• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Elsom to join Brumbies

The majority of games the Reds played even the ones they lost were fantastic games, it's the ones they lost by silly errors that lost fans, when we lost to the bulls it was a good game, when we lost to the brumbies it wasn't.
It's only a long year if they f*** around with the ball in their 22.

According to Reds' fans they were the most entertaining of the Australian teams... :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jun 3 2009, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 3 2009, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and he wants to go live in f***ing canberra.[/b]

Canberra >>>>>>>>>>> anywhere in Queensland

:lol:
[/b][/quote]

Yeah mate people are leaving the Sunshine Coast and the Whitsundays in droves to head to Canberra, having a ball driving around the roundabouts in that depressing hellhole.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jun 4 2009, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Jun 3 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jun 3 2009, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Players don't come here because of the money... they come here because we've got a good set up, and they've got a chance of achieving something...[/b]

I hope the brumbies do really **** next year just so I can pay out on you fushi! :p
[/b][/quote]

You never know... the Brumbies could have another season like 2005 where most of the team goes through injuries... if a group of players like Giteau, Mortlock, and Moore were to all be injured at the same time it would make it tough...

The Brumbies also lack a top class fullback now that Gerrard has left... Huxley might return next year but there's no guarantee he'll be as good as he was in 2007...

If O'Connor doesn't sign with the Brumbies they might go seeking some talent from overseas...
[/b][/quote]

i was hoping for a a better bite then that :p
Seriously if anything my hope is that at least an ozzie team is in for a real chance of winning the S14 next year and onwards.....even if that team isnt the force :(

When I went to Canberra I got lost alot, spent ages driving around roundabouts to annoy everyone.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haj @ Jun 5 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Seriously if anything my hope is that at least an ozzie team is in for a real chance of winning the S14 next year and onwards.....even if that team isnt the force :([/b]
Cmon Haj, what did I tell you about provincial loyalties? Force or no one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Jun 2 2009, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Players don't come here because of the money... they come here because we've got a good set up, and they've got a chance of achieving something...[/b]
If it was about money he wouldnt have left Leinster. He's moved for the right reasons to what appears to be the right club.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jun 3 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Says teams down here could definately win the HC and thats straight from the horses mouth.[/b]
Could being the word of note. Could...... not necessarily would. Personally I think the S14 is a class competition, I dont think anyone debates the quality of the teams, it more the format that gets a bit dull.

f***ing Canberra, went there for some college ball and ended up in what I think is probably the only gay club in the place (The Cube?). To make matters worse I vomited on myself and I think it's possible my epic turd could still be behind one of the gardens near parliament house.

My point is Canberra brings the worst out in people, If Rocky goes there who knows what he'll do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jun 3 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Says teams down here could definately win the HC and thats straight from the horses mouth.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Could being the word of note. Could...... not necessarily would. Personally I think the S14 is a class competition, I dont think anyone debates the quality of the teams, it more the format that gets a bit dull.[/b]

I'd agree with that, but its the best we can really do. We can't have relegations etc as there arent enough players in Aus, and the system isnt set up to allow tiny provincial unions like Manawatu (in NZ) for instance to jump into S14.
Its also a little hard when the competition spans a time zone up to 12 hours in seperation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Jun 10 2009, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd agree with that, but its the best we can really do. We can't have relegations etc as there arent enough players in Aus, and the system isnt set up to allow tiny provincial unions like Manawatu (in NZ) for instance to jump into S14. Its also a little hard when the competition spans a time zone up to 12 hours in seperation.[/b]

Yeah agree with you there too. Thats the difference between cup and league competitions. The HEC offers more drama because one bad game, even in the group phases and your out. There are no second chances. As a spectacle is has its moments that the S14 cant match but that says nothing about the quality of the matches or the players. We have pretty dull leagues up here too.

Elsom has experienced that tension, that raw passion you dont get in a league game. Take 82,000 Irish fans, stick em in a pretty excellent staudium. Take their two teams and let em loose at eachother.

When you consider that semi final in Croker (and the final in Murrayfield), you can see where he is coming from with the test rugby comment. Still you could also contrast it with the 8000 people that watched Edinburgh play Leinster in the league.

Latest posts