• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England callups for Scotland...

NICK KENNEDY????

A talented young player instead of an experienced (and average) journeyman?

Are you mad?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Mar 8 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He's 28, that's not that young really.[/b]

For a forward he is... Especially where England is concerned.

Either that or I've been ****** off by his constant exclusion for longer then I've realised.

Is Lawes still in the EPS?
I know he was released back for the Saints game on the weekend, does that mean they'd have to recall him back into the squad or is he still there? With Shaw out this is the perfect opportunity to get him some game time,
Same with Foden in for Armitage (though neither of those will happen =/ )

And WTF is Tindall doing there? Ree-dick-you-larse

Tindall scored an 'amazing try' at the weekend i read. f*** it, COME ON SCOTLAND!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 8 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is Lawes still in the EPS?
I know he was released back for the Saints game on the weekend, does that mean they'd have to recall him back into the squad or is he still there? With Shaw out this is the perfect opportunity to get him some game time,
Same with Foden in for Armitage (though neither of those will happen =/ )

And WTF is Tindall doing there? Ree-dick-you-larse[/b]

Tindall?
:lol: :lol:

Further proof that Martin Johnson has no idea what the heck he is doing

Also: Why call up Hendre Fourie?
There are numerous English backrows that could/should be chosen, but Johnson goes for the ageing saffer?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Mar 8 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is it bad that i like Mike Tindall?[/b]

Yes. You should probably seek counciling.

Looking at this, I think Geraghty is an Ok move as he's probably the next in line in case of injury, and I don't know enough about Fourie to make a judgement.

As far as Tindall, Palmer and Morgan are concerned, I just want to shoot Johnson. Tindall has not been England's best 12 since before 2003 when Catt was injured, and Palmer has been **** since he was born. Morgan is Ok, but not up to international standards, although I don't think the alternatives like Alex Goode, Mike Brown, Tom Homer etc are there yet either.

Which young English centres should/could have been called up instead of Tindall?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 8 2010, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Which young English centres should/could have been called up instead of Tindall?[/b]

Jordan Turner-Hall, Jon Clarke, Dom Waldouck, Anthony Allen

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Mar 8 2010, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ali12 @ Mar 8 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it bad that i like Mike Tindall?[/b]

Yes. You should probably seek counciling.

Looking at this, I think Geraghty is an Ok move as he's probably the next in line in case of injury, and I don't know enough about Fourie to make a judgement.

As far as Tindall, Palmer and Morgan are concerned, I just want to shoot Johnson. Tindall has not been England's best 12 since before 2003 when Catt was injured, and Palmer has been **** since he was born. Morgan is Ok, but not up to international standards, although I don't think the alternatives like Alex Goode, Mike Brown, Tom Homer etc are there yet either.
[/b][/quote]
Alex Goode was playing very well for Saxons at the start of the 6N, i'd have brought him in, put him on the bench with Foden on the pitch

Centre-wise:
I'd like to see Billy Twelvetrees brought into the England squad. Maybe not into the full squad yet, but how he missed out on a place in the saxons is beyond me.
Maybe Jordan Turner-Hall?
Tom Homer may not be there yet, but experience is what get's players "there". We're out of contention for the grand slam, so they should now be testing out new players.
Waldouck? Didn't really do that well in the AIs, but noone did.

Basically anyone under the age of 30 :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Mar 8 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 8 2010, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which young English centres should/could have been called up instead of Tindall?[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Thanks. I'm not trying to be smart but none would strike fear into an opponent. Turner-Hall seems like a talented player though.

Mike Tindall isn't the future of English rugby but equally, handing out cheap caps to players who don't deserve it is not the answer. The Saxons is where you trial players, not the 6 Nations.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Mar 8 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Mar 8 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 8 2010, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

And so you can see how highly I rate Tindall.
I would probably have any centre instead of him, but those are the ones I could think of at the time.
If you want a conclusive list, Mike Catt, Tom Homer, Sam Vesty (don't know if he's fit or not), Billy Twelvetrees, Chris Mayor, Henry Trinder and George Lowe would all be in there

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Mar 8 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Mar 8 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

And so you can see how highly I rate Tindall.
I would probably have any centre instead of him, but those are the ones I could think of at the time.
If you want a conclusive list, Mike Catt, Tom Homer, Sam Vesty (don't know if he's fit or not), Billy Twelvetrees, Chris Mayor, Henry Trinder and George Lowe would all be in there
[/b][/quote]

I really hope you're just saying that for effect.

Sort of, most of those are actually true. I wouldn't have Tindall anywhere near the squad.
I'm not saying those people should be in, just they should be in before Tindall.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Mar 8 2010, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]
Thanks. I'm not trying to be smart but none would strike fear into an opponent. Turner-Hall seems like a talented player though.

Mike Tindall isn't the future of English rugby but equally, handing out cheap caps to players who don't deserve it is not the answer. The Saxons is where you trial players, not the 6 Nations.
[/b][/quote]

And players who've impressed for the Saxons include Dominic Waldouck...

I just hope Palmer's inclusion doesn't mean that Johnson has found another excuse not to pick Lawes.

Latest posts