of.

I ACTUALLY CONDEMNED THE ABUSE HE RECEIVED. I'M FED UP OF SAYING IT. AND ONE MUST REMEMBER, IF ONE MOCKS, THEN ONE MUST EXPECT TO BE MOCKED BACK.

I personally think his comments are stupid especially due to the position he is in. The Irish comment seemed more aimed in jest at the lad he was on stage with, who knows what else had been said throughout the night.

WELL INDEED. WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE WILL SHOW UP?

The Welsh comment was a little more barbed. Can understand why many feel offended, National pride and all that.

ITS NOT REALLY ABOUT NATIONAL PRIDE, ITS ABOUT A NASTY LITTLE MAN BEING RUDE, AND IN SOME PEOPLE'S EYES BEING RACIST.

He shouldn't have said it, but he shouldn't lose his job over it.

I'm not fussed about this at all and EJ is an interesting character and increasingly a patomime villain. Where I think he comes out worst is that just last week he got on his high horse (well maybe a Shetland pony in his case) and said that the likes of Berghan had to be careful what they said as they are public figures and it might create the environment for abuse (which I agree with).

Yet clearly he doesn't practice what he preaches. In his defence he will have "known his audience" in this case which mitigates the banter some extent as I doubt he has grown up with a genuine racist loathing of Celts (although understandably he couldn't find anything bad to say about Scots it seems :p )

It's not really a story. The comments make him look like a t*** but in the context of the event they're fine. It's not like nobody has ever said anything bad about England in Ireland or Wales.

It's not really a story. The comments make him look like a t*** but in the context of the event they're fine. It's not like nobody has ever said anything bad about England in Ireland or Wales.

Largely this is true, but then EJ uncomfortable trip on public transport was hardly headline stuff either. He should try the central line at rush hour - then he would know what verbal abuse and jostling was all about!

Its a shame really that all of this coincides with a bad time for England. It takes the focus off the rugby. Maybe that was another EJ master plan in the same vein as him taking the focus off the players and onto himself.

Hey, Olyy, with the greatest respect, I would PM you but a public response is required. This was not a back handed swipe. You deleted the entirety of a thread in which some very valid points were made on all sides. There most definitely was some name calling, not on my part though. And now that you have deleted all of that and the Eddie Jones issue is reignited for something completely different, my 'it will probably be deleted' comment was completed valid. You inviting a PM is a great way to keep yourself in the shade whilst at the same time making new members or people exploring forums think I have done something wrong. Hence no PM. But I don't have anything else to say on this publicly. You are welcome to PM me though.

No offence, but Olyy is one of our most esteemed mods, and is one of the more level-headed guys on the forum. If there is a legitimate reason to close a thread, and if forum rules are broken, then any mod will close it down.

To throw underhanded comments, is just a way to alienate yourself on this forum, and the more you do it, the less popular you will become, and the less interest you will get from others.

We as mods have to ensure this forum runs smoothly, and is a safe environment for all users. We do this out of love for this forum and love for rugby. I seriously don't get it why the Mods are always being slated just for doing our jobs.

No offence, but Olyy is one of our most esteemed mods, and is one of the more level-headed guys on the forum. If there is a legitimate reason to close a thread, and if forum rules are broken, then any mod will close it down.

To throw underhanded comments, is just a way to alienate yourself on this forum, and the more you do it, the less popular you will become, and the less interest you will get from others.

We as mods have to ensure this forum runs smoothly, and is a safe environment for all users. We do this out of love for this forum and love for rugby. I seriously don't get it why the Mods are always being slated just for doing our jobs.

No offence taken. 'Most esteemed mod' indeed, ha ha. But I am not discussing this with you or anyone else. Myself and Olyy have concluded this in private. Your comments on this thread are pointless and inflammatory and quite frankly, you should know better given your lecture here.

Largely this is true, but then EJ uncomfortable trip on public transport was hardly headline stuff either. He should try the central line at rush hour - then he would know what verbal abuse and jostling was all about!

Its a shame really that all of this coincides with a bad time for England. It takes the focus off the rugby. Maybe that was another EJ master plan in the same vein as him taking the focus off the players and onto himself.

Bad time for England, and yet we beat Wales. Conversation over, good day.

LOL you did. Well done sweetheart!

Bad time for England, and yet we beat Wales. Conversation over, good day.

Also I have to add... England beat Wales, just (at which time the wheels were still barely on the juggernaut led by the messiah EJ). Wales haven't been well beaten by any of the teams this year, hence the table as it stands, But then England got blown away by Scotland and humiliated by France. Water has passed under the bridge since then, and even the most ardent England fan would admit that English rugby isn't in the best place. I just pointed out that the EJ issues and the rugby poor showing were unfortunate.

IF it was said by a white coach about other nations he would be sacked. Imagine the england cricket coach saying the west indies is a **** hole full of scummy people. he would be sacked within 24 hours. PC double standards strike again. EJ is a horrible person and he knew hed get away with it because this is reverse discrimination in this basket case of a country

IF it was said by a white coach about other nations he would be sacked. Imagine the england cricket coach saying the west indies is a **** hole full of scummy people. he would be sacked within 24 hours. PC double standards strike again. EJ is a horrible person and he knew hed get away with it because this is reverse discrimination in this basket case of a country

I think this post signifies the point where this thread should just be deleted.

It is obvious this topic was not initially raised so it could be discussed in a reasonable manner, it was antagonistic and aimed at getting posters backs up.

Of course you'd go there, your lot always do. "AH! What would the reaction be if it was a billionaire, white, CIS, heterosexual man talking about a poor, gay, African, crippled tranny?!?!?!?"

Like it or not, those situations aren't the same. No one likes a person from a wealthy, more developed nation making comments like that about a poorer one because it's just bullying. Australia, Wales and Ireland are all on similar footing so no one from Wales or Ireland will seriously worry about what an Australian thinks about them.

Eddie, feel free to call Ireland scummy because they are so clearly not scummy that it won't upset them. Just don't say it specifically about Munster because that's just cruel.

I think this post signifies the point where this thread should just be deleted.

It is obvious this topic was not initially raised so it could be discussed in a reasonable manner, it was antagonistic and aimed at getting posters backs up.

You can't just delete threads because you don't agree with the subject matter, or because of the way it was 'initially raised'. Like it or not, the EJ 'thing' has been widely discussed in the media, and on social media. And a forum like this just gives those who dare, an opportunity to say what others are thinking. Deleting a thread simply gives the critics of this forum in particular a reason to point out its shortcomings yet again. And you'll ALL be slagging of EJ when (not if but WHEN) he gets sacked - whenever that may be. Chill out - you don't have to contribute to a thread if you don't like it, right?

Of course you'd go there, your lot always do. "AH! What would the reaction be if it was a billionaire, white, CIS, heterosexual man talking about a poor, gay, African, crippled tranny?!?!?!?"

Like it or not, those situations aren't the same. No one likes a person from a wealthy, more developed nation making comments like that about a poorer one because it's just bullying. Australia, Wales and Ireland are all on similar footing so no one from Wales or Ireland will seriously worry about what an Australian thinks about them.

Eddie, feel free to call Ireland scummy because they are so clearly not scummy that it won't upset them. Just don't say it specifically about Munster because that's just cruel.

'Your lot' ???

For the sake of TRF close this thread down ! It's a "Wales way of bashing England without winning a game of rugby" thread ....

They are the same. the rules must apply equally or not at all. You cannot allow a group to discriminate against another and punish it when it happens in reverse. This is the problem now with double standards of political correctness. The irony is the weakest most disadvantaged ie the disabled are the least protected despite being the most vulnerable. But jones here has steretyped and insulted 2 entire nations. horrible. IF it was reversed the white man would be sacked

Latest posts