• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Marler or Slade. Neither listed as injured. EDIT: Nor Sinckler.

Disappointed, but unsurprised, there's no place for T Willis.

Mad that J Willis only has 4 caps.

Hard to believe that something didn't go on with Marchant in Aus.
Its just a training camp...according to Jones it has no reflection on the squad for the AI's...

Edit: if you can believe anything he says...

Last edited:
T Willis over both
As a starting 8 yes but as a back up squad player I'd rather have Earl then Simmonds as they offer that point of difference and versatility.

That's on the basis that we take 1 proper 8 and then use backups with Ludlum or Curry (although I kinda hate that).

I think when we had both Earl and Simmonds in the squad at the same time (last 6N?) Simmonds was the better of the two so that probably sealed the deal for Earl
He's been playing brilliantly for Saracens ever since but EJ has always valued form under his watch > form for club

No Marler or Slade. Neither listed as injured. EDIT: Nor Sinckler.

Disappointed, but unsurprised, there's no place for T Willis.

Mad that J Willis only has 4 caps.

Hard to believe that something didn't go on with Marchant in Aus.
It would seem so, but I can't think what. Marchant is a popular, hard working player that has always done well whenever he's been given a fleeting chance. He really isn't the type of character to rub people up he wrong way.

I imagine his crime is simply embarrassing Eddie a bit by playing consistently better than Porter.

It would seem so, but I can't think what. Marchant is a popular, hard working player that has always done well whenever he's been given a fleeting chance. He really isn't the type of character to rub people up he wrong way.

I imagine his crime is simply embarrassing Eddie a bit by playing consistently better than Porter.
Just very odd. He plays the full first test in his best position of 13 then nada. Porter, a decent but inferior player, and definitely at this level, gets virtually 2 full games. Joseph, still in rugby nappies, gets 2 bench appearances with a whole minute's game time.

Earl has to be unlucky. Isn't he playing much more 7 now though? Much as I like Ludlam I think Earl has a higher ceiling. Still wouldn't recognise Pearson if he crossed the road in front of me.

No comments on Malins omission show how much his star has fallen.

Reactions: BPM
I think Malins will end up like Goode at Sarries...a top class prem and European player who failed to really break in to the England squad long term. And people will look back and wonder why?

From that squad a team of
1. Genge, 2. LCD, 3. Stuart
4. Hill, 5. Chessum
6. Willis, 7. Curry, 8. Vunipola
9. JVP, 10. Smith
12. Farrell, 13. Tuilagi
11. Freeman, 14. Nowell, 15. Steward

16. George. 17. Vunipola, 18. Heyes
19. Tizard, 20. Ludlam
21. Mitchell, 22. Porter, 23. Arundell

Isn't bad,

Chessum keeps on getting better, massive lad but has a hell of a engine on him.

Kinda wish we would just ditch Tuilagi and be done with it. He hasn't gone through a single year without serious injury an be we simply can't rely on him to be available. Constantly pinning our hopes on him is holding back or development at centre and has done for the best part of a decade, one of the centres is always treated as keeping the position warm for Tuilagi when he returns.

From that squad a team of
1. Genge, 2. LCD, 3. Stuart
4. Hill, 5. Chessum
6. Willis, 7. Curry, 8. Vunipola
9. JVP, 10. Smith
12. Farrell, 13. Tuilagi
11. Freeman, 14. Nowell, 15. Steward

16. George. 17. Vunipola, 18. Heyes
19. Tizard, 20. Ludlam
21. Mitchell, 22. Porter, 23. Arundell

Isn't bad,

Chessum keeps on getting better, massive lad but has a hell of a engine on him.
Thats actually a pretty good team and thats the backrow i really want to see letting billy do his thing whilst being a nightmare at the breakdown. Id argue Schickerling will push Heyes for that 18 shirt though, 2 different players though, and i dont actually know Hayes' current form but schikerling has started the season well and makes an impact coming on IMO.

Thats actually a pretty good team and thats the backrow i really want to see letting billy do his thing whilst being a nightmare at the breakdown. Id argue Schickerling will push Heyes for that 18 shirt though, 2 different players though, and i dont actually know Hayes' current form but schikerling has started the season well and makes an impact coming on IMO.

Tbh I didn't want to try and spell his name so Heyes was easier to write

In other news, Zach Mercer just won the best player in the top 14, but then what do they know eh Jones?

Tbh I didn't want to try and spell his name so Heyes was easier to write
Heyes is also better tbf
Schickerling is good but his scrummaging just about manages at club level, he'd get torn up at international

In other news, Zach Mercer just won the best player in the top 14, but then what do they know eh Jones?
Mercer now is a bit different to Mercer 4 years ago tbf - I'd be amazed if he wasn't in the first EPS once he comes back to England

When could Mercer potential be available for selection?

I'm guessing from whenever his Gloucester contract starts (day after Top 14 final?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts