• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England XV vs Barbarians (19/06/2022)

England are awful.

That's pretty much as embarrassing as you can get. Down to 14 men for 50 mins....and look like the team down to 14 men.

Just clueless rugby.

So many of those players Ewells to stsrt with should never ay for England again.

This has actually been a brilliant performance from the barbarians. Hard, tight doing basics well and putting all the effort in then cutting loose with world class skills and vision when its right. "Simple" and effective.

No excuse for Jones though, quite the opposite. It shows what good coaching and culture can do.
Exactly, heard Chris Boyd say as such on podcast.
Wirk on basic skills until they are automatic, then trust the players to adapt to match situations.

England are awful.

That's pretty much as embarrassing as you can get. Down to 14 men for 50 mins....and look like the team down to 14 men.

Just clueless rugby.

So many of those players Ewells to stsrt with should never ay for England again.
Well after both matches this weekend, there is not a lot who should.

England (regardless of selection) have regressed so much post 2019 final that they probably can't play any worse EJ must have burnt any credit he had in the bank and clearly can't be expected to make England competitive in the next let alone win the thing, he has to go, not sure how it can get much worse.

I imagine he'll say something about "not wanting to show australia what we've been implementing" even though the simple fact is you had better players and you didn't need to be fancy to win the game.

Habana, rightly, shooting down that Joe C was anything special out there
Those 11/14/23 choices were a pointless waste
One, maybe two, of them then sure - not all three

Crap. I've only just seen what the actual score was.

It was a meaningless game and we were without players from our best 2 clubs, but even so that's humiliating.

It's been apparent for way too long that Jones judgement has been way off beam and there are just too many players he doesn't get through to. Getting walloped down under and regime change may be the step back we need to take to go forward.

EJ says that they were trying to do some new things this week and they didnt quite come off.
Any suggestions as to what those things were?

EJ singling out May as a highlight of today 😐
Also describing Walker as a youngster coming through despite being older than half the squad

I've said it for a while (as I'm sure you know) but horns is rubbish and had to go. He ran out of ideas years ago and the only results we had were off the back of players not coaching or tactics.

Jones to go as we won't win the WC with him.

Habana, rightly, shooting down that Joe C was anything special out there
Those 11/14/23 choices were a pointless waste
One, maybe two, of them then sure - not all three
Was habana trying to tell us something we didn't know 😆

So is Squidge rugby going to be wrong or right?

Eddie has time to get his new format working....

So is Squidge rugby going to be wrong or right?

Eddie has time to get his new format working....
The new format is about attack, we don't have any new format we are working on in defence. I think Squidge is miles off the mark, England have been consistently poor in all facets of the game, not just select areas. That can't be put down to new tactics.

Jones wont go pre WC rightly or very much wrongly so what can we do? Our attack coach is a joke we look so toothless. If jones doesnt go we really need a shake up, spend some money to get someone who will turn our attack around.

I still dont understand the selection with who was available Blarmire has been the no.3 the entire time and had a great shot to be number 1 this game and in Aus with Experience on the bench in George.

May Nowell both were not great or up to speed. Big Joe showed flashes of why he could be great but looked slower than he used to be, Freeman did himself no harm tbh looked solid and strong going forward.

Dont mind Jonny Hill getting gametime because we have Itoje Lawes and Ewels(not wanted but is there)

Randall seemed the right choice but he doesnt control the game well enough.

Just not sold on the team today.

Latest posts