• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England!!!!!!!!!!! (The FIFA 2006 thread)

saintsfan are you real, fifa is the arcade game, pro evo is a simulation,
granted the interface will tell you differently, but you dont hav fixed banana shot on pes.

I have played FIFA2006 and was not really impressed. Admittedly it was a demo game and I only played a couple of half games. I thought that the control was unresponsive and it didn't really feel like a football game. The graphics reminded me of Rugby 2k5 and I guess that is where it started going wrong for me.

I know that I should really play the game some more - after all I didn't even read the manual or anything but I always get scared with forking out loads of dosh on a EA football game. I remember World Cup 2002 vividly and still have nightmares.

WC2002 was a good game; Fifa 2001 and 2002 were shocking though.

The Fifa series started to find it's feet in 2004 since the next-gen cockups, and it's improving every year. At this rate the next one I buy (2008, only get one every 2 years) will be a blinder.

People (and more specifically, the press) always slag Fifa off just because they used to over hype the early Fifa games than were disapointed with '96 on the Saturn and PSX.

true fifa has had a bad reputation....but really this games good, its just people hate it.

just like gta SA its really bad atm making it harder to buy the next gta.

I like it, I reckon it's realistic, but still acardish enoguh to be fun (Unlike PES which is realistic, but boring ****)

as well as that, Manager Mode is probably the 4th best Franchise Mode ive seen in a Sports Video game (Behind Madden, NBA 2K6 and NHL 2K5)

I have been playing fifa 06 for a while (ok not a while just yesterday but it was most of yesterday) and i loved it. i havn't seen pro evo 5 for hire anywhere but will hire it out to have a look at it at some point.

its all good

Jus t going back to Loratines comment about the striker getting caught....................yes there are 4 different speeds when you have the ball. The top speed is as fast as you can run without the ball however you don't control it that well.

Kaftka with your CF not coming into the box..................have you tried activitaing the "strategies." I sometimes have both CA and WP on all the time when choosing attacking strategies and it really changes the teams movements when I have the ball
<
...........my poor team
<
they must seriously hate me forcing them to run up and down the paddock non stop
<
So experiment with these strategies Kaftka and you will see big differences in the way the team attacks............also try out the defence options.........these help a lot against a human player if you know their attacking style (for instance someone who plays the chip through ball style can be outdone with the offside trap strategy selected).

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 31 2005, 06:38 PM
Jus t going back to Loratines comment about the striker getting caught....................yes there are 4 different speeds when you have the ball. The top speed is as fast as you can run without the ball however you don't control it that well.

Kaftka with your CF not coming into the box..................have you tried activitaing the "strategies." I sometimes have both CA and WP on all the time when choosing attacking strategies and it really changes the teams movements when I have the ball
<
...........my poor team
<
they must seriously hate me forcing them to run up and down the paddock non stop
<
So experiment with these strategies Kaftka and you will see big differences in the way the team attacks............also try out the defence options.........these help a lot against a human player if you know their attacking style (for instance someone who plays the chip through ball style can be outdone with the offside trap strategy selected).
Yeah, I figured it out a wee while ago by looking in the manual. I selected BO (I would have thought that would be the first thing I would do, what with my immature sense of humour) which made him go up....

I would have thought the CF would be up there immediately anyway, especially when no one else is....

I'm loving the manager mode as well. Ended up spending a lot more than I should have on one player, who was meant to be my star player, only to have him pick up three, yes THREE, injuries in one season.

...Then I figured out the reason why he cost so damn much, Manager whatsisface wasn't prestigious enough..... Geez....Or as Lora would say, Geese. Good fun though..Must look into getting Pro Evo 5, but.

i have been playing a franchinse with my crappy team shresbery (iknow nothing about soccer i like playing the game but hate watching/following it)

my team sux big time, i am winning games, just and by spectacular goals. mostly headers crossed into the box that look wicked
<
makes it feel like its doing what i ask
<

i had no problem with 05 either as i loved that game, actually i have played almost all of the fifa series, still none of the pes series just because of lack of the game to rent

Scored a great goal from my striker at Dalas FC (i got fired from the Shresbery job, it was awesome he missed the goal by about 3 feet and celebrated the goal everyone was running around. i was thinking "didn't i miss that?" showed my flatmate the replay and OMG it missed by heaps and they still gave me the goal that was shocking, but funny
<

just thought i would share that bug with you guys
<

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 3 2005, 09:41 PM
Scored a great goal from my striker at Dalas FC (i got fired from the Shresbery job, it was awesome he missed the goal by about 3 feet and celebrated the goal everyone was running around. i was thinking "didn't i miss that?" showed my flatmate the replay and OMG it missed by heaps and they still gave me the goal that was shocking, but funny
<

<
And that is why Pro Evo is better than FIFA...
<

england have been **** for a while now, even the USA is rated above them
<

why don't they fire the coach already? he must have the goods on someone to still keep his job

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 4 2005, 08:41 AM
<

<
GOLD WOOSAH...GOLD
<
<

EA terrorists!!!!
<
<

hey i was loosing the game 2 that made the score 1-1 then somehow they scored an own goal (well they said it was an own goal but it just deflected off one of their players so i wouldn't count it as one)

i still love this game
<
i still havn't seen pes out for hire anywhere

Originally posted by woosaah@Nov 4 2005, 12:19 PM
i still havn't seen pes out for hire anywhere
from my past experience video stores never get non 'EA' sports games...except rugby league

Either they:
a. dont know any better
b. have an EA contract
c. cant get their rental mits on it, as everyone has already bought it

Rental is a major way of publising a game

People wont fork out $100 without trying a game, thus anything that fails to go to rent @ video stores etc, consequently get beat up in the sales sector

Unless of course you abuse the EB retail policy of taking back before 1 week, but then your committing to $100 store credit...so its a tuff ask.

Originally posted by stranger@Nov 3 2005, 11:37 PM
england have been **** for a while now, even the USA is rated above them
<
<
<
<

Don't even bother thinking about the FIFA rankings!

I thought this thread was about the World Cup/England beating Poland? Not the game, but to go with everyone else.

I prefer the feel, enviroment, and the touch FIFA has, the last 2 games didnt show this but, FIFA 2006 is the real deal. Played it on PS2 and Xbox, Xbox was far superior. Sleaker graphics, smoother movements, still remained nice and sharp.

PE is not a favourite of mine anymore, too be honest it never was..
<

Oh well.

England, they will reach knockout stages but go no further.

And

FIFA kicks Evo's buttocks.

There, thats my opinion on the whole 2-way subject/thread....
<

Latest posts