• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Australia (13/11)

Oh god, I'm going to be at this game too. I've asked my mate to say can we take it easy because of the later kick off. Hopefully I won't have a similar hangover to last week.

England to win I feel after watching the Aus team face Scotland

Would presume it would be Davison, I mean that's why he's there as he covers both sides.

Could see Mako being called up for the SA test mind.
With the positive test so early, Marler will probably be available for the SA game

Gotta imagine some more forwards will test positive, now - scrums n that

2 things could easily happen

1) more positive tests and game gets cancelled
2) an independent investigation of what went on to prove Farrell's false positive

I wouldn't chuck him straight into the game, but hope he does get the callup - little reward for turning down Scotland a few weeks ago

Good to see Jones looking at the younger option instead of going straight for Mako then.

Australia have no fit tight-heads in the squad and a misfiring backline. Bit of a free swing for Rennie.

England by loads. 15+ I'd say.

I'd settle for a comfortable loss where we don't get rooted by the ref. Makes losing so much more palatable.

Edit: Ollie Hoskins has been called in. He's been in England for most of his career. Any good?

Last edited:
Australia have no fit tight-heads in the squad and a misfiring backline. Bit of a free swing for Rennie.

England by loads. 15+ I'd say.

I'd settle for a comfortable loss where we don't get rooted by the ref. Makes losing so much more palatable.

Edit: Ollie Hoskins has been called in. He's been in England for most of his career. Any good?
Trying to think of who else was in the squad apart from tupou and 7a's? Certainly can't think of anyone half decent at scrummaging.

Trying to think of who else was in the squad apart from tupou and 7a's? Certainly can't think of anyone half decent at scrummaging.
Uncapped Pone Fa'amausili but he too is injured. Robertson will likely start at TH though the majority of his test rugby has come at LH. Slipper could probably cover it too but that leaves us short at LH. Otherwise all our other options are at home. Our squad was limited because of Covid restrictions prior to the Wallabies leaving Aus. That's how 38 year old Greg Holmes got a cap against Argentina.

Running off the smell of an oily rag.

Uncapped Pone Fa'amausili but he too is injured. Robertson will likely start at TH though the majority of his test rugby has come at LH. Slipper could probably cover it too but that leaves us short at LH. Otherwise all our other options are at home. Our squad was limited because of Covid restrictions prior to the Wallabies leaving Aus. That's how 38 year old Greg Holmes got a cap against Argentina.

Running off the smell of an oily rag.
Start the game without a tighthead and they'll have to have golden oldies from the start. Then you might stand a chance to get within 20 points of england.

Latest posts