• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Squad

Yeah Billy was one of the real frustrstrations...6'3 big unit, strong, had pace, good hands, monster boot...yet just couldnt put it all together consistently. Ive seen him have a few rare games where he did and he was just top class...and made you even more frustrated...

All went downhill when he joined….duh duh duh…. Gloucester

36 never got a chance to play at international level really.

I saw a fair bit of Eng u20s last season and he looks like he would need a lot of physical development for the PREM let alone England. He is not particularly big or quick. Although he is nice passer and has a good feel for the game
Kelly and Atkinson who are are a similar age are quite a bit ahead of him imo
Thus the "stretch" part haha.

Wouldn't say a lot of physical development but get him the other side of 15st and make sure he can tackle 1 on 1 with bigger runners. You can do most of that that in the gym but the feel for a game is a lot harder to bring on in a player.

He is so far back in the pecking order but defo worth developing.

It's no reason to rule him out if he can't but it's a very nice bonus to have if he can

This. It gives players a bit of X factor if they can whoosh off and score if they find an unexpected gap. England need some X factor.

He cuts a line.
But 12's don't generally get gaps to run they either make them through distribution or crash in the channel

How many gaps do Manu and Lawrence get at 12 v 13

Fewer of course, while playing in position at least. Lawrence seems to find the odd gap. Manu not so much - but he has lost pace since he played 13. Farrell sees gaps but can't get through them.

Thus the "stretch" part haha.

Wouldn't say a lot of physical development but get him the other side of 15st and make sure he can tackle 1 on 1 with bigger runners. You can do most of that that in the gym but the feel for a game is a lot harder to bring on in a player.

He is so far back in the pecking order but defo worth developing.
Your seeing something I'm not with him. I guess time will tell

IDK just going off what I saw on Twitter that tigers had an undisclosed payment of around £1 million in their accounts and that seems to be the obvious thing

This. It gives players a bit of X factor if they can whoosh off and score if they find an unexpected gap. England need some X factor.

Fewer of course, while playing in position at least. Lawrence seems to find the odd gap. Manu not so much - but he has lost pace since he played 13. Farrell sees gaps but can't get through them.
Is there many 12s in the top level at the moment who can do that? Seems to be bruisers are the current trend...

Kelly can make breaks..but he's strong, has a good pass and just a strong all round 12.

Latest posts