• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Election Day

To be fair Romney should never have opened his mouth about the Olympics. Has / Will have put him in some sort of bad light with some. Still think the guy's a tool.

I can agree on this, usually best not to wade into these sort of things unless it's a private discussion behind closed doors.

I do love a gaff prone George W type leader. Not sure we can slate Romney that much we have Borris and he's awesome. The difference is i don't think we would let Borris near a nuke or have final say on military deployments. Then again nobody would mess with us then. Don't mess with the UK that Borris he one crazy mother.

I do love a gaff prone George W type leader. Not sure we can slate Romney that much we have Borris and he's awesome. The difference is i don't think we would let Borris near a nuke or have final say on military deployments. Then again nobody would mess with us then. Don't mess with the UK that Borris he one crazy mother.

Biden is frequently hilarious. Bush was a gongshow not just what he said but virtually everything remember the time he tried to go through the closed door!!! Although his dodging skills were most impressive when that Iraqi guy decided to throw some shoes at him.

Yes a hugely conservative millionaire, intolerant Mormon, who is associated with the same party as Sarah Palin will make a great president. He's fairly standard Republican ie lower taxes, sill peasents, Not pushed on Obama either, for someone who is supposedly left wing, he's not. Great speaker though, really appeals to people who like shiny objects. I think he will do some nitty gritty things if he is re-elected

Last edited:
Yes a hugely conservative millionaire, intolerant Mormon, who is associated with the same party as Sarah Palin will make a great president. He's fairly standard Republican ie lower taxes, sill peasents, Not pushed on Obama either, for someone who is supposedly left wing, he's not. Great speaker though, really appeals to people who like shiny objects. I think he will do some nitty gritty things if he is re-elected

American left wing is more right than most European standard-conservatives.

Three hour cues from what I've seen, first polls close in an hour and a half.
I think (hope) that Obama puts his foot down if he gets reelected. We'll know in a few hours.

American left wing is more right than most European standard-conservatives.

Three hour cues from what I've seen, first polls close in an hour and a half.
I think (hope) that Obama puts his foot down if he gets reelected. We'll know in a few hours.

Polls in Virginia and a couple other states close in twenty minutes.

Polls in Virginia and a couple other states close in twenty minutes.

That's right, forgot about Virginia.
I think the winner was pretty much decided by about midnight four years ago. Ohio and Florida will be massive indicators, which, I believe, close at 8.

You can dislike Romney if you want, hell there are plenty of reasons to dislike him. I don't know what "sill peasents" is but I'm guessing it means he doesn't like the poor. That is bullshit. All most everyone in politics has the same aims, they just have different ways of achieving them. In foreign policy they want to keep their country safe and on economic policy they want to grow the economy and make everyone richer. You may believe that Romney's policies won't do either of these things. I don't believe he will make America safer but I believe he could make the economy better. The point is he has good intentions, as did the utter disaster that was the last Republican President. If you don't like his policies, say why you think they will not be effective. I think that is a far better way of doing things than making divisive statements and turning an election into the rich versus the poor.

That's right, forgot about Virginia.
I think the winner was pretty much decided by about midnight four years ago. Ohio and Florida will be massive indicators, which, I believe, close at 8.

Ohio is most likely the make or break state especially for Romney he has very few paths to victory without it. It closes at 7:30 p.m.

You can dislike Romney if you want, hell there are plenty of reasons to dislike him. I don't know what "sill peasents" is but I'm guessing it means he doesn't like the poor. That is bullshit. All most everyone in politics has the same aims, they just have different ways of achieving them. In foreign policy they want to keep their country safe and on economic policy they want to grow the economy and make everyone richer. You may believe that Romney's policies won't do either of these things. I don't believe he will make America safer but I believe he could make the economy better. The point is he has good intentions, as did the utter disaster that was the last Republican President. If you don't like his policies, say why you think they will not be effective. I think that is a far better way of doing things than making divisive statements and turning an election into the rich versus the poor.

Agreed. I dislike people having a go at Romney like this. He's fundamentally a good man, just because he wasnts to run his country n a different manner to how you would like to see it done doesn't give you remit to bash hm. Have a go at his policies, but attacking the man is always a bit low.

I don't see what him being a Mormon has to do with it either Osulli mi.

Don't forget guys that voting isn't mandatory in the States, and in fact voter turnout is quite low, so the candidates have to stir up their bases a lot in order to get people to the polls and thus campaign on fringe things they never act on when they get in. The differences between Obama and Romney(especially on foreign policy) and probably the silent majority of Americans aren't nearly as large as the differences between their bases.

I don't like Romney, I really don't, but the "silly peasants" was a joke. I don't doubt his effectiveness, or his willingness to act, it's how he'll do it, and how ruthless he is. Economics, yeah OK fair enough can't argue he'll do a job there, he's extremely clever and has experience here. It's the foreign policy (and the fact that he is an intolerant homophobe) I'm worried about. I don't believe Bush had good intentions here nor do I believe Republicans in general do not handle this area well, they are too quick to get involved in others affairs. I never claimed the rich will vote Romney or the poor will vote Obama, in that case Romney would get destroyed (which clearly is not the case).

8PM projections coming out now, plenty for Obama according to some news sources.
Primarily New England, almost all electoral votes for Obama.

56-40 at the moment in favour of Obama. Not that it means anything yet, no battle ground states have been decided. Virginia razor close, Florida should be coming in soon.

Florida is very tight. Ohio another key area, with results seemingly coming in soon.

I've got Obama to win. The problem is Obama never could achieve anything - the American system has so many checks and balances for what is essentially a FPP system, that nothing Obama could do really would change in those years. What he did manage to squeeze through turned out to be somewhat detrimental - but ironically it was usually what was met with reasonable support for the Republicans. The first debate hurt Obama but I thought he came back in the second (certainly not by the landslide Romney won the first by - although I think that was attributed to two thing. The first is Romney has essentially been arguing for the last four years; whereas Obama hasn't; and the second was the amazing lack of fact checking, which isn't a huge issue when perception is more important than reality in politics). What will have helped Obama is his response to Hurricane Sandy which has gained him a lot of praise in recent weeks, an event which I think will save his election.

I've got Obama to win. The problem is Obama never could achieve anything - the American system has so many checks and balances for what is essentially a FPP system, that nothing Obama could do really would change in those years. What he did manage to squeeze through turned out to be somewhat detrimental - but ironically it was usually what was met with reasonable support for the Republicans. The first debate hurt Obama but I thought he came back in the second (certainly not by the landslide Romney won the first by - although I think that was attributed to two thing. The first is Romney has essentially been arguing for the last four years; whereas Obama hasn't; and the second was the amazing lack of fact checking, which isn't a huge issue when perception is more important than reality in politics). What will have helped Obama is his response to Hurricane Sandy which has gained him a lot of praise in recent weeks, an event which I think will save his election.

I agree with this, well stated.
As soon as Barack Obama took over, it was the Obama Recession. He is getting the blame for the current state, even though things are slowly turning around. I assure you, it is still awful, but the US is no longer dropping as it was before. Barack Obama's action with the automotive industry was massive. It might have essentially secured Michigan (a state that Romney has strong links to) and perhaps give him a crucial foothold in Ohio.

Thnigs looking better for Obama now, just won Michigan without them even having to wait for raw data, still in tight in Florida.

Thnigs looking better for Obama now, just won Michigan without them even having to wait for raw data, still in tight in Florida.

Pretty much a foregone conclusion, but still a big boost.
The whole Shut Detroit down ordeal pretty much killed Romney's chances, which would have been decently high.

Latest posts