• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Saxon Squad

H

Hobb5y

Squad has been named for Saxon's Churchill Cup

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/6616051.stm

Squad as follows:
England Saxons squad:

Forwards: Richard Blaze (Worcester), Chris Brooker (Harlequins from 1 July), John Brooks (Northampton), Jordan Crane (Leicester), Tom Croft (Leicester), Phil Dowson (Newcastle), Jim Evans (Harlequins), Jack Forster (Gloucester), James Haskell (Wasps), Neal Hatley (London Irish), Nick Kennedy (London Irish), Michael Lipman (Bath), Tom Mercey (Saracens), David Paice (London Irish), Kieran Roche (London Irish), David Seymour (Saracens), Will Skinner (Harlequins), Ben Skirving (Saracens), Matt Thompson (Newcastle), Ben Woods (Newcastle).

Backs: Nick Abendanon (Bath), Delon Armitage (London Irish), Iain Balshaw (Gloucester), Olly Barkley (Bath), Danny Cipriani (Wasps), Lee Dickson (Newcastle), Paul Diggin (Northampton), Ayoola Erinle (Wasps), Shane Geraghty (London Irish), Adrian Jarvis (Harlequins), Ryan Lamb (Gloucester), Nils Mordt (London Irish), Topsy Ojo (London Irish), Paul Sackey (Wasps), Dan Scarbrough (Saracens), Kevin Sorrell (Saracens), Tom Voyce (Wasps), Richard Wigglesworth (Sale).

What would you start with? I think its a pretty strong team, happy i'm going to see the USA game now.

Where the f***ing f*** is Dan Hipkiss?

We've tried every other centre in the country except him and Jon Clarke, so neither of them, with particular note to Hipkiss, gets a chance at international level.

They can't possibly want to rest him with the RWC so close, he needs to be given the chance to push for a spot.

On the plus side it's good to see Diggin getting a shot, he's been better then Reihana at Full back in recent weeks.

Of course, he'll never get a full cap because he doesn't play for one of the RFU's holy trinity, but it's a start.

Clarke I honestly didn't expect to see in the list mainly down to the injury but yea Hipkiss is on form at the moment. Also annoyed at the choice of Wigglesworth, he can be good but recently he doesn't seem to understand the term quick ball takes him about an hour to get the ball out of a ruck, now to be fair this could be down to how slow Lee Thomas is when moving about the park but for me I would have taken Ben Foden, young got pace and could be great scrum half one day.

Thinking about it, I'd have given Danny Care a run. The sooner he overtakes Harry Ellis as Ashtons pet, the better.

How long have they been calling the squad the Saxons? I know recently I've heard it, but does it have a long tradition? And, while we're at it...why the Saxons? Weren't they pretty much the ******** of British history...no wait, that was the english.

Ooooo, and he get's another pot shot in...below the belt...haha!

Just a joke, just a joke. :bleh!:

personally i like these historical, tribal names - anything from the days of full-scale city riots and brawls, wenching and general continental warfare and viking mayhem...

anyway back to England - that looks like a really strong Churchill Cup team - i've seen some of these guys play sevens - plus Cipriani has been a real talent for Wasps - plenty of GP and Heineken Cup experience for many of these young guns - good luck USA, however with our current structure we've got no chance to compete with the likes of tier one nations like the NZ Maori in this competition.

Found out that for the England vs USA game the wasps, Leicester and bath players are out. I'm not worried about the game think England should still win but I think it will be a lot closer now.

Technically the United States was still part of of our colonies back then, so in fact we beat ourselves.

Nice try though.

No, actually, we'll have as much fun beating you as we did last year, and the year before that and the year before that.

Actually, we'll have as much fun as we did when we beat you guys in the 4 x 100m relay and thus shut the stupid gob of the arrogant nob Michael Johnson who was a "pundit" on the BBC's Olympic coverage and spent the entire two weeks taking the **** out of Great Britain.

Yeah...I'm not responsible for the comments of most American Athletes...they have a history of talking out of their asses...look at Ali "I'm the Greatest!"

Where the f***ing f*** is Dan Hipkiss?

We've tried every other centre in the country except him and Jon Clarke, so neither of them, with particular note to Hipkiss, gets a chance at international level.

They can't possibly want to rest him with the RWC so close, he needs to be given the chance to push for a spot.
[/b]

He choked in the heineken cup final. And poor old Jon Clarke won't be getting a chance for another year. I think Tait does well. Does anyone else rate him? England have had a problem at centre ever since Greenwood left. In the saxons game i thought flood didn't do to badly either. Deffinatley a good boot needed at 12!

Clever and fast, but simply not bulky enough, yet.

Now is Andy Farrell were to...hey! Where are you all going?! Come back!

I don't see the huge problem. It's like everyone in league is a centre and they share the same skills. Someone with that capability in League should be able to transfer - tiquiri? and that dual welshmen. But i still don't think he's right for a centre. And he's not got enough time to learn the game as a flanker. put lewsey in at 12! bish bash bosh

Latest posts