• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Australia (13/11)

Or it could be a cunning plan that Manu gets exposed when the Aussies target him (as they undoubtedly will), at which point Smith is taken off, Malins comes on as wing and Faz goes back to 10

Eddie then says I gave him a chance mate but it ruined the balance of the team

Yeah Aus and Scotland are the 2 most improved sides at international. But he's right, Aus will struggle against a dynamic Pack with players like Genge, Itoje, Curry, Sinkler and with Smith shifting the attack. I dont know though if Karevi and Cooper are back, But i can see them playing Beale at 10 and moving Petia into 13 and bring Ikitau on as impact 2nd half, which I think would be a good change for Aus from last week.

with Smith shifting the attack
5ts9ka.jpg

Well here's the ******** theroy dunno where our second wing is coming from mind.

FD6ekxaXIAIgtLq

See I was right Sale is too blame.
They will turn Ford into a wing next smh.

TBF Manu has gotten quicker and IMO doesn't have the raw power of before but he really doesn't have the skill set of say Nadolo to just make a switch like this especially at this level

I've seen elsewhere that people are commenting that Farrell is there to gently ease the boy Smith into a higher level of rugby.

Has anyone seen any evidence that British Lion, England international and Premiership winner Marcus Smith (22) has ever struggled to adapt to each successively higher level? If he needs any degree of security, he needs to play with the same type of players that he's used to at club level; a dynamic 8 like Dombrandt, a lively scrum half like Care and a boshing IC like Esterhuizen.

If only England had players who could fulfil those roles, eh Eddie?

Lets see how Smith gets the ball to Manu, missing out Faz

To be fair that is kind of what happens with Quins, but in that case they have a massive 12 to fix the defence, which England will not on Saturday and they have a 9 who gets the ball out quickly

I can actually see a scenario where Faz steps into 10 and then releases Smith to have the option of running at forwards in midfield

But once again the key will be whether Smith is being given the role of running the attack

I've seen elsewhere that people are commenting that Farrell is there to gently ease the boy Smith into a higher level of rugby.
Its the same **** reason people gave for Ford when Farrell had to play outside him. Admittedly it worked for a good while but mainly due to Manu always being injured so we had to find someone back then to play centers. But it wasn't Ford ******** the bed since the world cup yet hes been dropped.

Against New Zealand in 2014 because we had to play Burrell and Twelevetrees apparently.

We lost 28-27 but scored 14 points in the last 10 I think this was after we subbed Burrell for Ashton.

The follwing week we play Eastmond and Tualangi in the centers and lost by even more.
Manu picked up the ball in our 22, broke clear and just ran head down in a straight line making it very easy for Ben Smith to haul him down about 7 yards out. He didn't have the gas of a winger, but nor the instinct to stand up the defender to buy himself some space or the mindset / skill to chip ahead instead.

I'm not blaming Manu at all - he's not a winger but it was the kind of opportunity you'd expect a proper wing to score 9 times out of 10. And in a one point match against the ABs that mattered.

I thought the experiment would have been buried for good after that. Manu may be in the shape of his life but he still won't have the gas, or more importantly, the instinct / skills of a wing. I'm almost pining for Elliot Daly.

I'm constantly baffled by his selections. It certainly causes the players a few issues when playing out of position. I'm getting to the stage where I hardly dare look who he's put where.

and its all academic if Ben Youngs reverts to slow box kicks
Youngs to constantly box kick on the inside, Farrell to constantly kick on the outside, Smith in the middle to get the blame for a failing attack.

Youngs and Farrell being told there is more to rugby than endless kicking:

Lets see how Smith gets the ball to Manu, missing out Faz

To be fair that is kind of what happens with Quins, but in that case they have a massive 12 to fix the defence, which England will not on Saturday and they have a 9 who gets the ball out quickly

I can actually see a scenario where Faz steps into 10 and then releases Smith to have the option of running at forwards in midfield

But once again the key will be whether Smith is being given the role of running the attack
I can see Manu coming off the blindside wingtaking the crash ball on Smiths inside shoulder although Hooper will chop him down easily enough.

Latest posts