• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v Australia

A

An Tarbh

Well we've had the topsy turvy nature of the test matches but now they're straight back into the action with the One Dayers. It does look like there's too many ODIs, would have thought 5 is more than enough, although given what happened today, 5 might be all we get. Unsurprisingly we get another wash out at Old Trafford, don't think there's been a full match when Sky cameras have been there this year, correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway the second match is again at Old Trafford on Tuesday, so maybe they'll be luckier then.

Decent effort from England to restrict Australia to 145 but they might be relieved that it was rained off given the start the openers made.

more f***ing poor organisation from the ECB. we have won the ashes. o wait we have to go play the aussies all over again, this time in hundreds of matches that are so similar they merge into one another.

Best thing to have happened this season is that the counties have decided to get rid of the 50 over competition. Hopefully there's the start of the end of one day cricket. 2020 and tests is the way forward.

and seriously, play the pyjama games before the test series. otherwise they seem like an afterthought.

yet again a no result at Old Trafford, heavy rain before they came on air and one of the runups was unfit. I don't think you can expect international players to play in unfit conditions, different thing at club level and even county level. Even Warne's suggestion that they bowl from one end only seems slightly farcical.

I wish Lancashire would just up sticks and move from Manchester. It's statistically one of the wettest cities in England. It's been a poor summer and I wasn't in the slightest bit surprised they've had 2 none results. I'd keep England games away from there, and that's from a Lancashire fan!

Well, Australia 2-0 up in the series now, very poor performance by England with the bat at Lords today.

At this moment Australia won the first 4 games, don't really know if they still need to play the other 3 games ( altho game 5 is nearly finished)
Oz will win the series

Ponting can become the 3rd player who scores XX amoutn of runs ( pity he got out today after 4 runs) and Oz can gain their first spot in the ICC rankings again if they win all the games, for the moment SA is number 1.

true but hardly the time to lose form ahead of the Champions Trophy and the ODI series in SA, which is likely to lead to several players going into the test series fairly low in confidence.

England finally manage to get rid of Ponting and Clarke without them doing too much damage, Swann bowled brilliantly to take a 5 wicket haul but given the frgaility of the batting lineup you still wouldn't be surprised to see them failing to get 177.

Latest posts