• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Wilson leaving Newcastle, while a starter for England, is what I was thinking - don't think there's any chance he'd have done that if the RFU hadn't had a word in his ear
Completely forgot about him. Perfect example of a guy who definitely grabbed his chance with both hands when given it later in his career. Can't recall him really have a bad game for England tbh.

Class act Mark Wilson. Tough as steel. Keep an eye on our two young back rowers Freddie Lockwood and openside Guy Pepper.

Speaking of 12...surely Dan Kelly would be the prime choice to start now...

But what's people's thoughts of Lozowski as an option whilst the kids are developing...

Yeah I like Murley a lot too tbf, wouldn't be upset either way

What's the deal with Marler? Has he quit international rugby or just fallen out of favour with Eddie? If the latter is it likely he is brought back into the fold by Borthwick?

What's the deal with Marler? Has he quit international rugby or just fallen out of favour with Eddie?
No idea - he made some comments in the press about how he'll probably call it a day at the end of the season if he's not in the squad for the RWC which EJ probably took personally

What's the deal with Marler? Has he quit international rugby or just fallen out of favour with Eddie? If the latter is it likely he is brought back into the fold by Borthwick?
Hoping it's just fallout with Jones, I'd not be opposed to Marler coming back until the next WC as a replacement for Mako. Marler & Genge is a pretty strong set of loosies. Likewise if Cole is in good form, no objection to him coming back to get us to the next WC. If we were at the start of the cycle, I'd be less inclined but given we are a year out, I'd happily take in players whatever age as long as they have strong current form.

Still hope for him then but I guess you need his head in the right place. I really like Genge so I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it but as you say, having Marler in the bench instead of Mako from a scrum point of view at least makes sense.

On Marler, hasn't he also taken time off for personal reasons and not made himself available all the time. Personally the way Jones had his favourites that shouldn't matter as he was happy to parachute players in regardless of form or time back from injury, but normally you shouldn't be able to just pick and choose when you want to play for England. If he wants to spend time with his family then fair play to him I certainly don't begrudge him that, but he can't suddenly be available for a world cup and expect to play. It's disrespectful to the other players who have put in the time.

Murley over Freeman. He's just objectively better.

I'm doing my best not to be biased here, but I don't know one thing that Freeman is better at
I wonder what Murley is missing for him to be overlooked? How is he in the air?

Freeman covers FB too and is very deserving of his spot.

Watson, May, Murley Freeman OHC
Steward Arundell

All very good talented players, my preference post WC would be
Murley Steward(15) Freeman, Arundell - a young back three going forward.

I wonder what Murley is missing for him to be overlooked? How is he in the air?

Freeman covers FB too and is very deserving of his spot.

Watson, May, Murley Freeman OHC
Steward Arundell

All very good talented players, my preference post WC would be
Murley Steward(15) Freeman, Arundell - a young back three going forward.
Arundell's injury is a huge pity. Looks like he may have a sprinkling of stardust, but obvs still unproven. Assuming the hype is anything like justified, him Watson and Steward has a nice mix of solidity and threat.

OHC is in good form, and I like both Freeman and Murley too. But none makes the heart race quite like Arundell or even Radwan given half a yard. Think how one dimensional May looked when he burst onto the scene but he had a proper trick and by sticking with him they were rewarded with a world class winger.

Murley over Freeman. He's just objectively better.

I'm doing my best not to be biased here, but I don't know one thing that Freeman is better at
Sarcastic response:

He's better at getting England caps for a start 😂

In all seriousness though Freeman is a quality player, not seen enough of Murley but what kind of winger is he?

Sarcastic response:

He's better at getting England caps for a start 😂

In all seriousness though Freeman is a quality player, not seen enough of Murley but what kind of winger is he?
Not being disloyal, but I think I'd choose Murley over Freeman too.

Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts