• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England should adopt Australia's style

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 18 2008, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rugby League International Federation.

Whenever I hear "Federation" I hear Captain Janeway's voice. I also hear the name "Starship Enterprise" a split second later.[/b]

Really? When I hear "Federation" I hear WW<strike>F</strike>E owner Vince McMahon sneering:

<div align='center'>WELCOME TO THE X! F! LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!</div>

And we all know how well the XFL went, didn't we lads? :lol:

Anyway, what exactly is Australia's style? Isn't League all about just running at people and slipping out of tackles, failing four or five times and then trying a chip and chase?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 21 2008, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 18 2008, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rugby League International Federation.

Whenever I hear "Federation" I hear Captain Janeway's voice. I also hear the name "Starship Enterprise" a split second later.[/b]

Really? When I hear "Federation" I hear WW<strike>F</strike>E owner Vince McMahon sneering:

<DIV align="center">WELCOME TO THE X! F! LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

And we all know how well the XFL went, didn't we lads? :lol:

Anyway, what exactly is Australia's style? Isn't League all about just running at people and slipping out of tackles, failing four or five times and then trying a chip and chase?
[/b][/quote]
No no...it is much much more than that......

Plenty of pace in the backs. Their pack is no better than ours at the moment, but their backs hammer ours.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 21 2008, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 20 2008, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No no...it is much much more than that......[/b]

Try and run around them as well?
[/b][/quote]
Running around...no no not at all.  Running around is a big no no.  I was talking about the optional drop kick in the last 5 minutes....

You don't realise how sad I look right now. :(

I thought you were going to drop some knowledge...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 20 2008, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 20 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't realise how sad I look right now. :(

I thought you were going to drop some knowledge...[/b]

Rugby league
[/b][/quote]

The guy who does those is simply hilarious - Personal fav is the wrap on Canada at the last world cup

And the game plan comparrison between the French national side and the All Blacks