• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England A vs Portugal XV

Really should have finished that try off a couple of phases earlier. Would like to see some more passing efficiency really.

Quite frankly, everyone scoring for fun. 100 points on the cards?
Expect so. In the second half the difference in fitness between pro and amateur athletes will really start to show. Unfortunately think the game will only become more uneven the longer it goes on.

Feels like a game that age grade should be playing not seasoned pros (and in some cases: seasoned internationals)

I do think that one positive for Portugal is their tackling up front. They've struggled when the ball's gotten to the wider channels but on the whole I'd say they've done really well against our bigger carriers in the close quarters (I know there have been a couple of lapses). They've contained Barbeary incredibly well.

Chiefs boys have come out well from this
Tuima has done well but honestly I think it's been a day to forget for Hodge. Comms have been hyping him up because he's hit some good lines and made some good metres but he's also had several handling errors and most importantly, IMO, there's been quite a few times where he's chosen to run himself when a simple pass would have led to a try. Even on the try he did score he really should have passed it; Murley was completely open.

Tuima has done well but honestly I think it's been a day to forget for Hodge. Comms have been hyping him up because he's hit some good lines and made some good metres but he's also had several handling errors and most importantly, IMO, there's been quite a few times where he's chosen to run himself when a simple pass would have led to a try. Even on the try he did score he really should have passed it; Murley was completely open.

You're right. Hodge has been doing that for us too. I can't help but think he's been thinking about his highlight reels too much.

Latest posts