• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Election Day

Pretty much a foregone conclusion, but still a big boost.
The whole Shut Detroit down ordeal pretty much killed Romney's chances, which would have been decently high.

Things are intense in Florida!!!! 1,000 votes between them!!!

Florida is going to right down to it, aye.
Ohio looking slightly more blue right now.

Florida is going to right down to it, aye.
Ohio looking slightly more blue right now.

The Republican campaign manager is saying that they have the edge. I'm gonna guess that it's still on a knife edge.

I have a feeling Romney is going to take this.

Badger state, Nittany Lions, and Wolverine states are called for Obama.

Last edited:
Pennsylvania going for Barack Obama, despite a late attempt by Romney. An important hold for the President.

Major win for the Democrats in the Senate, Warren defeating Brown, to claim Ted Kennedy's old seat.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that either way until Florida is called.

Might not matter if Obama get's Ohio, and that is looking likely at the moment, even if it is early days there.

Last edited:
Might not matter if Obama get's Ohio, and that is looking very likely at the moment.

True, but Florida would almost guarantee the election for Obama. The west coast states (California, Oregon, Washington) provide almost 70 votes, and are quite blue. Add Hawai'i (4), and that is a decent push. The bible belt states will finish reporting in soon, so Romney should expect a boost. The loss of Indiana will be disappointing, but not unexpected. Virginia is pretty close, and if that goes for Obama (somehow) then it would be a great success. Minnesota has not been called, but expected to go for Obama, and adds 10.

I think Obama has it, looking too good for him at the moment, would be very surpirising Romney just behind in swing states even though he is up in popular vote(with Democratic states to come.... other than Alaska and Idaho)

I really don't care if Obama or Romney wins, what I can says is it was a very bad joke to give Nobel Peace Prize to Barack Obama... (what the hell had these guys in mind??)

I really don't care if Obama or Romney wins, what I can says is it was a very bad joke to give Nobel Peace Prize to Barack Obama... (what the hell had these guys in mind??)

That was hilarious....he hadn't even been in power for long...nearly as big as a laugh as the European Union winning last year...although the EU win was explainable...they need the prize money to pay down their sovereign debts badly!!!!

CNN calling Ohio for Obama, and consequently, projected his reelection.

CNN calling Ohio for Obama, and consequently, projected his reelection.

Repubs are disputing the call but it seems impossible for them now even if they won Ohio they look like they have no path to win, Popular vote still in Romney's corner but closing mainly due to California. Will be an interesting next two years up until the midterm elections as to what direction Obama takes. Dems held the Senate by the skin of their teeth but lost the House again.

Very status quo election in the end with some dissatisfaction of Obama in play but not enough that he dosen't deserve another four years...probably the right call IMHO, can see how some are upset that Obama has failed to live up to absurdly high expectations(mainly created by 2008 Obama campaign), but he hasn't been egregiously bad enough to not deserve a 2nd term.

Last edited:
Yep - Obama wins (unless CNN really ****'d up). Can't say I'm suprised or disappointed. Like Little Guy says, Obama hasn't done enough wrong to not win considering his popularity in the 2008 election. No pressure of re-election next year should hopefully se Obama being productive, but it still looks as if the House of Representitives will be majority Republican, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yep - Obama wins (unless CNN really ****'d up). Can't say I'm suprised or disappointed. Like Little Guy says, Obama hasn't done enough wrong to not win considering his popularity in the 2008 election. No pressure of re-election next year should hopefully se Obama being productive, but it still looks as if the House of Representitives will be majority Republican, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Republicans actually won two more house seats then they had in 2010, lost the Senate(in part due to some incredibly crankpot candidates). I still think Obama is in a bit of a bind, his popular vote is down and his party can't afford him to do poorly in the next two years in order for them to retain the Senate. Very fascinating stuff, the checks and balances very much in play.

Happy Obama has won the race to be president for a second spell, done a good job and think he will carry on doing a good job

As a foreigner I'm happy Obama seemingly is getting re-elected. I think it's better for the US as well in the long run to be more... my english fails me.. 'gematigd'.. erm.. middle of the road?

Latest posts