• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2020/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

What do people think? Think i preferred the previous retro jersey by Nike in 2010

View attachment 9120
Thats just awful, the Rose looks so bad? Prefer the old one too. Faur enough alot of designs come through but who actually signs off on these horrible kits we see these days?

Terrible effort. Why in god's name would O2 be relevant for a 150th anniversary jersey FFS?

What do people think? Think i preferred the previous retro jersey by Nike in 2010

View attachment 9120
Being entirely modern doesn't really scream "retro" to me

Listening to Rugby Union Weekly this week, Care mentions it would be interesting to see who turns down England places due to having to be away from family for that long - it basically sounded like he was talking about Marler to me.

Just speculation but Mako is facing a race to be fit for the 6N and that just leaves us with Genge and perhaps Obano?

If Odogwu is also in (as is being reported) then who misses out?

Its a nothing year..should we take the chance to look at the problem areas...

Number 8 (without Billy)
15 - Is Steward the new lad to make that his own?

If Odogwu is also in (as is being reported) then who misses out?
Whichever of Thorley/Marchant would've made the cut, I guess

Would be very surprised if Odogwu made a reduced squad, though - as good as he's been he does have some flaws, and Eddie likes his backs to be kickers and/or moonlight as 15s, neither of which he is

Can we not "rest" a few and give some on the fringe a go. Odogwu etc being called up might suggest that.
Definitely could do, but does Eddie do things like that?
His strategy in the autumn suggests he's interested in results over squad depth/longevity

Listening to Rugby Union Weekly this week, Care mentions it would be interesting to see who turns down England places due to having to be away from family for that long - it basically sounded like he was talking about Marler to me.
Going to be a common thing in pro-sport until the situation is sorted time in bubbles has been huge. Think it will be a lesser factor for the 6 nations but people may forgoe a Lions tour (in whatever form that might take) if they don't think they'll make the starting 23.

Whichever of Thorley/Marchant would've made the cut, I guess

Would be very surprised if Odogwu made a reduced squad, though - as good as he's been he does have some flaws, and Eddie likes his backs to be kickers and/or moonlight as 15s, neither of which he is
is Eddie still looking for a "big carrier" in the backs with manu out of the picture now. . Lawrence is still be be proven despite some good defensive performances, Cockasaniga never fit, so maybe Odogwu is the next cab off the rank...

If we pick Odogwu over Lawrence I'll be ******,
Lawrence has a proven track record at u20s and club level, and was one of the few bright sparks in the autumn - I know he's had injuries but he deserves that spot.

If we pick Odogwu (and I'm not against it - just would be surprised considering the reduced squad) it should be for Marchant or Thorley, neither of whom seem to be very far up Eddie's pecking order

Definitely could do, but does Eddie do things like that?
His strategy in the autumn suggests he's interested in results over squad depth/longevity
True, but this whole covid / lockdown BS is doing all sorts even to the strongest mentally...

If we pick Odogwu over Lawrence I'll be ******,
Lawrence has a proven track record at u20s and club level, and was one of the few bright sparks in the autumn - I know he's had injuries but he deserves that spot.

If we pick Odogwu (and I'm not against it, in theory - just would be surprised considering the reduced squad) it should be for Marchant or Thorley, neither of whom seem to be very far up Eddie's pecking order
10 Marcus Smith
11 May / (Radwan ;) )
12 Lawrence
13 Odogwu
14 Watson / Thorley
15 Steward (The young rock at the back)

Watch the fireworks go...:D

Guess so. Quite forgotten that our ex RL skills coach Jason Ryles is marooned in Australia until the summer too.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts