• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Editing Team Kits

R

Rockstar

Hey Woosaah or anyone who can help me...............

I used wDOLFFIN2.1.b & BigGui to extract the Sharks kit files:

Home Kit: 4e17350bc09ad8696b882907d5660ca0.big
Away kit: 75cd49b0d24bab6b8156663d1969a527.big

I want to change the Sharks home kit's pants.....from white to black because they never wore white pants.

Anyway........

1) I opened the rugby 08 data file using BigGui, then exported both files 4e17350bc09ad8696b882907d5660ca0.big & 75cd49b0d24bab6b8156663d1969a527.big

2) I opened the away kit using wDOLFFIN2.1.b, opened the png file in photoshop, copied the pants section and saved the pants pic.

3) I exported the home kit, opened the png file in photoshop, took the pants pic I saved from their away kit and pasted it over the home kits pants.

4) Then I imported the kit.png file back into the 4e17350bc09ad8696b882907d5660ca0.big using wDOLFFIN2.1.b.

5) Then I used the BigGui and imported the new 4e17350bc09ad8696b882907d5660ca0.big file back into the data file of rugby 08, compressed the new 4e17350bc09ad8696b882907d5660ca0.big file.

But when I go to play a game the Sharks still have their white shorts in home games!!??

I'm obviously not doing something right...can anyone please help me out?

(one more thing...when i try save the 4e17350bc09ad8696b882907d5660ca0.big file once Iv'e imported the new kit.png file, when I press "save as"....there is no file type to select from...its blank. So when I save the file size is 0kb.) So I dont save but it seems to be updated because when I close wDOLFFIN2.1.b and reopen it and open the edited 4e17350bc09ad8696b882907d5660ca0.big file and check the kit....it has the new png file which i edited.)

What am I doin wrong? Thanks a lot guys.....

when you import an image or something into the kits big file with dolffin it should automatically save and create a backup file so no need to do the save as thing

sorry its 1.30 am

Haha, damn 1:30.

I got it right, dont need to import back into game data file!

Saved the teams kit picture as a .bmp file in photoshop, imported back into teams kit. Then put the edited 4e17350bc09ad8696b882907d5660ca0.big file into EA Sports\EA SPORTSâ"¢ Rugby 08 folder.

This site rocks, Thanks for the help EVOL!!!

EVOL, my next question is.........

How do you edit the teams kit that shows up on the "Team Select" screen? Sharks home kit still shows up with white pants here but in the game its changed to black pants.

Do you know which file you need to edit?

EVOL, my next question is.........

How do you edit the teams kit that shows up on the "Team Select" screen? Sharks home kit still shows up with white pants here but in the game its changed to black pants.

Do you know which file you need to edit? [/b]
You can read my kits thread for hints and tips if you so wish?

HAHA! of course BOKean! Together we can make Rugby 08 a much better game.

Just make sure you keep that pic of Steyn on your posts :D

ummm...how do you share files on this site?

Battling with the Team Select Screen!!!!!!!

I can either import the kit or the alpha image.....it wont let me import both one overrides the other one!! WHY!!!???

Goin crazy!!!! Please help guys.

I found Schalk Burger's face in rugby 06 makes a decent strettle.

I just need to make him skinnier.

Has anyone managed to export the new RWC kits so we can use them for rugby 06?
[/b]

Good question, can't wait for the answer ! Apparently the files' code are almost the same for both games...

Most teams have new kits.. even RWC ones are possibly out of date, unless it's the big guns.

So someone is gonna have to re-do all welsh, irish, scottish, italian (who cares evols look cool) plus french and english permiership again.. maybe some super 14''s too.

<div class='quotemain'> EVOL, my next question is.........

[/b][/quote]

Hey guys, Iv'e managed to edit the Sharks home pants to black in the "Team Select" screen for Rugby 08.

My only problem now..is that when I import the pic back into the .fsh file, it drops of the name"Sharks" and had lots of little white dots around the kit and logo pics.

When I toggle the transparency on & off in FshED program, there seems to be a white bakground for some reason. So when u turn transparency off it shows the white background and when you turn it on it shows all the dwhite dots!?

What are these dots, how do I get rid of them and how do I keep the name "Sharks" from disappearing when importing?

Thanks Guys.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Hey guys, Iv'e managed to edit the Sharks home pants to black in the "Team Select" screen for Rugby 08.

My only problem now..is that when I import the pic back into the .fsh file, it drops of the name"Sharks" and had lots of little white dots around the kit and logo pics.

When I toggle the transparency on & off in FshED program, there seems to be a white bakground for some reason. So when u turn transparency off it shows the white background and when you turn it on it shows all the dwhite dots!?

What are these dots, how do I get rid of them and how do I keep the name "Sharks" from disappearing when importing?

Thanks Guys. [/b][/quote] When making stuff with transparent logos you have to make sure you do not use full white = 255,255,255 and full black = 0,0,0 cos they are used as the transparency! If you are using the sharks lettering as white try off setting or recolouring it to like 250,250,250 thats just almost white or a light gray. . . . that then will show up almost white.

I use Paintshop Pro 7-XI and make a black & white mask to layer over my stuff that i want, I dont use Photoshop sorry.

Hope that helps or makes sense to you?

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Thanks Guys. [/b][/quote] When making stuff with transparent logos you have to make sure you do not use full white = 255,255,255 and full black = 0,0,0 cos they are used as the transparency! If you are using the sharks lettering as white try off setting or recolouring it to like 250,250,250 thats just almost white or a light gray. . . . that then will show up almost white.

I use Paintshop Pro 7-XI and make a black & white mask to layer over my stuff that i want, I dont use Photoshop sorry.

Hope that helps or makes sense to you?
[/b][/quote]

Hey csrtt815, it makes sense. Will try it out. Everything looking great just missing the Sharks "name".

Thanks a lot, appreciate the response and help.

Ok, i will be releasing these following very soon..

Note: kits are without RWC logos, and will have sponsor logos instead where possible.

Wales RWC Home and Away
Georgia RWC Home and Away
Samoa RWC Home and Away
Romania RWC Home and Away
Tonga 'alternative design' Home and Away
Fiji 'alternative design' Home and Away
Portugal RWC Home and Away (if they have one...)
Namibia RWC Home and Away

Ones i might try but might be too difficult..

Japan Home
Fiji RWC
Tonga RWC

Hi!

I have made french team kits, the jesey+short. I have extracted the fsh, I've edited the PNG and I've imported the fsh in the big and it work in the game.

Now, I have edited with photoshop all jersey Back with all numbers, but I don't know how import png file in the fsh ! When I import the png it only change the number 22.

Sorry for my english :D
Can you explain me, please ?

Latest posts