• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England callups for Scotland...

Where would he pick Lawes, at 2nd row or at blindside? In my opinion, at the moment Lawes' versatility counts against him starting for his country. He's a good option off the bench though.

2nd row is the best option, because we have depth in the back row, but not 2nd row, so we should be looking to develop him there

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 8 2010, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Where would he pick Lawes, at 2nd row or at blindside? In my opinion, at the moment Lawes' versatility counts against him starting for his country. He's a good option off the bench though.[/b]

Simple, he wont pick him.

I thought MJ might have some sense, but i swear when you take the England job, it's a qualifying skill that you must have **** in your eyes.

The Saxons are pretty good. You got to try them in the 6 Nations, at some stage. We need a Arsene Wenger style attitude. Play the kids, build a team. You will go nowhere using veterans, apart from the odd game where we need experience. Really, what are we gaining with a past-it Wilkinson?

Why not just bring back the 2003 squad, cos it seems any veteran picked is judged on 2003 form! And Hendrie Fourie.. for f***s sake.. just because he's qualified, it doesn't make him worth calling-up. What a joke!

I've given up. This is why i have never and will never support England again. I'd rather support Samoa, honestly.

If England want the best chance of winning this 6Ns then Tindall is the right man.

England should look to build a good squad for 2015 because there's no way in hell they'll win the next one. Do an Australia/France I'd say. I'd love to see the squad below go to Australia this summer even if they do get annihilated.

LH PROP: Sheridan, Golding
HOOKER: Hartley, Mears, (Webber? Paice?)
TH PROP: Cole, Wilson
LOCK: Lawes, Kennedy, Attwood, Shaw/Borthwick
BS FLANKER: Robshaw, Croft, Haskell
OS FLANKER: Rees, Armitage
NO 8: Haskell, Easter

SCRUMHALF: Youngs, Care, Hodgson
FLYHALF: Geraghty, Flood, Alex Goode
WING: Monye, Banahan, Ashton, Cueto
CENTRE: Turner-Hall, Flutey, Tait, Waldouck
FULLBACK: Foden, Armitage

Wow, picking Fourie really takes the cake.

A 30 year old South African who has no future for England, plays for a very poor team and played for an en even worse team before that....ahead of actual good young English players.

I actually think he may be the worst English Coach ever...

Oh for f*** sake...

BBC:
"England manager Martin Johnson has made just two changes to the starting XV for Saturday's Calcutta Cup match against Scotland at Murrayfield.

Wasps' Joe Worsley replaces Lewis Moody at open-side flanker, while Leicester lock Louis Deacon comes in for the injured Simon Shaw.

Full-back Delon Armitage has shaken off a rib injury and will start.

There is one newcomer on the bench, with Leicester scrum-half Ben Youngs taking the place of Paul Hodgson.

Also added to the bench are Northampton lock Courtney Lawes, who won his first cap as a replacement against Australia last November, and Brive hooker Steve Thompson. "

No bloody imagination, yet again another step backwards.

I expected that tbh, though Worsely replacing Moody does surprise me. Is Moody injured? I though Worsely played blindside mainly anyway?
Johnson was never going to start Lawes and Foden is there was anyone else available, unfortunatley.
Lets just hope that Deacon and Armitage go off pretty sharpish...

Worsley is actually a 7, he's just so f***ing old and slow you'd be hard pressed to believe so. I bet that come Sunday, all and sundry will be harping on in the press and the RFU Spin Cycle "how good he is" just because of a few of his illegal tackles (which he'll get away with). Then Steve f***ing Borthwick can talk about the positives again.

f*** England.
f*** Martin Johnson.
f*** Joe Worsley
f*** Rob Andrew
f*** the RFU.

On reflection, at least Foden and Lawes will be well rested ahead of Tuesdays trip to Bath, being as it's certain neither will get a run-out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 9 2010, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
On reflection, at least Foden and Lawes will be well rested ahead of Tuesdays trip to Bath, being as it's certain neither will get a run-out.[/b]

Unbelievable that Foden isn't starting after the Ireland game! Armitage is good player, was excellent last 6 nations, but not found that form this year, whereas Foden has. Hope to see Youngs given at least 20 mins too

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 9 2010, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wasps' Joe Worsley replaces Lewis Moody at open-side flanker[/b]
Take that Moody! That's what you get for leaving Johnson's beloved Leicester

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (www.rugbyperformance.co.uk @ Mar 9 2010, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 9 2010, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On reflection, at least Foden and Lawes will be well rested ahead of Tuesdays trip to Bath, being as it's certain neither will get a run-out.[/b]

Unbelievable that Foden isn't starting after the Ireland game! Armitage is good player, was excellent last 6 nations, but not found that form this year, whereas Foden has. Hope to see Youngs given at least 20 mins too
[/b][/quote]
Especially as Armitage left the pitch injured, and might not have been fit for this match. Would make more sense to start the fit guy, and have the just-got-better-guy on the bench

But yeah, hopefully Youngs will get some game time, he's from Leicester so it's a possibility

Bullitt at least now I guaranteed ye wont beat France :p as Johnno might even recall Mike Catt :D

Foden was possibly Englands biggest attacking threat vs Ire and he back doing the water.
1 Question did Johnson even watch Lawes, Ashton etc hammer that Tiger 2 weeks ago like even if he gives Lawes and Ashton a chance (and Foden and co) a chance and they're bad then ok but like it not as if the team are playing well and players are keeping other's out based on form

I tell you what, if France win, you only have to buy me the Franklins Gardens season ticket! ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 9 2010, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I tell you what, if France win, you only have to buy me the Franklins Gardens season ticket! ;)[/b]
LOL since we in a recession and all :p Although if France loose that game they should be banned by the IRB for 12months B)

Just cant see how the English management can't see what even the great Stevie Wonder can see :eek:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Mar 9 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bullitt at least now I guaranteed ye wont beat France :p as Johnno might even recall Mike Catt :D

Foden was possibly Englands biggest attacking threat vs Ire and he back doing the water.
1 Question did Johnson even watch Lawes, Ashton etc hammer that Tiger 2 weeks ago like even if he gives Lawes and Ashton a chance (and Foden and co) a chance and they're bad then ok but like it not as if the team are playing well and players are keeping other's out based on form[/b]

Ashton is quality, played well vs Sale on the weekend too. Very dangerous player, def worth a start in my opinion. Probably in place of Cueto, solid player but i think monye offers slightly more in attack

I agree,
They should have
11. Monye
12. Flutey
13. Tait
14. Ashton
15. Foden

Cueto on the bench as he can cover wing and fullback (Armitages form has dropped incredibly since last year, and Cueto was more solid as a FB in the AIs than Armitage has been in a while)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 9 2010, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I agree,
They should have
11. Monye
12. Flutey
13. Tait
14. Ashton
15. Foden

Cueto on the bench as he can cover wing and fullback (Armitages form has dropped incredibly since last year, and Cueto was more solid as a FB in the AIs than Armitage has been in a while)[/b]
True but Ashton isn't in click therefor not even near at look of it. Josh Lewsey to come back :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 9 2010, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I agree,
They should have
11. Monye
12. Flutey
13. Tait
14. Ashton
15. Foden

Cueto on the bench as he can cover wing and fullback (Armitages form has dropped incredibly since last year, and Cueto was more solid as a FB in the AIs than Armitage has been in a while)[/b]

Nice. Cueto, Flood, Youngs on the bench for the backs i think. Flood can cover the midfield reasonably well.

Latest posts