• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Fiji 26th August 23

This was a good result for fiji, but not good in terms of their World Cup chances. All it will do is give them false confidence. Fiji were not that good and only won because england were terrible. Possibly fijis worst performance this year.

Will Borthwick finally stand up and say this is not good enough or will he continue with his delusion that positives are to be found

2 weeks before the World Cup, is it that crazy an idea to sack Borthwick now and go in with a caretaker coach?

As ever, the question is who?
Anyone. Someone that's not even a head coach. Someone that can just see them through the World Cup, just not Borthwick. I didn't watch the game, but apparently England still stuck to the same game plan and played awful. Borthwick needs to go. Sack him and worry about a coach later. He is clearly not going to change anything.

Sure, I appreciate the idea, but who is free and could do a job?

We're in 2007 player revolt territory now but they don't seem anywhere near strong enough. We have Farrell back to go nuts about the coaches lines in one game's time

Sack him just on principle. It cost the RFU a fortune to get him, he's done appallingly bad, shown he's just incompetent. If this was any other industry he would have been shown the door long ago. I think, perhaps if he'd taken some accountability for their performance and made some attempt to change the way they played then he could be given a pass, but he hasn't. Not sure if that's arrogance or what, but the RFU need to send a message that this kind of performance isn't acceptable.

Highly paid broken toys? That's a Ronan O'gara job.

This is really just a long play by the rfu to destroy the players mental health so this ROG's cult **** will work on them when they hire him for 10 mil a year.

Sack him just on principle. It cost the RFU a fortune to get him, he's done appallingly bad, shown he's just incompetent. If this was any other industry he would have been shown the door long ago. I think, perhaps if he'd taken some accountability for their performance and made some attempt to change the way they played then he could be given a pass, but he hasn't. Not sure if that's arrogance or what, but the RFU need to send a message that this kind of performance isn't acceptable.
Problem is, the RFU is just as guilty. It looks to me like Rugby here in the UK might be having the same issue as Ice Hockey did in the 90s. Short version, the governing body didn't do it's job and look after the sport and the British game, leagues, nationals paid a heavy price. It survived, but it's nothing like it was and it merely limps on.

Highly paid broken toys? That's a Ronan O'gara job.

This is really just a long play by the rfu to destroy the players mental health so this ROG's cult **** will work on them when they hire him for 10 mil a year.

The ROG cult **** would work too, but once the opposition don't look any of his players in the eye I think it stops working. Toulouse finally figured it out.

After the Ireland v Samoa result, I am not just worried about progressing, but actually finishing in top 3 and having to qualify for 2027!!!

Latest posts