• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v Ireland

Yeah getting a little frustrating now. Ireland have worked good positions so frequently throughout the second half, easily getting into the English 22, but you just know that the ref is either going to ping us, or were going to f*** it up.

I'm happy enough actually just to see them have a go, but you cant see them winning. Similar to the Welsh match, the English arent really being forced to win it, they just have to wait long enough for Ireland to make an unforced error.

Its so weird sitting here though. Only now without about 20 mins to go am I starting to give a ****. before hand I was just sitting back and enjoying the match. I was even able to applaud the two English tries.

I think when not in Munster's home ground in the torrential rain, Danny Cipriani is pretty damn good...

Good to see Danny inject confidence into England, his general demeanour just seems to push England forward whereas before they would have just fallen away.

Nick Easter strangely has had a good match and made allot of hard yards as well.

EDIT: you know the party hasn't gotten started when old lazy bones Stringer himself comes onto the field!

Further EDIT: OOOOH! TOM CROFT! Superb run by the guy after yet another Irish attack comes to nothing.

Its official: Ireland are stale.

Hang about...did Danny just swear on live television?!

Well thats him BANNED from international rugby for the next 12 months then if Ashton will have his way...

Hang about...did Danny just swear on live television?!

Well thats him BANNED from international rugby for the next 12 months then if Ashton will have his way...
[/b]

Hopefully Ashton will be on his way not having his way ;)

He swore? :huh: What did he say?
[/b]

He said the forwards deserved the f***ing man of the match.

Found that many times England should have been penalised in the ruck (diving, retarding the exit), but whatever couldn't have change the final result as too many faults and lack of precision in the green backline.

Would like to see England play like the did when they beat us

Its official: Ireland are stale. [/b]
Spot on. Still close, and there's plenty of substance - but mistakes and lack of smarts at 13 ruin a lot of good work. What would BOD have done with some offloads from Horgan's half breaks? Plus you can't lose the best midfield defence in the world and not suffer.

Actually, I think it's Ireland's backrow that holds us back. Heaslip is good - not great - at 8, but the other boys are anonymous. No fight in them. England's backrow isn't great, but at least they go in looking to **** up the enemy.

Thumbs up for Cipri - I wonder will Yawny be confined to bit parts at 12? And Noone had his second miracle match. Says it all.

When Matthew "the handbag" Tait came on I thought, Here we go! Win for Ireland. And then the fewker scores. Sheesh. Who loses to Wales AND England in the same season? (France, maybe)

Found that many times England should have been penalised in the ruck (diving, retarding the exit)... [/b]

What does "retarding the exit" mean? Was Lipman there playing "LETS GET RETARDED IN HERE" on his mobile phone while Haskell and Croft were doing spastic impressions?

Please, I'd love to hear this...

<div class='quotemain'>Its official: Ireland are stale. [/b]
Spot on. Still close, and there's plenty of substance - but mistakes and lack of smarts at 13 ruin a lot of good work. What would BOD have done with some offloads from Horgan's half breaks? Plus you can't lose the best midfield defence in the world and not suffer.

Actually, I think it's Ireland's backrow that holds us back. Heaslip is good - not great - at 8, but the other boys are anonymous. No fight in them. England's backrow isn't great, but at least they go in looking to **** up the enemy.

Thumbs up for Cipri - I wonder will Yawny be confined to bit parts at 12? And Noone had his second miracle match. Says it all.

When Matthew "the handbag" Tait came on I thought, Here we go! Win for Ireland. And then the fewker scores. Sheesh. Who loses to Wales AND England in the same season? (France, maybe) [/b][/quote]

Australia, 2005 I believe. The year Wales won a grand slam AND when Sheridan started making Aussie forwards crap themselves with fright...

And as for the back row, considering that towards the end, Tom Croft managed to almost out run the Irish back three is a good pointer as to how our flankers are growing in stature (against all odds I might add). Tait deserved that try, he always tries hard and does have talent when not being pointlessly dumped after games or whatever...

Found that many times England should have been penalised in the ruck (diving, retarding the exit)... [/b]
Agree with that. Ref penalised O'Connell twice for handling the ball on the floor when the ruck had barely been formed and possession was quick anyway, on the other side, Tait dives over a rook, lies on the ball and seconds later still no whistle. None of this though had any bearing on the result whatsoever. It was just frustrating when added to the series of unforced errors we were making thats all.

Cipriani had a good game first half, quieter second. Lipman looked like a good link man, and Mears was in and around the ball all day. From an Irish point of view ...................... well nothing much happened really. Good-ish game from Kearney, Horgan did quite well at stages but there was no one running on his shoulder (jesus a proper #7 anyone), and finally we actually got quick ball there for a while and ran the ball.

Other then that, a rather fitting end to the competition for Ireland. We deserved no better.

Cipriani should be the permanent no.10, he offers so much more than Wilkinson. This was a really good performance by England at the same time Ireland were very poor. Amazing after being 10-0 up after 7 mintes they didnt score for the rest of the game.

<div class='quotemain'> Found that many times England should have been penalised in the ruck (diving, retarding the exit)... [/b]
Agree with that. Ref penalised O'Connell twice for handling the ball on the floor when the ruck had barely been formed and possession was quick anyway, on the other side, Tait dives over a rook, lies on the ball and seconds later still no whistle. None of this though had any bearing on the result whatsoever. It was just frustrating when added to the series of unforced errors we were making thats all.[/b][/quote]

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/35L4Np25-xM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/35L4Np25-xM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Haha, I wondered why Cipriani covered his mouth durin his post match interview...we couldnt hear proper in the pub - anyone got any clips of the slip...just for the crack like

Cipriani for president. Flat passes, you gotta love them. All of the sudden even Noon doesn't look that stale in attack, for the first time this 6 nations the backs have come running onto the ball from deep, but recieving it flat when it needs to be. Cipriani seems to have the sense what pass needs to thrown at what time quite well. He seemed much more diverse in attack, and offers deep passes, flat passes, field kicks, goal kicks, runs, chips, and whatnot. The fact that he slotted into the FH with comparative ease in his first real match, and the fact that he bossed the game for quite a while in the first half, putting his backs to work seems hopefull for the future!

I have to say after Ireland were up 10-0 after 7 mins, I really thought that England were just going to bend over backwards and get demolished. :lol:

Cipriani had a good game, and I was really enjoying the big hits that Noon was putting in once again, I love that guy!

Latest posts