• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Post-WC discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me like such a technical difference that is no difference at all....he could have gone to one of the, too, many so called universities in England unless he is studying Welsh?!!

What he's done is gone to another part of the same country to continue his education. The higher education system in the United Kingdom is universal. It's common for students end up in different parts of the United Kingdom; I'm English and went through exactly the same system as Scots when I went to Edinburgh.

Steffon Armitage has left both England and the United Kingdom to enter a separate labour market in order to earn more money and enjoy a different lifestyle/culture.

One is caused by an odd difference in legal and sporting boundaries, the other is caused by what appears to be stubborn avarice.

Sounds to me like such a technical difference that is no difference at all....he could have gone to one of the, too, many so called universities in England unless he is studying Welsh?!!
Economics.

You have to remember that people apply for universities typically at the beginning of the previous term, so he'll have sent his applications in around December last year. I presume he picked Cardiff because, at the time, he was in the Gloucester academy, and Cardiff was in travelling distance. Then he got an opportunity to accelerate his growth at Ospreys by bumping himself up the pecking order, and it was still in travelling distance of Cardiff.

I doubt he knew he was going to accelerate up the ranks so fast and could have had his pick of teams to play for. Then again, I doubt he'd have had the opportunity to have a pick of the teams unless he went to Ospreys and showed his mettle to begin with anyway.

12417920_1129231297089795_3679708917529183044_n.png

More CB's and DB since his prem debut than any other player.

He's the Ashton replacement, according to Foy.

Was about to ask who's replacing Ashton, can't think of anyone more deserving than Rokoduguni.

Last edited:
Lewington?

Roko's been playing better for longer at a higher level (well, Champions rugby rather than Challengers). Considering as well his single cap, injury, then total abandonment, Lewington can wait his turn.

OK OK just a suggestion! FFS Personally like Roko watched play for the army a few times.

Didn't want to seem aggressive there- Lewington's definitely one for the future.

Strange how England's wing stocks can have so much depth while, until recently, having no stand out performers. It's only since Watson, Nowell and May have put their hands up that we've had a nailed on wing since Ashton's gradual loss of form.

I'm actually a little annoyed about his ban- was incredibly intrigued as to what Jones could have got out of him.

Didn't want to seem aggressive there- Lewington's definitely one for the future.

Strange how England's wing stocks can have so much depth while, until recently, having no stand out performers. It's only since Watson, Nowell and May have put their hands up that we've had a nailed on wing since Ashton's gradual loss of form.

I'm actually a little annoyed about his ban- was incredibly intrigued as to what Jones could have got out of him.

I'm not, why waste time seeing what he can get out of Ashton when we can see what he can get out of Roko?

Roko - Faster, stronger, more aggressive, better step, good under high ball, decent kick
Ashton - Can splash

I'm not, why waste time seeing what he can get out of Ashton when we can see what he can get out of Roko?

Roko - Faster, stronger, more aggressive, better step, good under high ball, decent kick
Ashton - Can splash

Does a good impression of a punch bag too

Lewington has been class in a poor team for a couple of seasons. I know every one loves Roko but he does have it rather easier at Bath. Also I know Ashtons defence is awful however he does run brilliant support lines,

For now, Jones will have the backing of the RFU and fans to experiment and try a few things. If he didn't deem a 28 year old good enough for the original squad I can't see him reverting that way now, especially when there seem to be viable younger options. That said, at 25 later this year, Lewington is a little older than I thought.

If he didn't deem a 28 year old good enough for the original squad I can't see him reverting that way now, especially when there seem to be viable younger options. That said, at 25 later this year, Lewington is a little older than I thought.
Lets be clear here he deemed it worthwhile keeping Ashton than getting Roko in the EPS over his 11 other changes. I don't think we can really say much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts