• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Edinburgh v Leinster - Pool 2

Willis, did alright, impressive enough, he seems to have this habit of taking a few steps before passing which gives the defence more time. Made a few decent breaks though and took a quick tap which led to our first try.

The penalty count indicates we're a far more discplined team, and the fact that you were being given free kicks when your scrum half wasn't feeding the ball to the scrum shows that the ref didn't have a clue. He also missed your scrum half kicking the ball away to stop us taking a quick penalty, and there were a couple of offsides and knock-ons that he missed aswell. The ref didn't seem to understand crossing either. There was a couple of times for Leinster he didn't pick up on it, and one (that I can remember) case for Edinburgh which should have been accidental offside that he played on. Still, it's a decent result even though Leinster got the bonus losing point (if that plays any part in the final standing I shall be most unhappy given the 2nd try) and we can look to build on that.

and yet he still gave some ridiculous decisions for us, pinged D'Arcy for not staying on his feet even though he clearly was, same for Blaney's binning, wasn't even a penalty as he came from the back foot. Edinburgh got away with their fair share of offsides which weren't given and same for holding on too long after the tackle. Not M. Jutge's finest hour but once again proving himself to be a homer.

Willis, did alright, impressive enough, he seems to have this habit of taking a few steps before passing which gives the defence more time. Made a few decent breaks though and took a quick tap which led to our first try.
[/b]

yea it seems he does it at the goal line a lot, its not bad, but like you said it gets felipe swamped usually.. a quick hop would be much better to use.

i think this kids gonna be a good one, keep playin him!

he'll be out as soon as Whitaker is fit, sad but true, good chance to develop a decent Irish scrum half but I won't be surprised if he turns up a few years down the line in France or England.

god damn that boys got a cannon

cillian willis > chris whitaker

gunner man i don't see where he was "stamping" all game

or feeding the ball slow??

Never said anything about stamping, but in the majority of the scrums he took an age to feed it, meaning the scrum just either collapsed or Leinster went backwards and we got pinged for it.

yes you did, you told me you hope the little guy gets stamped... but besides that he couldnt feed the scrum because as soon as it usually commensed you guys were blown off so far he couldnt get it in without collapsing

Latest posts