• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Post-WC discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuilagi saying his "assault by beating" was about as mild as it could have possibly been- just pulling his hands away from the police officers, apparently.

He didn't mention the taxi driver though...

Tuilagi saying his "assault by beating" was about as mild as it could have possibly been- just pulling his hands away from the police officers, apparently.

Lol that makes me laugh. I only meant to lay hands on the police officer!

Tuilagi just needs to go away, get fit, learn how to pass and come back fit and ready to offer something to rugby again.

He needs a break but I feel tigers will just play him as soon as he is fit without getting him back to 100%.

Yet he pleaded guilty!

He said he grabbed the Taxi driver.

Yet he pleaded guilty!

I think it's perfectly plausible that whatever he did wouldn't be considered assault by most people.
Legal definitions are often a world away from the general consensus.

Last edited:
I don't think he was actually charged for any action against the taxi driver, only criminal damage and assault against the police officers? So my bad, yup.

According to what he's saying, he was told to plead guilty to get the case over quickly and prevent it dragging on. It actually only took one day to settle.

In his interview he stated he was injured for the World Cup anyway . I expect they wanted it put to bed so he, Leicester and England can move on

Not sure where you are going with this but you only would "plea bargain" where you felt your case had less than 50/50 chance of success surely?

By copping the plea you have accepted your guilt so should not bleat about it afterward in an attempt to mitigate the damage for PR reasons and certainly not expect Joe Public to believe you!!

Not sure where you are going with this but you only would "plea bargain" where you felt your case had less than 50/50 chance of success surely?

By copping the plea you have accepted your guilt so should not bleat about it afterward in an attempt to mitigate the damage for PR reasons and certainly not expect Joe Public to believe you!!
The voice of reason speaks? To be honest bro......you don't have a leg to stand on

Actually I have two and a brain to ignore anything you spout!!

Hopefully the 12trees move will allow Atkinson to play his way into the team at 12. I still think he is the most promising English inside centre.

Well this thread becomes relative again:

For me my England set up for 2015 6N's

Head Coach: Baxter
Backs Coach: Daryl Gibson or King
Forwards Coach: Rowntree
Lineout consultant: Borthwick

Team:
1) Vunipola, Mullan
2) George, Youngs, Cowan-Dickie
3) Cole, Brookes, Thomas
4) Launchbury, Slater
5) Kitchener, Lawes
6) Ewers, Itojie
7) Kvesic
8) Vunipola, Morgan
9) Youngs, Simpson, Robson,
10) Cips, Slade, Ford
11) May, Wade
12) Eastmond, Manu
13) Joesph, Daly
14) Watson
15) Brown, Pennell

Saxons
1) Auterac, Waller
2) Taylor, (someone)
3) Sinckler, Balmain
4) Stooke, Matthews
5) Garvey, Barrow
6) Clifford, Wilson
7) Gibson, Jones
8) Beaumont, Pearce
9) Harrison, Cook
10) Farrell, Burns
11) Yarde, Sharples
12) Addison, (?)
13) Nowell, Stephenson
14) Roko, Thompstone
15) Lewington, Tait

Honestly not fully looked at some teams so people will prob disagree with most. And I'm being harsh on some.

IMO Wade needs to be given a proper chance to see if he is really Test standard (I'm not to sure though).

Our lineout has stuttered at regular intervals over the last four years, we've not had a maul worth balls throughout and our breakdown skills have rarely looked good enough; I don't get why Rowntree should be kept.

Just a little teeney weenie bit Tigers biased perchance?

Only thing I would pick on,as it is late, is the obvious one. Farrell showed tonight that, at the very worst, he is worth a place on the bench whether it Cips or Ford that starts!

Just a little teeney weenie bit Tigers biased perchance?

Only thing I would pick on,as it is late, is the obvious one. Farrell showed tonight that, at the very worst, he is worth a place on the bench whether it Cips or Ford that starts!

Maybe Saxons but not England only because I know more there players (only Pearce and Thompstone would be 50/50 for me there).

Kitchener should be in there IMO, Slater 50/50.

Our lineout has stuttered at regular intervals over the last four years, we've not had a maul worth balls throughout and our breakdown skills have rarely looked good enough; I don't get why Rowntree should be kept.

Mainly because I can't think of anyone else.

I put Borthwick down as Lineout consultant (as he has just signed a deal with Bristol) so that should sort out Lineout and Mail. Breakdown is because we don't pick those types of players.

Mainly because I can't think of anyone else.

I put Borthwick down as Lineout consultant (as he has just signed a deal with Bristol) so that should sort out Lineout and Mail. Breakdown is because we don't pick those types of players.

Isn't Borthwick with Japan? (Or am I getting my players mixed up again?)

No he is but is leaving them for Bristol forwards end of World Cup.

Although he might try to back out.

Yeah, I get the feeling he may become slightly more prominent after this WC. Would like to see Japan keep the coaching team together and try to continue their development.

Yeah, I get the feeling he may become slightly more prominent after this WC. Would like to see Japan keep the coaching team together and try to continue their development.

It's a shame that ATM Borthwick and Jones are leaving them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts