• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Rugby 2020/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see him hold tackle bags for the playing squad for 5 matches while Youngs and Heinz gain much needed experience.
With 28players I can't see EJ having three scrumhalves (he only took two to a world cup!)

Robson binned off?

I'm not sure Eddie would take 3 scrum halfs in a 28 man squad; he only took two to the world cup and we o my saw 3 in the 6N because Heinz got injured.

I suspect it just means Youngs plays 80, but maybe Eddie will surprise us and go Robson Randall

With 28players I can't see EJ having three scrumhalves (he only took two to a world cup!)

Robson binned off?
Mail reporting all 3 are in. Watch us take

4 second rows, 5 back rowers, 7 front rowers, 3 SH, 2 fh, 5 back 3 and 2 centres I reckon.

Right, my final prediction -

Mako, Genge, Obano (unless Marler actually wants to go.

George, LCD

Sinks and Stuart (watch the rfu meddle with his ban)

Itoje, hill, launchbury, ewels

Curry, Underhill, Billy, earl, Willis

Youngs, Randall, Robson

Faz, Ford

Slade, Joseph,

Daly, May, Watson, Malins, Odogwu

Feel confident about that, which means I've missed something glaring!

Well seems the Jocks

4 second rows, 5 back rowers, 7 front rowers, 3 SH, 2 fh, 5 back 3 and 2 centres I reckon.

George, LCD

Youngs, Randall, Robson

Faz, Ford

Slade, Joseph,

If that's what he goes with, I'd be pretty happy. Personally I'd like to see how Willis goes at 8. Yeah I know I've whinged about playing players out of position but he seems he could do Vunipolas game and more. Plus the jackalling power of Curry, Underhill, Willis and Itoje all in the forwards at the same time is ridiculous, such a change from just 4 years ago.

I'd like to see JJ replaced at some point. I used to be a fan but just haven't seen him do much in games recently apart from the odd spark. Form fell off a while ago and doesn't seem to have returned. He's not bad and not someone we need to replace but he's just sort of "there" at the moment. Games go by and I wouldn't know if he played in them or not.

George, LCD

Youngs, Randall, Robson

Faz, Ford

Slade, Joseph,

Is odogwu acctually a thing? He's class there is no doubt but doesnt he have that classic problem you get from great attacking players? Weak in defence?.

Knowing EJ he will try and make him into a Kyle Eastmond style 12...

Id be happy with that team btw even with Odogwu as i said he's class it's just is he ready

Well seems the Jocks

If that's what he goes with, I'd be pretty happy. Personally I'd like to see how Willis goes at 8. Yeah I know I've whinged about playing players out of position but he seems he could do Vunipolas game and more. Plus the jackalling power of Curry, Underhill, Willis and Itoje all in the forwards at the same time is ridiculous, such a change from just 4 years ago.

I'd like to see JJ replaced at some point. I used to be a fan but just haven't seen him do much in games recently apart from the odd spark. Form fell off a while ago and doesn't seem to have returned. He's not bad and not someone we need to replace but he's just sort of "there" at the moment. Games go by and I wouldn't know if he played in them or not.
As we're getting the hang of jackalling it can't be long before it gets banned on concussion grounds and real rucking - where the emphasis is on driving over the ball - gets brought back.

Agree totally on JJ. He's now a won't do anything stupid or interesting safe 2nd / 3rd choice OC. And I will scream if I see him anywhere near the wing. Time to move on.

Haven't followed it too closely but given the Sco and Wal squads I'm assuming 28 was our own choice and not imposed?

Haven't followed it too closely but given the Sco and Wal squads I'm assuming 28 was our own choice and not imposed?
Aye, I imagine it was a compromise between RFU and PRL:
RFU saying they want to keep the entire team in a bubble at their training ground, and not release anyone back to their clubs, to minimise risk of infection - PRL says that's OK as long as you take the minimum number of players you can manage

Aye, I imagine it was a compromise between RFU and PRL:
RFU saying they want to keep the entire team in a bubble at their training ground, and not release anyone back to their clubs, to minimise risk of infection - PRL says that's OK as long as you take the minimum number of players you can manage
It makes logical sense if those 5 players are unlikely to see a game its better for them to be playing than having a 2 month rest then be in the tail end of the season.

George, LCD

Youngs, Randall, Robson

Faz, Ford

Slade, Joseph,

Lawes for ewels

George, LCD

Youngs, Randall, Robson

Faz, Ford

Slade, Joseph,

No Lawrence? Pretty sure he'd be in there.

Am I the only one fantasising about a future powerhouse backline of Tuilagi and Lawrence at centre, Odogwu and Earl on the wing and Cokanasiga at fullback?

Cokanasiga at fullback
Just imagine how bad that would be, haha - shades of when we shoehorned Ugo in there, and Cueto had to take over because he was so shocking.

Tuilagi will be gone to France or Japan at the end of the season, Sanderson has alluded to not offering him a new contract and I doubt anyone else in the Prem would be willing to pay as much as he wants, for as little as he plays.

Just imagine how bad that would be, haha - shades of when we shoehorned Ugo in there, and Cueto had to take over because he was so shocking.

Tuilagi will be gone to France or Japan at the end of the season, Sanderson has alluded to not offering him a new contract and I doubt anyone else in the Prem would be willing to pay as much as he wants, for as little as he plays.
You're ruining my fantasy! :mad:

To be fair, Odogwu doesn't even have a cap yet and Earl on the wing has really been more Eddie talk than actual play, so it was pretty far fetched anyway. :)

Maybe for Joseph or Malins? I'm not sure where he fits if Odogwu is in
I dunno, I wonder if Odogwu is just paper talk. Lawrence was starting at 13 in the ANC and was only dropped due to injury. If he's fit, I think Eddie sticks with him as his starting 13. He didn't set the world on fire, but he didn't do anything wrong and he has bags of potential. Eddie stuck with Slade in similar circumstances and he turned out alright.

The only issue I see with Lawrence is that he's been out injured recently (last game was Boxing day, and he only played one other this season for Wuss) - he was due back for the two Europe rounds but....yeah
If there's questions over his match fitness he might miss out - as I said, above, though: He'd probably be my starter this tournament, just to see where his level/ceiling really is. Because he showed a lot of promise, and was improving every game, in the Autumn.

Just so everyone's aware: I'll lock this thread for the duration of the 6N, and make a 6N squad thread when the team is announced later.
Better to keep everything in one place - in previous years we've had to same posts/conversations happening in multiple threads all over the place, was a right mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts