• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

End of season run in.

Saints or Gloucester for 4th now
Can Wasps beat a probably Tigers 1.5 team to deny Irish all else sorted bar who is 1 v most likely Saints and who is 2 v Quins.

I think that's the top 4 sorted now but if someone had said to me at the start of the season we'd have an outside chance on the final day I would have probably laughed at them! Even I thought I was being too optimistic at the start as I thought we may squeak into the top 8.

Overall it's been a great season and one to keep building on :)

I think that's the top 4 sorted now but if someone had said to me at the start of the season we'd have an outside chance on the final day I would have probably laughed at them! Even I thought I was being too optimistic at the start as I thought we may squeak into the top 8.

Overall it's been a great season and one to keep building on :)
Still an outside chance in fairness our guys are fairly in form for scoring but can't defend for toffees.
Sarries will be a 1.5 team so good chance we have to do the business to play No1 seed.

If it does work out as Tigers vs. Saints and Saracens vs. Quins that will be two sets of arch rivals facing off in the semis. Tasty stuff.

If it does work out as Tigers vs. Saints and Saracens vs. Quins that will be two sets of arch rivals facing off in the semis. Tasty stuff.
Fair assumption of likely play offs.
Can't see our guys pack wise being good enough against a very good tigers pack.
In fairness our could on the day score against the tigers backline.
Sarries v Quins home advantage to shade it in a high score,

True, but you've just given a very good Saracens pack a decent game so who knows?

Quins have a bit of a psychological barrier when it comes to playing Saracens away from home. As great as we might be at second half comebacks, there is no way they would allow us to claw back a lead like other teams have. We won't win unless we can put in an 80min performance.

Hopefully the Chiefs game gives us the opportunity to build a bit of momentum.

Well after Dan Biggars comments i really hope we use that as motivation to beat Saints next week and put a spanner in their works.

What's he said?

I had a quick google but could only see him talking about Gloucester fans shouting abuse at him on the bench (shock horror)

The more I look at this, the more I see some potential for a fairly dramatic final day.

The points difference between Saracens and Tigers is only 3.

I fully expect Saracens to get the full 5 points vs. Gloucester which would mean Tigers have to win to stay in 1st.

Tigers didn't look particularly great vs. Falcons and Wasps have something to play for. I don't expect them to beat Tigers, but they're certainly capable of doing it and have already done so this season. Dolly's injury could be costly if Montoya is not fit. Clare, TCD and Vanes are OK, but definitely not at the level of Montoya or Dolly. If Wasps were to win and Tigers don't get a losing BP and a try BP, Saracens could leapfrog them in to 1st.

I guess 1st or 2nd doesn't make that much difference, but the psychological aspect of going in to the play-offs topping the table with a 100% home record, would be a bit different to almost doing that and falling at the final hurdle.

What's he said?

I had a quick google but could only see him talking about Gloucester fans shouting abuse at him on the bench (shock horror)
Hes said that hes relieved they're playing us next week going for a top 4 finish.

i know hes not wrong...but its the arrogance that hes come out and said it.

Expect to see Fearns, Lockwood etc bombing down his channel quite a bit next week.

True, but you've just given a very good Saracens pack a decent game so who knows?

Quins have a bit of a psychological barrier when it comes to playing Saracens away from home. As great as we might be at second half comebacks, there is no way they would allow us to claw back a lead like other teams have. We won't win unless we can put in an 80min performance.

Hopefully the Chiefs game gives us the opportunity to build a bit of momentum.
Tbf they literally let Saints do exactly that this weekend

Yeah, but that's Saints and lacks the additional spice of mutual dislike.

There's definitely some takeaways we'll be looking at though.

Yeah, but that's Saints and lacks the additional spice of mutual dislike.

There's definitely some takeaways we'll be looking at though.
I'd say the Sarries saints rival and spice is more than the tigers one over the last 5 or so years to be honest.

Really? Quins would absolutely see Saracens as our number 1 enemy and I think it's a mutual dislike.

Perhaps they didn't see us as genuine rivals in the past, but I think they do now. If they don't, I'm fine for them to underestimate us in the play offs.

Really? Quins would absolutely see Saracens as our number 1 enemy and I think it's a mutual dislike.

Perhaps they didn't see us as genuine rivals in the past, but I think they do now. If they don't, I'm fine for them to underestimate us in the play offs.
Maybe we all hate sarries and they all (all 5 fans of theirs) hate the rest of the clubs?

The tigers rivalry is big but it just hasn't seemed as relevant or spicy as the sarries games. Think it all started when they wanted to put a flag on our loft shaft and tried to buy out tiny from his contract.

No one has.

Suspect it's a case of one side thinking it's a rivalry.
I don't think Sarries have ever really thought about Saints outside of like 2 years.

I always regard Tigers as our most important rivals.
Yep all want to beat Sarries for many different reasons, but not main rival just a spikey match like v Exeter, et al.

Latest posts