• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Eddie Jones names 34 man squad for South Africa tour in June

When did cipriani throw a hissy fit at not being selected by Lancaster?
Are you sure you're not mixing him up with Ashton?

1 fullback
4 wings
0 outside centres
1 inside centre
3 scrum-halves
6 fly-halves

Just Eddie things
I'm afraid I'm not sure you can count Slade as a flyhalf anymore. Seems to pretty much consistently play at 13

How has Ford been embarrassing poor FFS, find it quite funny how people are trying to blame Ford for Tigers season just to big up Cips, nah our packs to blame and the coaches being directionless, he showed in the game v sale what he is capable of when his pack actually attacks the breakdown and give him some running options.
Talk about embarrassing poor comments from a one eyed wasp fan.....

RE Eddie comment about Cips it is what it is, Cips has a rap about being a "Difficult personality" that's his own fault no one else's, Eddie kicked out Solomona and Tuilagi for their behaviour so it's not like Cips is the only person he has been tough with.

Hate using the term snowflakes but Cips is 30 now if he can't handle what eddie says (Which is pretty tame by his standards) then could he handle the increase press spotlight and the opp coaches? and if he can handle it why do supporters feel the need to defend him.

Firstly I don't need to blame anyone for Tigers' bad season, it's quite clearly bigger than one guy and a systemic problem. But Fords defence has also been worse than ever in the last few months, and Jim Hamilton made the point additionally that he's been doing that whilst wearing the shirt as club captain for a couple of those games. And the reason I bring up Cips is exactly this; I'm well aware of his limitations but it should be seen as double standards for as long as Fords weaknesses are continually overlooked purely on the basis of the attacking game he *can* bring. I don't think Fords a bad player but the same inconsistencies which have plagued england selection over the last ten years of not selecting a player based on supposedly one weak attribute whilst selecting another with precisely the same weakness.

On the put-down, Jones could have just said "Like with every other player in the squad, if he acts out and inappropriately, he'll be out of the squad and the tour. The rules are the same for everybody and there are no exceptions" This way he's not appearing to call out any individual player. Because yeah, even if in context the journalist brought it up, if you're going to bring him back just let him do his thing without casting unnecessary focus on him.

Firstly I don't need to blame anyone for Tigers' bad season, it's quite clearly bigger than one guy and a systemic problem. But Fords defence has also been worse than ever in the last few months, and Jim Hamilton made the point additionally that he's been doing that whilst wearing the shirt as club captain. And the reason I bring up Cips is exactly this; I'm well aware of his limitations but it should be seen as double standards for as long as Fords weaknesses are continually overlooked purely on the basis of the attacking game he *can* bring.

On the put-down, Jones could have just said "Like with every other player in the squad, if he acts out and inappropriately, he'll be out of the squad and the tour. The rules are the same for everybody and there are no exceptions" This way he's not appearing to call out any individual player. Because yeah, even id in contxet the journalist brought it up, if you're going to bring him back just let him do his thing without casting unnecessary focus on him.

Fords defence really hasn't been that crap what last 3 games
v Sale 9 tackles 0 missed
v Falcons 6 tackles 2 missed (Those two against a form winger in goneva)
v Saints 4 tackles 1 missed
19 tackles 3 missed it ain't bad for a 10, it isn't Wilkinson but not many are. Not sure how it is embarrassing. He has the highest kicking percentage out of all the 10's in the England squad.

Hamilton and goode both great pundits very entertaining but are pretty biased when it comes to players and talk a fair amount of crap, like Goode keeps saying Ford is on 600K a year when it's 450K slight difference....
Know one has denied Ford limitations in that it's been pointed out alot more than cips limitations recently, the fact of the matter is he has performed at International level consistently which is why he keeps his place on the whole.

Not sure why you call it a put down either it clearly wasn't.
Jones comment he was ask specially about cips and said specifically what he would do.
It's clear with context he isn't calling him out.

How is he casting unnecessary attention to him? Unless cips is mentally not strong enough to handle the media in which case is he strong enough to test rugby then who cares.

Install Steve Diamond as team manager then.
Worst he did at Sale was get hit by a bus.

He's not "done" anything at Wasps, and I'm not saying anything needs to be done about him.

Just that it seems abundantly clear that even if he's not causing trouble, he's an "abrasive" character.

Glad to see cips in the mix he deserves it even those with allegiance to Leicester can deny Cips is the form 10 in the prem along side Simmonds.

It's probably coincidently but Ford joins Tigers they miss the play offs .....

Still think Tigers looked their best with Tamua at 10 this season.

Glad to see cips in the mix he deserves it even those with allegiance to Leicester can deny Cips is the form 10 in the prem along side Simmonds.

It's probably coincidently but Ford joins Tigers they miss the play offs .....

Still think Tigers looked their best with Tamua at 10 this season.
Definitely.

Still a concern about the lack of full back cover, Brown is not as bad is people make out but if he gets crocked we become very vulnerable, Elliot Daly is an awsome player but it's a big ask too put him out of position and expect him to be great.

Woodward seems an obvious choice.

Still a concern about the lack of full back cover, Brown is not as bad is people make out but if he gets crocked we become very vulnerable, Elliot Daly is an awsome player but it's a big ask too put him out of position and expect him to be great.

Woodward seems an obvious choice.

You mean like we are already doing with Daly by having him on the wing? :D Agree about Woodward though. I think ultimately Watson could still be a great FB but he seems to have had a dip in form along with some other English big names. When he is on form he is an amazing player and one of the best broken field runners in the prem but Woodward has been in good form. Both need to be a bit more solid under the high ball though.

You mean like we are already doing with Daly by having him on the wing? :D Agree about Woodward though. I think ultimately Watson could still be a great FB but he seems to have had a dip in form along with some other English big names. When he is on form he is an amazing player and one of the best broken field runners in the prem but Woodward has been in good form. Both need to be a bit more solid under the high ball though.

Daly has started playing on the wing a lot more now for Wasps though hasn't he? My guess would be Lozowski there as cover, but I would also have liked to see Woodward

Good News everybody, if you have a look on the squad that the premiership FB page but out, there will be a wider training squad going that includes:
Cokanasiga, Francis, Ollie Lawrence, Ben Loader , Marcus Smith, Woodward, Velacott
Beaumont, Ellis, Harrison, Hill, Mguigan, Mcnally, Mercer, Obano, Jono Ross, Schonert, Singleton, Stooke.

Will weaken the u20s, but decent injury cover

got to remember with Boyd going to saints, Harry Mallinder will likely become the next Beauden Barrett apparently, so need to fit him in the squad.

Latest posts