Bath A
Harlequins H
Saracens A
Newcastle H

Sale P 21 Pts 56
Newcastle H
Wasps A
Bristol H

Gloucester P 19 Pts 55 *Awaiting panel ruling on Worcester game but pts likely to increase by 4.
Bristol A
Bath H
Harlequins A
Saracens H

London Irish P 20 Pts 53
Harlequins H
Newcastle A
Wasps H
Bath A

Wasps P 20 Pts 52
Worcester H
London Irish A
Sale H
Leicester A

Bristol P 20 Pts 37
Gloucester H
Leicester A
Exeter H
Sale A

Newcastle P 20 Pts 32
London Irish H
Sale A
Leicester H
Northampton A

Worcester P 20 Pts 30 * P21 with Gloucester cancellation and likely to be 32
Wasps A
Saracens H
Bath H

Bath P 20 Pts 27 (Premiership Rugby seem to have given them a LBP against Exeter on the table above unless anyone else can explain how they got to 28 points)
Northampton H
Gloucester A
London Irish H
Worcester A

Thought I'd make a thread that could be easily updated each week.

So some big results today. Gloucester's job got a lot harder with that loss and now Saints and Exeter are both well in the hunt. All 3 teams have to play Sarries and Quins too as well as either Bath, Bristol or Newcastle. BPs going to be critical me thinks.

Top stays as it is IMO, though that hinges on Chiefs getting an away win against Harlequins (who, at that point, should have a playoff spot sealed up and could rest some first teamers)

My predictions for the sides in contention for 4th:

Exeter 72
Saracens (1pt)
Bristol (5pt)
Harlequins (4pt)

Northampton 70
Bath (5pt)
Harlequins (1pt)
Saracens (1pt)
Newcastle (5pt)

Sale 65
Newcastle (4pt)
Wasps (1pt)
Bristol (4pt)

Gloucester 71
Bristol (5pt)
Bath (5pt)
Harlequins (1pt)
Saracens (1pt)

Bloody close, though - Saints or Gloucester could easily sneak in with an additional win against Quins or Sarries, and then if Quins drop a result or two that puts them possibly in contention of dropping out of the top 4
If Gloucester get 5pts, not 4, for the Worcester game then that puts them in a much better position as well

Yeah if anyone picks up more than a LBP against Sarries that would go a long way to securing 4th.

Such a good run in this year with almost all playing the top of the table teams, 1 upset could change everything, sarries may end up putting a weak team out vs Gloucester in the final round. This i fear

Chiefs Saints and Gloucester all playing Quins

I really dont know how its going to go.

If we do miss out on top 4 it'll be a shame but considering I was only expecting the maximum of a top 8 finish at the start of the season I won't get too upset about it unless we finish 9th. Just got to keep building for next season really.

Hard to see its not
Leicester already there
Sarries all bit there.
Quins two 5 points or BP gets them home.
Gloucester favourite for 4th.
Next Exeter.
Others praying.

Hard to see its not
Leicester already there
Sarries all bit there.
Quins two 5 points or BP gets them home.
Gloucester favourite for 4th.
Next Exeter.
Others praying.
Dunno. I think saints are right in there. You will only be 1 point behind Gloucester after covid game is resolved (it really should have been by now unless Worcester did do something naughty). You also both have a game in hand over Exeter and you are only 4 points behind. You all have pretty similar games so it's all to play for. Saints especially have found some good form at the right time.

I agree. Next round's fixtures are interesting. I think there's a pretty good chance that Exeter lose (away to Saracens) while Saints win (at Bath). Bristol vs. Gloucester is harder to call, but if Gloucester don't win, Saints could find themselves in 4th.

I hope this doesn't happen, but I wouldn't entirely rule out Quins getting nothing from Irish and Tigers which could even see Saints or Gloucester jumping up to 3rd.

Most can't afford a loss 3 teams in for me.
TIgers in.
Sarries in bar miracle for others.
Quins need an implode.
4th is up for debate
Still think it's Gloucester or Chiefs.
Silly results for others but nowt would surprise me.

With the nice weather coming as well expect saints to play some of their best rugby yet. Nice firm pitches and we are likely to be getting the try bonus points even if we lose I think (more like hope).

I bet the American Gloucester fan is chuffed at this run in!

I agree. Next round's fixtures are interesting. I think there's a pretty good chance that Exeter lose (away to Saracens) while Saints win (at Bath). Bristol vs. Gloucester is harder to call, but if Gloucester don't win, Saints could find themselves in 4th.

I hope this doesn't happen, but I wouldn't entirely rule out Quins getting nothing from Irish and Tigers which could even see Saints or Gloucester jumping up to 3rd.
Im worried for Quins tbh, they play Tigers and Chiefs who are both well capable of beating them and then Lirsh Saints and Gloucester all have something to play for. It wouldnt be unthinkable if they ended up 5th, my prediction would be they will be 3rd but still

It's definitely possible we miss out. However, I expect today's game to be high scoring and close so I think we'll either come out of it with 5pts or 2pts (try BP and losing BP).

If we get 5 today, I think it gives us the buffer we need. If we don't other games become more significant.

There are a few other factors to take in to consideration though:
  • We have a game in hand. Admittedly, that's only really useful if we get points from it, but we're in a position where others need to catch us. We can just about afford a loss, he chasing pack can't.
  • Smith, Marchant, Marler and Dombrandt should make a big difference. We also have Evans close to a comeback.
  • Firm, dry surfaces suit us a lot better. Better playing conditions should allow us to play more running rugby.
  • Tigers are pretty much guaranteed a top 2 place so it may be that they start resting players for away games. We may benefit from that.

Not sure there will be much 'resting' of players come last couple of games unless they are in SF or final of Europe.
If not they will only have 1 game in 5/6 weeks before the last weeks games.

Not sure there will be much 'resting' of players come last couple of games unless they are in SF or final of Europe.
Sarries vs Gloucester in last round if a Sarries win puts Chiefs in the play offs and a Gloucester win puts Gloucester they would choose who they'd rather play if that team were to get to the final. And prep there team there will be resting players.

Big win for Quins. That goes a long way to being in the play offs.

Irish's hopes are done though.

Sarries vs Gloucester in last round if a Sarries win puts Chiefs in the play offs and a Gloucester win puts Gloucester they would choose who they'd rather play if that team were to get to the final. And prep there team there will be resting players.

Not sure Sarries should be worrying too much about who they play in a SF. Assuming they don't reach the Challenge final ,anyone 'rested' for the last game (Gloucs) would have a 3 week rest. Surely their best prep would be to go full bore in prep for the SF.

Not sure Sarries should be worrying too much about who they play in a SF. Assuming they don't reach the Challenge final ,anyone 'rested' for the last game (Gloucs) would have a 3 week rest. Surely their best prep would be to go full bore in prep for the SF.

As proven yesterday against Wasps though, 3 weeks off doesn't always work out well.

Today makes it virtually sure 3 of 4 decided.
4th up for grabs as none as a great run in.
Still think it's Chiefs, or Gloucester.
As my good old Saints will have a Stinker somewhere.
Hopefully we can do Bath and not have it at home to Quins which could be a 100pt game if both teams are on it.

Tigers already have 80 points and are practically guaranteed a home semi.

I can definitely see them resting some players (I'm not talking about them playing a B team) across the run-in and if they're going to do it, I think it's more likely they'll do it on the road. Borthwick tends to rotate a reasonable amount anyway and they will need to rest their England players for at least 1 game. I don't necessarily think that'll be against Quins. My point was that it just happens to be an away game.

Latest posts