• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Australia (13/11)

You're all really overestimating England's ability to attack/score points

Go check out the Six Nations and see how we do vs non tier 2 sides...
Do Asutralia currently play like they don't want the ball? Because we certainly do. We'll be lucky to be in a position to score 20 points let alone win by that much.

The positivity on here… it's beautiful, brings tears to me eyes

PepperyRecentAmazonparrot-size_restricted.gif

Australia have no fit tight-heads in the squad and a misfiring backline. Bit of a free swing for Rennie.

England by loads. 15+ I'd say.

I'd settle for a comfortable loss where we don't get rooted by the ref. Makes losing so much more palatable.

Edit: Ollie Hoskins has been called in. He's been in England for most of his career. Any good?
Hoskins is pretty good. Probably better in the loose than in the tight but is an OK scrummager, can pick a good line, is hard to bring down and has a good work rate.

You're all really overestimating England's ability to attack/score points

Go check out the Six Nations and see how we do vs non tier 2 sides...
Do Asutralia currently play like they don't want the ball? Because we certainly do. We'll be lucky to be in a position to score 20 points let alone win by that much.
I just assumed Marcus smith would be starting

Plus, if you get a scrum penalty every scrum, kick for the corner and maul it, or kick the points, and perhaps australia gets yellow carded for too many scrum penalties, thats 20 points without giving farrell the chance to kick the ball away

I just assumed Marcus smith would be starting

Plus, if you get a scrum penalty every scrum, kick for the corner and maul it, or kick the points, and perhaps australia gets yellow carded for too many scrum penalties, thats 20 points without giving farrell the chance to kick the ball away
Wait wait wait your giving away the penalties here?

God I love the magical Christmas land of less England penalties that opposition you dream of.

In all seriousness I expect England to win, Australia have been a mess for a while now and even our shite tactics work most of the time. It just not going to be high scoring affair, pretty damn close and send you to sleep.

Whats with all the negativity...

We played well against Tonga and put a big score on them, whilst introducing a number of the kids who should take us through to WC 2023.....
We played a decent brand of rugby...and will continue to improve on that over this AI, 6n etc etc....

Next game is a big step up...but i see nothing in Australia that this squad cannot compete with and beat.

We played well against Tonga and put a big score on them, whilst introducing a number of the kids who should take us through to WC 2023.....
...it's Tonga
No disrespect to them but I'm pretty sure the commentary said they've conceded over 60 points in each of their last....4 games?

They're no better than the USA or Canada, who we faced over the Summer

Maybe we have turned a corner, who knows, but the only evidence we have vs Tier 1 sides is our terrible showing in the Six Nations

I think we have a good chance of winning, especially at home, but saying we'll win by 20+ points is way wide of the mark
I'd be surprised if we didn't have similar tactics to the Six Nations (as they did rear their head at times over the summer)

I assume by negativity you are referring to England but I mean... The last 7 years of rugby for us have been one big negative.

*Points at 6 nations and last AI's*
In the past....new coaches, new players, new tactics...we attacked more on Saturday than we did in those periods. Jones admitted he reigned in the attack TOO much.

...it's Tonga
No disrespect to them but I'm pretty sure the commentary said they've conceded over 60 points in each of their last....4 games?

They're no better than the USA or Canada, who we faced over the Summer

Maybe we have turned a corner, who knows, but the only evidence we have vs Tier 1 sides is our terrible showing in the Six Nations

I think we have a good chance of winning, especially at home, but saying we'll win by 20+ points is way wide of the mark
I'd be surprised if we didn't have similar tactics to the Six Nations (as they did rear their head at times over the summer)
And yet Scotland didnt beat them by as much and still beat Australia and everyones lauding over Scotland?

As i said...Tonga was a good warm up...we have new coaches, new tactics, new exciting players....

Im actually very optimistic about the whole thing. EVEN if he brings Farrell back.

And yet Scotland didnt beat them by as much and still beat Australia and everyones lauding over Scotland?
I mean we scored one more try, and they were missing a lot of their best players due to it being out of the window

Like i said, I still think we'll grind out a win vs a very depleted Australia, just don't expect it to be anything impressive

Im am confident we will beat Australia quite comfortably.

I hope you're right, I'm just being realistic based on recent results/form

Been burned by England far too many times

Ah snap...definitely been burned.

I know it was Tonga, and it wasnt perfect by any means, but hell, there was new tactics, we had a flanker at 8, a full back at 10 (who really shouldn't be in the squad) and several new kids...etc etc

But we DID play generally with an attacking intent and things just looked different.

For example...Manu wasnt used as the battering ram of old...he was running at the gaps between players...where he is incredibly dangerous and less likely to break himself. That in turn allowed Slade to open up. Steward looked like a rock. Radwan drifted in and out a little, but is learning. May looked excellent.

Smith came on and played very well....

Dombrandt showed that he can certainly offer more to this England team and change the way we attack as well. Though he needs to rely on his bulk sometimes and go for the line rather than putting in an extra unrequired pass.

Genge seems to be stepping up finally. He needs to show this against Australia. Jamie George back to his rampaging best.

Again...YES it was Tonga i get that...but i saw lots of little things to be optimistic about.

I hope i see similar this weekend.

Re Tonga we'd have been disappointed if we hadn't put that kind of score on them. And how much of the game did they play with 14 men for?

Tonga didn't really tell us much. We'll start to find out a little more this weekend.

As much as I've liked Fazlet in the past I just don't see where he fits in any more.

Latest posts