• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

Honestly that's a fair bit less than I expected. More than they're worth but less than I expected.
Well i think the next year will decide that..if they can move the team forward...or not...

What's the crack with Sinfield...is he staying on or has he left?

Not sure there's (m)any coach(es) worth £1m on top of their salary tbh, considering the RFU is haemorrhaging money at the best of times

Can't see a single argument as to why the Tigers ones are even if you do think they're the right ones moving forwards

Wales paid 4.5months salary for Mike Forshaw

Well of they win a few grand slams and the next world Cup then they would he worth it.

I still don't think so, tbh - that milli was to get them mid season, anything post rwc is irrelevant
If that has allowed them to get ahead start for "new cycle" and they go on to be a dominant force this next 4 years then it will be worth it...if they dont then clearly money not well spent.

On other news Mercer out for "Months"....

If that has allowed them to get ahead start for "new cycle" and they go on to be a dominant force this next 4 years then it will be worth it...if they dont then clearly money not well spent.

On other news Mercer out for "Months"....
Mercer is an odd one and not as much of a loss as i thought because Earl has really stepped up this WC, honestly i doubted he would.

They are both attacking players and i dont think there is room for them both. So its not as bad much of a loss(for England).

On another note if Saxons game is in Jan then when will the squad be released?

Mercer is an odd one and not as much of a loss as i thought because Earl has really stepped up this WC, honestly i doubted he would.

They are both attacking players and i dont think there is room for them both. So its not as bad much of a loss(for England).

What will be interesting is what SB does with Earl. Does he stay with what worked at 8 or move him to the flank and bring in a "bigger" 8 such as Tom Willis etc.

England have a lot of options in that back row...Underhill, T Curry, Pearson looks a cracking talent, Ludlum must in the mix...etc

It's during the 6N (end of Feb) so probably won't announce it until the break in the Prem
Prem cup semi is the week before the game so not sure how that might influence selections as well

Seriously, though, I'd go with

Itoje, Martin
Curry, Underhill, Earl

Chessum, T.Willis/Pearson/Ludlam