• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England in India

lol

I know Botham said something. I will try and find a few.

Here are some selected quotes from some articles published in The Guardian

Quote:
The quality of the Australian player base seems to be eroding as fast as the Suffolk coastline while Cricket Australia is said to be so devoid of funds (not yet bankrupt but heading that way, I was told recently by someone who would know) that they need to cling on to the coat-tails on any Indian deals they can to stay afloat

The same paper also ran a poll asking whether England were favourites for next years Ashes.

Quote:
England's recent results exclude them from that bracket, although the upturn the team appears to have taken under Kevin Pietersen's captaincy could soon change that

--

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ssies_battered/

But the new guys look way short of the mark. Stuart Clark isn't a bad bowler but if Peter Siddle is the best of the rest - Kevin Pietersen must be licking his lips.

Leg spinner Cameron White was hardly impressive in and Shane Watson still looks like a poor man's Andrew Flintoff.

The English look re-born under Pietersen and with Matthew Hoggard and Simon Jones (if and when he is ever fit again) waiting in the wings, England look a real force to be reckoned with.

------------

Meh nothing special, there were a few others but I'm not too worried. It just ****** me off when Australia lost to Indian someone says our dominance is over, whether it is coming from an Australian, pom or anyone else. They said that after the 2005 ashes and we came back better, the loss in India will be a good thing.

But i enjoyed watching this

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eoc_RqY6yws

Hard to know what's a good lead for England in this match, currently at 247 with 7 wickets intact they're gonna want to at least have taken the win away from India by tea if not mid afternoon and give themselves enough time to bowl India out again, mind you it only took 70 overs in the first innings and on a day 4/day 5 wicket it could take even less time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Riaan @ Dec 13 2008, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I pray KP declares early[/b]

he'd be a fool, they've only got a 247 run lead, need to build that to at least 350 and beyond which is gonna take some time given England's run rate.

There`s a long time left in this game. England will bat for a really heavy lead if possible as we all know how deadly India`s batsmen are. This game has left me wondering wether we have overlooked the impact all the security issues have had on the Indian players as they looked distracted big-time in the first innings. Either Englands performance is extraordinary or India`s mind is elsewhere?

well given how Sehwag batted I don't think it's a case of their head being elsewhere and he's possibly put India in the driving seat, 250 runs in a day is more than doable even if it is a day 5 pitch, taking 9 wickets not so easy.

Sehwag was a bloody demon!! Hopefully now he's out there might be a bit more stability from England.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 14 2008, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well given how Sehwag batted I don't think it's a case of their head being elsewhere and he's possibly put India in the driving seat, 250 runs in a day is more than doable even if it is a day 5 pitch, taking 9 wickets not so easy.[/b]
Bare in mind my comments were made before Sehwags innings.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Dec 14 2008, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 14 2008, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well given how Sehwag batted I don't think it's a case of their head being elsewhere and he's possibly put India in the driving seat, 250 runs in a day is more than doable even if it is a day 5 pitch, taking 9 wickets not so easy.[/b]
Bare in mind my comments were made before Sehwags innings.
[/b][/quote]

yeah I know but I still think the point is valid

Granted but India`s batsmen were never going to all be as poor again in the 2nd innings.

India have found themselves in a great position. Tendulkar and Yuvraj are batting together and are looking very stable. On top of that, they need 120-odd runs from just over 50 overs.

And I'd like to congratulate Andrew Strauss for scoring the two hundreds in one test match. Great effort considering it's being played in India where many batsmen struggle to score big.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Dec 15 2008, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
India have found themselves in a great position. Tendulkar and Yuvraj are batting together and are looking very stable. On top of that, they need 120-odd runs from just over 50 overs.

And I'd like to congratulate Andrew Strauss for scoring the two hundreds in one test match. Great effort considering it's being played in India where many batsmen struggle to score big.[/b]

some effort but it's appears to be all for nothing now as Yuvraj and Sachin look set to take India to victory. England will be kicking themselves if they let this chance go.

Yep. Given that the pitch was turning and had irregular bounce available from day one, you'd have to look at the bowling and question how they let so much go so quickly.

India love chasing a target and when you get an attack in the second innings like England offered then it's no wonder they chased it down, could have been very different though had Cook caught Sehwag on 26, wouldn't have given India the impetus that it did.

Gambhir and Dravid leading the way on day 2 in the first session but all England in the second session with 4 wickets for 54 runs, would have been even sweeter had Cook not dropped Yuvraj, what odds now he goes on to take the match away from England?

Latest posts