• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Team Now That Jones Has Come In?

Hartley? Ashton? no Tom Youngs......... Massive step back with some swaps. The only records we will get will be for cards. Almost expected to hear Easter was resurrected again.:wall:

I'm thinking that Ashton is just a short term solution to round out the back-line, I assume Wade gets a shot once he regains fitness, and maybe May too once he recovers from surgery. I'm also bit surprised by the dropping of Youngs especially considering that I don't think LCD is ready for Intl play yet. But on the whole it seems like Jones is giving a lot of the younger talent a fighters chance to make the squad. I didn't even know who Paul Hill was till I just looked him up online, and it turns out he's a 20 year old prop! Jones certainly seems to have an eye on 2019.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/19/eddie-jones-cv-australia-japan-brumbies-england.

That is an ok CV but over 20 years, has he really been that successful or is it that England supporters "want" him to be successful?

Will be interesting to see how long it is before those "bigging" him up turn on him (likewise the press) either on playing style or results and maybe both!!!

There's a very short list of guys who've been more successful over 20 years in rugby and the failures are no bad thing assuming he's learned from them.

But no, his past record does not indicate a guaranteed messiah and I do have some substantial doubts over this - at least there's reasons to believe as well this time.

Wasn't our best guy in terms of CV in the professional era Andy Robinson?

Very little head coaching experience before taking on the England job - I think Ashton had more.

Latest posts