Replacements
16. George Chuter (Leicester Tigers)
17. Matt Stevens (Bath Rugby)
18. Martin Corry (Leicester Tigers)
19. Lewis Moody (Leicester Tigers)
20. Peter Richards (London Irish)
21. TBC
22. Mathew Tait (Newcastle Falcons)

not a bad line up i think pretty powerful pack, wilkinson has twisted his ankle in training, dont know what to make of the backs but will have to see how they do

Enough to beat the states, **** side though.

And shock-of-all-horrors, Wilkinson is crocked... While Barkley is the only back-up fly half... <_<

I do prefer that backline as there is NO ANDY FARRELL...

Could still be rather interesting... My view is that this squad is nothing to go on... South Africa will be entirely different and so will the squad against Samoa... still rather interesting... the saviour of English Rugby is playing as well...

Mite give Barkley a Chance, he may actually perform well enough to prove you wrong but to be honest your just will never accept that any player out of Bath would be good enough for the England Squad and they should all come from Northampton, where the first team is made up of Englishmen!!!

Where do you get this idea I dislike him because he's from Bath? I dislike him because he's f-ing useless. I merely stated the only reason he's in the England team is because he plays for Bath.

Whatever club side any of these lot play for is irrelivent for the next 6 weeks.

Until Barkley f***s it up and I can blame Bath! ;)

It's an ok side to open with. I'd rather see Robinson swap with Cueto and replace LBND with Easter, but it's a strong pack with Shaw and Kay picked on form in the engine room.

If Wilkinson's injury keeps him out of the first couple of group matches we're going to have a major problem getting points on the board against the Boks.

What's yer Plan B, Brian?

Can't believe Noon is starting ahead of Hipkiss. No offense to the USA side, but this would be the perfect opportunity to try out a Catt-Hipkiss combination which could prove to be useful as the tournament progresses.

And Dallaglio's past it, but we all knew that anyway.

Where do you get this idea I dislike him because he's from Bath? I dislike him because he's f-ing useless. [/b]
Cant argue with that really. From an Irish point of view, seeing Barkley play at 10 for England was always a good sign for us. Right up there with Balshaw at 15.

Can't believe Noon is starting ahead of Hipkiss. No offense to the USA side, but this would be the perfect opportunity to try out a Catt-Hipkiss combination which could prove to be useful as the tournament progresses. [/b]
A bit late to be experimenting really. Ashton had to make a call on the 12-13 combination before the tournament started.

When the hell has Barkley ever had a bad game for England (including the France defeat where his two penalties were long range). I appreciate he appears to have no head on his shoulders with regards t gettig in trouble but he is a decent back up FH. Tbh I'd rather him than Wallace, Gordon Ross etc. I guess my point is he's miles above Balshaw's standard (but I guess anyone with two legs can be classed in this category.

I'm just disappointed he's in to face the USA. I reckon he could surprise a few of you. I'm disappointed with the selection of Noon but I wil give him every oppurtunity to change my image of him.

As for why Chuter is in the squad let alone the match day 22 is beyond me. He appears to have no head on his shoulders but just runs round, manically and unawares, leaving a trail of penalties wherever he goes. ***terell, Cairns all better options.

I hate Dayglo. I think Stevens deserves a starting spot (I still don't think Sheridan's all he's cracked up to be, and Vickery's not fit) but other than those two points I think the pack is near our best.

Tbh I see no hope of scoring tries with that side against any half-decent opposition. Hence why our backline and pack loks so defencive. It's going to be a long world cup.

I do prefer that backline as there is NO ANDY FARRELL...[/b]

My heart weeps bitter tears of rage upon hearing that our national saviour will not be starting...... :lol:

As for the rest of the team, I too am puzzled about why Hipkiss hasn't been given another run and this time with Catt. Leave the pack to take it on with the others, the backs can run around any obstacles...in theory anyway.

The most annoying thing is that to replace Dayglo we have...er...nobody! Woot! Probably to rub salt into the wound, Ashton will swap Rees for Worsley half way through the match.

Despite the injury to Wilkinson, England will likely win soundly.

Basauri might encourage the team to be courageous, but that only goes so far. It's great to see USA in the Cup, but I think it's a bit much to expect any sort of success; especially against England.

It should be a great experience for the players, and ideally the games aren't too painful to watch from a supporter's perspective.

Latest posts