• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
England really need to find a better scrum half than Van Portvliet. They wont win anything with him in the team. Isnt there some Newzealander or south african we can poach?
Still need to find a New Zealander or a South African who wants to come. Even if they want to, in all likelihood they will want a lot of money, which no one wants to pay.

England really need to find a better scrum half than Van Portvliet. They wont win anything with him in the team. Isnt there some Newzealander or south african we can poach?
What's happened with him? He really looked the part in Aus. I remember that the ABs(?) got a bit on his case in the Autumn but what's the story?

Odogwu was definitely worth a look a few seasons ago when he made the EPS but didn't get any game time, but yeah - with the emergence of Lawrence at 13 and the raft if wingers we've got to choose from these days it doesn't feel like a big loss

Don't know anything about Lamb other than his name but similarly to the above: lots of talent coming through in the 2nd row atm

Odogwu was definitely worth a look a few seasons ago when he made the EPS but didn't get any game time, but yeah - with the emergence of Lawrence at 13 and the raft if wingers we've got to choose from these days it doesn't feel like a big loss

Don't know anything about Lamb other than his name but similarly to the above: lots of talent coming through in the 2nd row atm
Lamb to the slaughter Italy

Lamb has looked very good this year. Feels like the kind of player who could have been a decent squad player for England in time, and I can fully see him being a loss, especially if he plays well with Italy.

With how injury prone Lawrence seems (maybe it's just an impression) to be it would have been nice to have Odogwu as another 13 option.

But I'm glad he suddenly feels Italian after failing to get capped by England. Another player with no integrity.

Commentators in the semis said early June (week after the final maybe?)

They just mentioned on the commentary for the sale game there's a training squad being announced on Monday
But from the above it doesn't seem they're very clued in

With how injury prone Lawrence seems (maybe it's just an impression) to be it would have been nice to have Odogwu as another 13 option.

But I'm glad he suddenly feels Italian after failing to get capped by England. Another player with no integrity.
Honestly ive never got this integrity argument, if your eligible then go for it. Its a short career and he isnt getting in England so why not get some international honours. I bet in hindsight he wishes he went for italy years ago but the financial gain from England is massive so dont blame him for hanging on.

It's from ruck, so massive pinch of salt needed, but looks like they were just collating reports from various newspapers, but apparently Matt Rogerson, Theo Dan and Billy Vunipola (pending knee recovery) are going to be in the extended training squad

Yeah true, I keep forgetting there's no early summer game without the playoff players, like usual

Honestly ive never got this integrity argument, if your eligible then go for it. Its a short career and he isnt getting in England so why not get some international honours. I bet in hindsight he wishes he went for italy years ago but the financial gain from England is massive so dont blame him for hanging on.
Getting some international honours for the sake of it really defeats the point of playing for your country in the first place.

If you've declared yourself as English and then suddenly decide you are Italian because you can't get an England cap, it kind of makes you a joke.

Getting some international honours for the sake of it really defeats the point of playing for your country in the first place.

If you've declared yourself as English and then suddenly decide you are Italian because you can't get an England cap, it kind of makes you a joke.
What about Cam Redpath? England training squad then switched. Nathan Hughes turned down Fiji to play for England because it was what was best for his family. Players have a short career and i dont begrudge any player getting the best deal/honours for themselves.

I get your point i really do but honestly really happy for him, he's a good player who gets into italy due to his father. So i hope he makes him proud and has a good international career.

If you have options, you play your hand. That's fine.

Henry Thomas on the other hand is dead to me. Pah.

Times listed 15 Eng players who'd been capped at various levels who have now popped up with other countries. 4 of Scotland's initial 41 man WC squad are Eng u20 caps.

Brutal

Was unlikely to make the squad, but I wouldn't have counted out an extended training squad spot considering how well he's been playing since the 6N

Brutal

Was unlikely to make the squad, but I wouldn't have counted out an extended training squad spot considering how well he's been playing since the 6N

That's gutting news. I did wonder if we'd have seen a curry curry combo but guess Tom starts at 7 now with a 6 coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts