• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Editing Rugby Challenge 2006

In the game, each player has 4 or 5 skill stats. These i mentioned above. The ratings range from 0-100. Most players have 60-100 ratings for all skill levels.

They are:-

kicking
speed
power
handling
There is another i think as well maybe tackling or fitness.

The players in career at least have about 15 stats, but they're the main ones. Stuff like tackling and fitness are only viewable in the player details, and then you also have rucking, scrums, sprint length, kick power and kick accuracy etc.

Hopefully we can edit the game, I found the pace of the game for an international game as way too fast. I wouldn't mind even slowing down the terrible teams (ie the 4th div career) teams down a touch.

Most players have 60-100 ratings for all skill levels.

Wonder if we can influence possession by altering the ruck values? If most players have poor rucking skills and the backrow have strong skills, then if they get into the ruck early it could be enough to turn the ball over where it wouldn't in the stock game?

It'd be great if we increased tackling and ruck skills. Better defense and more turnovers would make kicking more important.

What controls offloads do you think? Handling/pass skill (forgot if there is a pass skill, guess there should be)?

Kick accuracy could see a boost for proper kickers while power could be lowered.

Anyway keep us up to date if you guys are able to edit the stats, I wouldn't mind playing around with them to try and balance the gameplay.

Like any game, the programmers must enter values to affect the gameplay. There must be those values in the game and they are probably editable, if you can get an editor.

I am sure this game can be patched/modded. A lot of the teams, like Georgia for example are fine, all the players look georgian.. whereas for samoa for example, the players are all too lighter skinned or completely wrong.

There must be a way to alter the face of a player individually. This can either be by editing the actual face of the player (from a bald white to a bald black head for example) and the same for the body.

It is a shame the transfer system doesnt extend to the proper game.. or else this game would last a lot longer.

In essence, the only thing that can't be altered in a game, is the playing system itself.

For example, you could even edit the crowd so they wear club shirts and change the ad hoardings in the stadiums. That is all and dandy, but the game needs a tweak. Lets hope we can get a chance to do so.

looks like u guys are doing great trying to edit the game. I wouldn't mind playing RC2006 again with new mods, the only thing that annoys me is that EVERYONE can kick field goals from 40m out, hope u guys can mod it and make it so that only fly-half or centre can kick field goals or something

and it'll be good to get the real player names for SH teams

We'd need to add two teams to the Psuedo Super 12's.. and also the teams have changed their names as well.. Transvaal Golden Cats for example are different now, plus new teams like Central Cheetahs.

I did read that George Gregan is moving to Toulon in France, which is interesting.

I can do the kits, logos etc. I have an issue with transparency, but other than that i can do the work. I agree with the drop goals.. my prop always launches a Guscott style winner for the Lions.

That's a point.. would anybody be interested .. if we can add teams to the database to maybe put some classic teams in.. like SA, NZ, Aus, Eng, Fra with all the old stars like Lomu, Sella, Andrew, V.D Westhuizen, Lynagh etc..

That'd be cool.. and reminiscent of JLR?

i am almost giving up on this, its almost impossible for me to change anythign without knowing anything. i have like 3 files and they all mean nothing to me. I can edit player names, thats about it. i dont know what format all the other values are in, if they are in binary then there is no show without me knowing just one players stat for something. I just have no where to start.

i am almost giving up on this, its almost impossible for me to change anythign without knowing anything. i have like 3 files and they all mean nothing to me. I can edit player names, thats about it. i dont know what format all the other values are in, if they are in binary then there is no show without me knowing just one players stat for something. I just have no where to start.
[/b]

I understand the problem woosaah. I can provide you with the stat of a player in career mode, which has all the skill stats. I'd assume all players have this, but they are fixed. If you tell me what you need, i will try and give it to you. I appreciate it is hard, if you need help i will obviously try and assist you.. but if it cant be done then no worries.. the game is ok, and i can play the game in what ever way i edit it.. apart from the 2 south african black players having white legs and a black face!

[/b]

I can send you the game if that helps.

yeah give me the stats of someone at least. then i can compare what they could be, but still dont promise anything.

Latest posts