• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v Iceland

Good perofmance. 6 goals is nothing special against Iceland, a clean sheet at 4-0 would have been a better result however. The flat 4 in midfield seemed to work better.

Well you were well able to compete against England and Ireland who are far better than Iceland, although in fairness to Iceland they were very close to qualifying for Euro 2004.

England are definatly gonna be battled hardend after Facing such Soccer Superpowers Like Iceland...

They're not the only ones, Spain and France played the mighty Andorrans.
<

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 10 2004, 12:49 PM
England are definatly gonna be battled hardend after Facing such Soccer Superpowers Like Iceland...
I see your point but it will do our confidence the power of good!

There's also the chance of serious injury if they play a bigger team where there's a bit more edge to it.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jun 10 2004, 04:24 PM
There's also the chance of serious injury if they play a bigger team where there's a bit more edge to it.
I take it you didn't see Joey Gudjohnsen and others vs Japan!!

There was studs up all over the place. Only 1 red card though.

Thuram has fired him up enough - I think he'll open the scoring on sunday.

I'm starting to think 0-0 is a likely outcome for Sunday. It'll be an anticlimax, but nevertheless a good result.

Originally posted by woodie+Jun 11 2004, 09:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woodie @ Jun 11 2004, 09:18 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-An Tarbh
@Jun 10 2004, 04:24 PM
I take it you didn't see Joey Gudjohnsen and others vs Japan!!

There was studs up all over the place. Only 1 red card though. [/b]
More of that is needed in football, right now. I don't see why 22 men kicking a ball is so popular.

Latest posts