Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
England A v Portgual XV, Sunday 25 February
Welford Road​

Trying to get information about this game is like trying to get blood from a stone - it's not even listed in the fixtures list on the England site

No idea if it's on TV, I presume not

As it stands there's only 1 scrumhalf in the side as Randall has been called up by the Seniors and they didn't name a replacement

Also after the whole rigmarole about how the England A side is a capture side, Portugal have said they're not sending their test side, they're sending a touring "XV" side, so this game isn't a capture game as Portugal have no registered 2nd team

Rugby stay being an absolute shambles behind the scenes

i'm hoping it will be something like
1. Baxter, 2. Blamire, 3. Heyes
4. Tuima, 5. Isiekwe
6. Pearson, 7. Pepper, 8. Alfie
9. Someone, 10. Atkinson
12. Hartley, 13. Ojomoh
11. OHC, 14. Murley, 15. Hodge

16. Riley, 17. Haffar, 18. Harper
19. Ewels, 20. Fisilau
21. Englefield, 22. Shillcock, 23. Muir

Outside of Ewels I like that team espcially against a "A" Portugal team.

Reasonably happy with that - don't like Ewels or Iosefa-Scott being there, but it is what it is

Would've liked Roebuck to have dropped down to the A side considering he seems very unlikely to get a senior cap this 6N

Really like the backrow and midfield

Overall quite like that. Didn't know Beard was going to be available but glad to see him there. Interesting that Isiekwe isn't involved.

Edit: Olyy beat me by a second :(

Attachments

• E4566912-DD75-49FF-A020-1D6652D91EF9.jpeg
    E4566912-DD75-49FF-A020-1D6652D91EF9.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 6
I can't escape the feeling I've already done this, but I'm flu-d up, so may or may not have been real

I've lost all interest in this game. Honestly don't think it will tell us anything useful.

I understand it's not the meaningful fixture we were all hoping for, but you are so negative it's untrue.
So I'm negative for not wanting to watch an England A side that has limited it's selections to try and justify it's pathways system against an amateur Portugal side. It's turned into a waste of a game and that's because of the incompetence at higher levels.

The likes of France or Ireland must be able to muster a 2nd team for a game like this. Portugal should have been done in the summer when they could put a proper team together

So I'm negative for not wanting to watch an England A side that has limited it's selections to try and justify it's pathways system against an amateur Portugal side. It's turned into a waste of a game and that's because of the incompetence at higher levels.
It's more the fact that almost every comment you make is negative.

The significance and value of this fixture is negligible, but it could still be a fun watch. Sure, we're not going to learn anything useful, but do you have to be such a broken record?

It's more the fact that almost every comment you make is negative.

The significance and value of this fixture is negligible, but it could still be a fun watch. Sure, we're not going to learn anything useful, but do you have to be such a broken record?
And your not, just stick me on ignore if I'm so negative. I'm not the only one in this thread to point out how much of a **** up this is and it's become a waste of time, but you seem to have taken offense to me. I tried to be more balanced on the main England thread, but the A team would probably get more benefit playing a premiership team like Gloucester. As someone said earlier more chance of one of the Portuguese players suffering a serious injury playing professionals.

You know what simpler solution is I'll just ignore you and then I don't have to watch every post be complaining about me.

Latest posts