• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v Ireland

Jeez, two pages (edit: three now) of pre-match waffle kinda shows how little interest there is in this match. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, will be shouting for Ireland of course but half expect England to bounce back and beat us into submission. I think Cipriani is the key. He's fairly well composed but he'll be under phenomenal pressure during the match. If he holds up well, England should be comfortable, if not, Ireland could smell the blood and go after England. Ireland are too fragile at the moment, so unless England throw things our way, I dont see us coming away with a win.

Its a hard one to call as both sides are so dire at the moment. The problem is neither side is set up to produce quick ball so the backs can do some damage. England could win through home advantage but as we all know that hasnt counted for a lot in recent seasons. As a passionate English fan I never want England to lose but I can see why some have wanted it as we need a total change in direction. England by 2 points(just cos im English).

I think Ireland will click tomorrow and claim 2nd place in the championship. [/b]

Let's put it this way, they're more likely to click than England. Reckon it will be a close game and knowing how we can throw it all away, again, Ireland by 3 and as mentioned Ashton to get kicked out, again. Although to be fair other than Ashton's useless capabilities heads should roll higher up that way we CAN start from stratch, rather than tinkering. I mean, dropping Jonny and no one else seems a bit unfair and smacks of scapegoat. I could understand if he was captian but there were far more unconvincing performances and who's leading the so called team?

Lets face it how many matches has Jonny won for us? a lot more than lost, he can thank his teammates for the latter.

Jeez, two pages (edit: three now) of pre-match waffle kinda shows how little interest there is in this match.[/b]
How very dare you! There is NO waffle on TRF.

Having said that, I can't really think of anything to add except ... C'mon Iron!

Hook is having a senior moment, lambasting BOD and praising ROG as "what Ireland wants"

Still want to maintain Balshaw ???

Cipriani best Englishman of the first 5min !!

vainikolo being used well

cipriani playing well

england are settleling now

good drive!

Trimble's defence was pants in the buildup to that try, he should be read the riot act for that nonsense.

It's me or without Wilko England is really another (i mean better) team ?

Good game until now...

Danny C, where have you been all my life?!

The ability to get even Jamie Noon beyond the "can't attack but will tackle" phase is incredible.

Which fly-half has come out better however? Cipriani or O'Gara?

Agree, Cipriani as good as Wilko in kicks, but better animator and really dangerous wherever he is

He has had a similar effect to that of Skrela or Trin Duc in adding a sudden amount of urgency and passion into the back line. It must be pretty disconcerting for the older players like Wilkinson and Michalak...

...however, this is just the first 40 minutes or so. We'll see how he does against New Zealand and Australia this summer and autumn..

EDIT: and now its England 16 Ireland 10.

Not that England are exactly making it hard for Ireland however with some silly mistakes of their own..

Quality defence yet again from Ireland, does Steadman actually do anything in this setup

There's the Balshaw we know and love!!!

PAUL O'CONNELL YOU ARE NOT A f***ING CENTRE :wall: :wall: :wall: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Latest posts